Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#11Glover33448Posted 5/23/2012 7:38:02 AM
For everyone so up in arms over this using the logic that you are hurting Mojang do you know this for a fact? Has it been said Microsoft is taking sales from Mojang for these refunds? Because it seems to me that if Microsoft mislabeled content on their online service they should be the ones to eat the losses.

If a company runs an add that claims they have a game for 30 bucks cheaper than it really is they have to honor that and take the loss, they don't get to get money back from the maker of the game to cover their false advertisement. I have to imagine the agreement between developers and Microsoft is similar otherwise I would think they would refuse to use XBL as a sales platform.

It is ethically wrong no matter what, and I'm not arguing that, but I would be truly amazed if Microsoft is taking money from Mojang for their f*** up.
---
"Vampire Penguins...Zombie Guinea Pigs...We're done for!"
Some British Dude's Random Sleep Talk
#12GeistPosted 5/23/2012 7:46:08 AM
HellSpirit posted...
The people who do this are simply put, dirty lowlife thieves.

Agree 100%.
---
What, me worry?
#13MephystoPosted 5/23/2012 9:47:22 AM(edited)
Glover33448 posted...
For everyone so up in arms over this using the logic that you are hurting Mojang do you know this for a fact? Has it been said Microsoft is taking sales from Mojang for these refunds? Because it seems to me that if Microsoft mislabeled content on their online service they should be the ones to eat the losses.

If a company runs an add that claims they have a game for 30 bucks cheaper than it really is they have to honor that and take the loss, they don't get to get money back from the maker of the game to cover their false advertisement. I have to imagine the agreement between developers and Microsoft is similar otherwise I would think they would refuse to use XBL as a sales platform.

It is ethically wrong no matter what, and I'm not arguing that, but I would be truly amazed if Microsoft is taking money from Mojang for their f*** up.

You have to look at this from the other side as well though. Someone has to eat a loss for every refund sent out. Do you really think Microsoft is going to stand for having a good chunk of incoming revenue going back out the door like that, especially dealing with a game that broke sales records (which, in turn, also means it has the potential of a larger amount of money having to be sent back out for it as well)? I can tell you straight out they won't - their shareholders alone wouldn't stand for it. They'll be looking to recoup some of that loss, i guarantee you that... and if they can't recoup from the consumers, then guess who's the obvious choice for them to look toward to help burden the loss?

No, we don't have proof that Mojang is suffering at all from this, you're absolutely right there. But all logic does point to their business relationship with Microsoft being affected absolutely by it in the future.

EDIT: To give a better idea of the possible impact of this, let's interject some numbers. According to sales figures, minecraft sold over 1 million copies in the first 5 days - that alone is $20 million in revenue. As a good amount of people see no problem asking for refunds (as proven by taking a quick look at forum posts here), what percentage of just that $20 million first-five-day sales can we assume are going to be lost when those refunds are sent back out? Do you think 1% is a conservative number? If so, they've just lost $200000 from refunds. Could you see the number of people looking for handouts climbing to just 10% of those first-five-day sales? If so, they've lost $2 million dollars.... but hey, it's all good, some people saved $20 and got a free game out of it, right?
#14whyterose86Posted 5/23/2012 8:27:48 AM
Go get your refund guy, and enjoy those Modern Warfare map packs. Modern Warfare is a MUCH better game than this 20 dollar "Lego Land" anyway. After you're through blasting people in your new map packs feel free to mine some more in minecraft too....because you'll have both:) hahahahaha
#15randomguy273Posted 5/23/2012 8:30:20 AM
If you scam mojang out of money for a game that is actually really cheap for what you get, then you are missing out, as mojang will use the money to develop the game through updates, and also it counts as theft... but it's your choice to make.
#16ZOMBIECHICKENZPosted 5/23/2012 8:33:19 AM
HellSpirit posted...
The people who do this are simply put, dirty lowlife thieves.

Get some ****ing morals. This world is going to **** and you dudes are part of the cause.

This.
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ
PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
#17HellSpiritPosted 5/23/2012 8:36:26 AM
I wish I had more compassion towards Mojang or Microsoft, but I don't and thats not my real issue.

What gets me is all these people who know what they are doing is wrong, yet they just don't care and go ahead and lie with absolutely no concerns that they are taking something that isn't theirs. Maybe its the old man in me but my parents never raised me to be so flippant or disregard stealing as trivial.

I remember life before the internet and this is one of the bad things that has spawned from it. Lots of people feel complete impunity when online and above the law.

Morals - check.
Lecturing - check.
Judgemental post - check.
Knows right from wrong - check.
#18whyterose86Posted 5/23/2012 8:38:30 AM
Like I said before....enjoy your new map packs son:) HAHAHA
#19SkootirPosted 5/23/2012 8:50:39 AM
i admit i thought about doing it but honestly i dont care about the splitscreen and i love the game so much that the 1600 was totally worth it and if it was worth it then im not gonna ask for a refund if i still love the game
---
How many DBZ characters does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one but it takes 10 episodes.
#20fadedline1Posted 5/23/2012 9:23:24 AM
I ONLY bought this game so me and my girl could play split screen. We have an HDTV but no HD cable. Still, I'm not getting a refund. Because, well.. I'm a decent human being.
---
3?
GT: thefadedline1