Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#131AX120Posted 5/27/2012 7:30:18 PM
DrunkLastKnight posted...
AX120 posted...
Some of you people need to get over yourselves. If you enjoy sticking up for these companies so much, then go get a job for them. Last time I checked, theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent. If they are giving you the points back under their own free will, this is no way theft or stealing. Dishonesty at worst, and we're all guilty of that.

Thing is if you are lying for that refund, its fraud regardless. I could get the refund but I chose not to. Even my wife who thinks it was a waste of $20 doesnt feel its right for me to grab the refund. I am not happy they are allowing people that got a refund to keep the game too. Sorry you want a refund? You revoke your usage rights to the game.

I'm sure the top dogs will make their decisions accordingly. Meanwhile, we type on the internet.
#132DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/27/2012 8:00:51 PM
AX120 posted...
AX120 posted...
Some of you people need to get over yourselves. If you enjoy sticking up for these companies so much, then go get a job for them. Last time I checked, theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent. If they are giving you the points back under their own free will, this is no way theft or stealing. Dishonesty at worst, and we're all guilty of that.

Thing is if you are lying for that refund, its fraud regardless. I could get the refund but I chose not to. Even my wife who thinks it was a waste of $20 doesnt feel its right for me to grab the refund. I am not happy they are allowing people that got a refund to keep the game too. Sorry you want a refund? You revoke your usage rights to the game.

I'm sure the top dogs will make their decisions accordingly. Meanwhile, we type on the internet.

Im half tempted to email MS about the issue, I dont see how its right for people to 'claim' being part of the refund and yet still keep the game. It doesnt sit well with me that I paid for it and people get to keep it for free. I miss the days when there were ABSOLUTELY no refunds for ANYTHING bought on Marketplace. None of this buyers remorse bull (though if you were legitimately on SDTV and got a refund, you are excluded as you were the target for the refund in the first place).
---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!
#133Purple_BenderPosted 5/27/2012 8:08:08 PM
AX120 posted...

Firstly, what's up DLK? You're one of my favorite posters over at the Bethsoft Forums.

Microsoft very much has the power to do just that. They could easily revoke usage rights from those people who are getting a refund; if they can give and track usage rights, they can easily revoke them. For some reason, however, they have decided not to, and so they are willingly allowing the refunded customer to keep his product regardless. This defaults any claim they would have for theft or fraud, because it was a result of their own oversight (and might I add, its a MASSIVE oversight. I highly doubt that this was an accident on the part of Microsoft)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#134AX120Posted 5/27/2012 8:45:26 PM
Or they could just fork over the refund because it'd probably cost them more time and money to do anything further. I can't believe you think a company like MS, or whoever would be in charge of this, would just sit back and pass out free refunds and goodies if they knew they were getting screwed. They haven't got to where they are being stupid. Ease up a little. If this stings you that bad, you've got another thing coming.
#135DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/27/2012 10:52:46 PM
Purple_Bender posted...
AX120 posted...

Firstly, what's up DLK? You're one of my favorite posters over at the Bethsoft Forums.

Microsoft very much has the power to do just that. They could easily revoke usage rights from those people who are getting a refund; if they can give and track usage rights, they can easily revoke them. For some reason, however, they have decided not to, and so they are willingly allowing the refunded customer to keep his product regardless. This defaults any claim they would have for theft or fraud, because it was a result of their own oversight (and might I add, its a MASSIVE oversight. I highly doubt that this was an accident on the part of Microsoft)

Hah I havent been around much there lately, mostly lurking since Ive been done with Skyrim for some time.

Ive inquired with Xbox support about how people get to keep the game and get a refund and how I feel about it. I bought MC the first day and if Im allowed to still take the refund offer, Im half tempted to do so if they are so inclined to let me keep the license too. I really hope the only reason people still have access is because they cant revoke the license from having it on your HDD but prevent re-dl w/o paying for it again.

I mean heck someone actually stated they got a refund because they were not satisfied that there is a clay bug (that exists in this version of MC) and was able to get a refund. But I guess if this is what MS is allowing who am I to deny something they may offer me.
---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!
#136LordcrabfoodPosted 5/28/2012 2:04:06 AM
Synapsis posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Synapsis posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

Lol, well thought out. I guess simple minds are easily impressed

Having a little trouble eating your own words? : )

umm, yeah good one, lmao

Yeah, it's ok to be wrong sometimes : )

I honestly have no idea what you are on about.
#137TheJackoNerdPosted 5/28/2012 4:38:51 AM
Christ, is everyone in this topic a moron? It isn't fraud at all, learn the definition of the word.

You can simply ask for a refund (without even giving a reason) and they will give it. There are NO rules, regulations, limitations, requirements, other than having to have bought it before the 15th May. So...

"In order to get a refund for Minecraft, you must have purchased it before 15th May"

So, what about that is fraud? I got the refund, didn't even have to give a reason. My actual reason was that I can't stream splitscreen through my SD capture card with composite cables, I'll need to buy a HD capture card or PVR. One feature I was looking forward to. Not that I'm justifying myself to anyone here, but I know I'd probably be utterly abused otherwise.

