Problem collecting lava with a bucket?

#1Mohawk_BravoPosted 5/19/2012 3:47:29 PM
Hey guys, I recently was trying to build a nether portal in my most recent world, and was having some trouble. I had built a mine that had reached all the way to the bedrock. Well down there, I found a lava flow and sectioned it off to collect it later. Upon returning with a bucket, I was unable to collect any of it. I had the same problem in another world with a lava flow on the bedrock, but in that world I had found a lava flow closer to the surface and thus it was not a problem. Does anyone know why I am unable to collect Lava near the bedrock? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, I've been experiencing the disappearing water/lava bug in my recent world next to my original starting camp. It's not been a problem at my new camp yet, but has anyone else experienced that bug or have any solution for it? It becomes annoying when you realize your camp is in the middle of a dry zone and you have to build a farm farther away from you.

Thanks in advance guys.
#2Skeif13Posted 5/19/2012 3:50:25 PM
I'm guessing but... maybe you're not looking at the source block for lava? Hold your bucket and look at different lava blocks until it says you can pick it up.

Also I don't think that glitch is a glitch. You might be trying to pour stuff to close to the original spawn point, which it won't allow because... it's a spawn point.
---
If you believe in Bridget, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100 % proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3Mohawk_Bravo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 4:07:56 PM
Alright, I'll give it a try again. I was under the understanding that so long as the block was full and not 'flowing' that I could collect it (like how water works, for example). Also, I had heard that it was an original spawn point issue, but was just curious if there was any chance it could happen at my new spawn location as well.