Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#161mrchidesPosted 5/28/2012 7:28:52 PM
All of you who are doing this, you do know you can get banned if they notice you are still playing Minecraft right?
#162PhantaxusPosted 5/29/2012 5:09:53 AM
So what happens if you get a refund, dont play Minecraft for a few days/weeks/months, then buy an HDTV and start playing again?
#163DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/29/2012 7:37:05 AM
Phantaxus posted...
So what happens if you get a refund, dont play Minecraft for a few days/weeks/months, then buy an HDTV and start playing again?

unless you repay for it, i wouldnt chance it, believe it can be seen as marketplace theft and that is a bannable offense
---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!
#164HypahdosePosted 5/29/2012 8:23:00 AM
mrchides posted...
All of you who are doing this, you do know you can get banned if they notice you are still playing Minecraft right?

No you won't.

If Microsoft didn't want you playing the game after the refund, they would revoke your license to the game.
#165Seven_ZombisPosted 5/29/2012 10:58:15 AM
Hypahdose posted...
mrchides posted...

No you won't.

If Microsoft didn't want you playing the game after the refund, they would revoke your license to the game.

Do you have the name of the Microsoft employee that told you that?
I know we have had plenty of people saying Microsoft told them not to play. But I would love to call and talk to the supervisor that allows employees to tell gamers to play so they can ban them later.
Have you ever thought that them revoking the license might be glitchy?(or maybe they are waiting a week or so, just to provoke the worlds funniest sting operation)
I have only gotten a refund from Microsoft once(for a video I proved to them did not work) and they told me specifically "DO NOT TRY TO USE THE REFUNDED ITEM OR YOU MAY BE BANNED" Granted, this was like 2 years ago, so I can imagine how drastically the policy they have would have changed.

But once again, what is the name of the employee you get all your insightful information from?
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#166Brandy1977Posted 5/29/2012 11:11:14 AM
As i transcribed on page 14 of this post i talked to Rory that told me my sons account would be banned if he played the game in the future and that he would remove the license so if he did click on the game it would only play the demo.

He still had the full game on his Xbox and it showed he purchased it on his download history and that he could re download it.

I removed the game and advised him to not download it again but i find it pretty unreasonable that they would leave the game on his xbox and leave it open for him to download again but ban his account for playing it.

I called a customer service rep today to see if they could remove it from his download history so he could not re download the game and they said they could not.

This whole thing is odd actually.
#167AnuubianPosted 5/29/2012 11:38:37 AM
It's amazing how many of you have HDTV's and no HDMI cables. Are you stupid? It's 2012, not 2002. Get a brain.
---
~
#168DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/29/2012 12:27:43 PM
Brandy1977 posted...
As i transcribed on page 14 of this post i talked to Rory that told me my sons account would be banned if he played the game in the future and that he would remove the license so if he did click on the game it would only play the demo.

He still had the full game on his Xbox and it showed he purchased it on his download history and that he could re download it.

I removed the game and advised him to not download it again but i find it pretty unreasonable that they would leave the game on his xbox and leave it open for him to download again but ban his account for playing it.

I called a customer service rep today to see if they could remove it from his download history so he could not re download the game and they said they could not.

This whole thing is odd actually.

They have no way of removing items from your xbox HD, they can possibly revoke rights from their end but they have no way to touch the content on your HDD. The purchase history is no different than a download history I dont think there is any way to get any item removed from there at all. Best that can be advised is to instil on your son to not play MC unless you want to re-buy it.
---
Like a boss!
#169cabcalloway1983Posted 5/29/2012 11:37:27 PM
Let me get this straight.

They give you a refund and then tell you if you play the game which they cant keep you from playing your account will be banned?Are you serious?

Im not angry because i want to play the game and have got the refund i am angry because this is some grade a BS.

If they start banning accounts for playing a refunded game weather it be Minecraft or whatever then im sure some serious backlash will happen.

It wouldnt bother me one bit if they could take the game away from your account and HD but by leaving it open to play then telling you you can get banned for playing sounds like the customer service rep just had PMS.
#170DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/30/2012 4:09:07 AM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Let me get this straight.

They give you a refund and then tell you if you play the game which they cant keep you from playing your account will be banned?Are you serious?

Im not angry because i want to play the game and have got the refund i am angry because this is some grade a BS.

If they start banning accounts for playing a refunded game weather it be Minecraft or whatever then im sure some serious backlash will happen.

It wouldnt bother me one bit if they could take the game away from your account and HD but by leaving it open to play then telling you you can get banned for playing sounds like the customer service rep just had PMS.

Its in the terms you agree with for XBL, in majority of cases unless you can prove it doesnt work, MS generally never gives out refunds. WHen they do its advised unless its bought again to not reaccess content. If you do and dont pay again its considered theft and is bannable for it. There was a ban wave last year for such an offense.

They cant force an XBox to remove the data off a HD. But they can tell people if caught they will get banned. Not sure whats so hard with either repurchasing or just plain removing the content is for people.
---
Like a boss!