They were more than happy to do so, the woman on the chat was more than happy to do so, Microsoft were more than happy to do so. You ask, you get. Nothing more about it.

/topic
#138Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/28/2012 7:33:30 AM
TheJackoNerd posted...
Christ, is everyone in this topic a moron? It isn't fraud at all, learn the definition of the word.

You can simply ask for a refund (without even giving a reason) and they will give it. There are NO rules, regulations, limitations, requirements, other than having to have bought it before the 15th May. So...

"In order to get a refund for Minecraft, you must have purchased it before 15th May"

So, what about that is fraud? I got the refund, didn't even have to give a reason. My actual reason was that I can't stream splitscreen through my SD capture card with composite cables, I'll need to buy a HD capture card or PVR. One feature I was looking forward to. Not that I'm justifying myself to anyone here, but I know I'd probably be utterly abused otherwise.

They were more than happy to do so, the woman on the chat was more than happy to do so, Microsoft were more than happy to do so. You ask, you get. Nothing more about it.

/topic

"If a player does not have an HD screen and purchased this game prior to the notification update, they are eligible for a full refund through customer support."

From Microsoft's Press Statement sent out to various video game reporting sites. This is found on Joystiq and Kotaku, as well as many other websites which list those articles as their sources.

Just because Customer Service is passing out MSP willy nilly doesn't mean they are supposed to or that the people they are giving them to are deserving. This is the point.

And I know what fraud is, thanks. Perhaps you should look at the definition:

"Intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right."

Your argument is that the circumstance which make one eligible for a refund is solely that one purchased the game prior to the 15th is just wrong. This is false, as you can see above. There are two requirements.

/YourArgument
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#139Brandy1977Posted 5/28/2012 8:09:28 AM
I contacted customer support this morning this is the conversation.

Rory: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Rory. Please give me a moment to review your question.

brandy: Sure

Rory: Hello Brandy, how are you today? I see from your description that you are unable to play splitscreen on Minecraft. Do you receive an error message when you try?

brandy: Noot sure,my 11 yo olds son just said it diddnt work on their TV.

Rory: It is your 11 year old sons's son game?

brandy: Yes

Rory: Would it be possible to find out? We do need a bit more information to be able to trouble shoot it.

Rory: At this stage we do not know why it is not working. What make and model tv is he using?

brandy: He is not with me at the moment,he is using a Samsung TV older model.

Rory: Do you not have access to the console at the moment Brandy?

brandy: He took his Xbox to his friends,i dont have the system.He called me last night to tell me it was not working and when i contacted customer support about it last night the rep told me i would have to try again at a later time or in the morning and at the time it was getting kind of late.

Rory: Does he also use the console in your house?

brandy: At my house on our HDTV he has played it but on his regular TV in his bedroom it does not work.

Rory: I see so he uses his console on 3 different tv's. When did he purchase the game Brandy?

brandy: When it came out,i think the day it came out

Rory: Okay Brandy, as you may be aware there was an issue with the game description that did not mention that a standard definition tv will not work for splitscreen. I can offer a refund on that.

brandy: OK,thank you

Rory: I will advise that if I do credit the points back for refund that you or your son do not play the game. Using a game that has been purchased and then refunded could be considered marketplace theft. Account considered to have done this will be banned. Please make sure you advise your son of the importance of this.

brandy: ok

Rory: I will also see if I can get the licence for the game removed also, then if he does click on it by accident it will only load up the demo.

brandy: \

brandy: ok

Rory: That has been done for you now Brandy. The reference number for this is xxxxxxxxxxx

Rory: Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

brandy: Nope thats it

Rory: Okay Brandy, have a good day.

Rory: Thanks for contacting Xbox Customer Support and have a great day!

I just talked to him and he said the game i still on his xbox and he can play it,i had him delete it.In his history of games he has bought its still there and says it can be downloaded again.Do i need to contact them to make sure this is not a part of his game history?
#140Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/28/2012 8:30:38 AM
Brandy1977 posted...
I just talked to him and he said the game i still on his xbox and he can play it,i had him delete it.In his history of games he has bought its still there and says it can be downloaded again.Do i need to contact them to make sure this is not a part of his game history?

This is a grey area. It seems customer service has been giving out different answers. Whether or not Rory was correct in saying that it would be considered "Marketplace Theft" is not certain. You have to do two tests to see if licenses were removed. 1. Play the game with the gamertag which originally purchased the game on a different Xbox which has not purchased the game. 2. Play the game while not connected to Xbox Live with any profile.

Two tests are required because when you purchase something from the Marketplace, you receive two licenses. One is linked to your gamertag and one to the console on which the purchase is made. This is so the console on which you purchased the game can still access it while not connected to Xbox Live and so that the gamertag can access content on other Xboxs, but only when connected to Xbox Live.

My guess is that the licenses were not actually removed. Some people think that neither were removed, others think that they remove the Gamertag license only and they cannot remove the console license. So to test the gamertag license, you'll have to play with that gamertag on a different console as I said earlier.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?