Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#171SwordToTheChestPosted 5/30/2012 9:45:05 AM
DrunkLastKnight posted...
They have no way of removing items from your xbox HD, they can possibly revoke rights from their end but they have no way to touch the content on your HDD. The purchase history is no different than a download history I dont think there is any way to get any item removed from there at all. Best that can be advised is to instil on your son to not play MC unless you want to re-buy it.

You obviously have no idea how the XBL markeplace works, which is funny considering you think you know all the rules.

It is 100% impossible to "re-buy" the game if you already own it. The reps at microsoft are refunding the game but not taking away the licenses, thus making it impossible to re-buy the game.

@brandy: The likelihood of anything happening because your son playing Minecraft again is smaller than the chance of winning the lottery.
#172Seven_ZombisPosted 5/30/2012 11:43:39 AM
SwordToTheChest posted...
They have no way of removing items from your xbox HD, they can possibly revoke rights from their end but they have no way to touch the content on your HDD. The purchase history is no different than a download history I dont think there is any way to get any item removed from there at all. Best that can be advised is to instil on your son to not play MC unless you want to re-buy it.

You obviously have no idea how the XBL markeplace works, which is funny considering you think you know all the rules.

It is 100% impossible to "re-buy" the game if you already own it. The reps at microsoft are refunding the game but not taking away the licenses, thus making it impossible to re-buy the game.

@brandy: The likelihood of anything happening because your son playing Minecraft again is smaller than the chance of winning the lottery.

This is funny considering you think you know all the rules.
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#173alexmercer17Posted 5/30/2012 11:45:03 AM
Sticky Requested.
---
"Well theres your problem, you have it set to M for Mini. You need it set to W for Wumbo."- Merc123 on Minecraft should be rated M.
#174thisawesomedudePosted 5/30/2012 12:11:57 PM
This is getting old. If you ask for a refund you obivously,
A: have a SDTV and deserved the refund because of the lack of split-screen or...
B: your trying to get a "one over" on MS and want to keep playing all the other features regardless of if you wanted to use split screen or not.

Just because you see a loop hole doesn't mean you should jump down it.

Someone else said it the best. If you needed the refund that badly you never should of wasted 20 bucks in the first place...

The End
#175DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/30/2012 4:25:39 PM

If you get a refund, you didnt buy it
---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!
#176SwordToTheChestPosted 5/30/2012 6:52:22 PM

Um, what? You clearly have to purchase a product to get refunded for said product.

And I'm fairly certain most Minecraft refunds did not revoke the license in any way. So therefore, it is impossible to "re-buy" Minecraft if you got said refund.
#177wonderboyjohnnyPosted 5/30/2012 7:24:15 PM
Anuubian posted...
It's amazing how many of you have HDTV's and no HDMI cables. Are you stupid? It's 2012, not 2002. Get a brain.

Yeah, I'm actually really surprised by this as well. You can purchase a run-of-the-mill HDMI cable for around $9. Even less.

I can understand people not owning an HDTV... What I don't get is people expecting everything to function exactly the same on an SDTV as on an HDTV. Granted, this is a case where the description was misleading, but I wouldn't have even CONSIDERED playing split-screen on an SDTV. Just trying to see your inventory would be a pain.

Before I upgraded to my HDTV, I had basically given up on text heavy games. Games just aren't made for SD anymore, that's the way it goes. You'll have to get with the times eventually! Shop around for a good deal that's in your budget and take the leap - you will be tremendously glad that you did.
---
indeed.
#178LordClydePosted 5/30/2012 7:30:39 PM
illegal activity
#179_LordAndSaviorPosted 5/30/2012 10:14:02 PM
So is there no way to play this in split screen without an HDTV? I would rather just be able to play it then get a refund.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#180DrunkLastKnightPosted 5/30/2012 10:31:18 PM

Um, what? You clearly have to purchase a product to get refunded for said product.

And I'm fairly certain most Minecraft refunds did not revoke the license in any way. So therefore, it is impossible to "re-buy" Minecraft if you got said refund.

MS has stated many time to NOT play the title anymore. There are 2 types of license for content: console and Gamertag. I believe from another poster that most likely they revoke the GT license but cant really touch the console license. If you elect for the refund its advised to not play the game as MS considers that marketplace theft.
---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!