Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#21mhollan3Posted 5/23/2012 10:19:38 AM
whyterose86 posted...
Go get your refund guy, and enjoy those Modern Warfare map packs. Modern Warfare is a MUCH better game than this 20 dollar "Lego Land" anyway. After you're through blasting people in your new map packs feel free to mine some more in minecraft too....because you'll have both:) hahahahaha

Modern Warfare is garbage.

Black Ops FTW. And "Lego Land" is still better than Call of Doody.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - TMH Derp
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SkyrimChat and GamerChat! Join us today for chatting bout Skyrim and random games.
#22SEA_Posted 5/23/2012 10:24:47 AM
Hoasty1 posted...
Well I have an hdtv but only have standard av cords

I got my refund and spent it on 2 Gears of War 3 dlc's

Life is good

You have an HDTV, but never bothered to get the proper cables in order to play in HD? wtf
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU, LMU
http://www.last.fm/user/AStevetSA
#23ElectrologyPosted 5/23/2012 10:25:01 AM
HellSpirit posted...
The people who do this are simply put, dirty lowlife thieves.

Get some ****ing morals. This world is going to **** and you dudes are part of the cause.

ok. and microsoft are dirty, lying thieves for not advertising it in the first place. their mistake, they allowed this to happen.
#24HellSpiritPosted 5/23/2012 10:42:11 AM
I don't see how you can label Microsoft thieves here. It was an oversight, a mistake. Nothing similar to what I was saying at all.

As I previously said, my issue is with those who take what isn't theirs. This thread is asking those who stole to come forward. Some did and some are even proud of it.
#25Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/23/2012 10:46:01 AM
Electrology posted...
ok. and microsoft are dirty, lying thieves for not advertising it in the first place. their mistake, they allowed this to happen.

Which is why they were fixing their mistake by offering a refund to those who deserved it. Are you really that thick? Seriously? No one has a problem with people getting the refund who deserved it. It's that people are taking advantage of this gesture of good will.

If you play on an SDTV and if you wouldn't have bought the game if you knew you couldn't play splitscreen, THAT is the only group of people who the refund applies to.

It doesn't apply to everyone with an SDTV, and it certainly doesn't apply to anyone with an HDTV.

Get over yourself and think about what is right.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#26daveliciousPosted 5/23/2012 10:55:55 AM
HellSpirit posted...

Get some ****ing morals. This world is going to **** and you dudes are part of the cause.

Dirty lying thieves... even though they are bucking up and refunding the people who legitimately got screwed by this? AND letting those people still keep the game?

The only dirty lying thieves are the people lying about what kind of TV they have to get their money back just to steal 20 bucks.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#27ElectrologyPosted 5/23/2012 11:00:33 AM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
Electrology posted...

Which is why they were fixing their mistake by offering a refund to those who deserved it. Are you really that thick? Seriously? No one has a problem with people getting the refund who deserved it. It's that people are taking advantage of this gesture of good will.

If you play on an SDTV and if you wouldn't have bought the game if you knew you couldn't play splitscreen, THAT is the only group of people who the refund applies to.

It doesn't apply to everyone with an SDTV, and it certainly doesn't apply to anyone with an HDTV.

Get over yourself and think about what is right.

only after people kicked up a fuss, they didnt even want to issue refunds in the first place!
http://kotaku.com/5909259/some-misled-xbox-minecraft-buyers-cant-get-refunds
here you are, in black and white, microsoft MISLED customers, and then refused to refund them until it got covered on gaming blogs and they came under pressure to do so. im sorry but i have very limited sympathy for a company that cant admit its wrong when it so blatantly is.
#28Akiba69Posted 5/23/2012 11:08:17 AM
the person that i spoke to said that the game MAY get removed.
#29DXLR8RPosted 5/23/2012 1:55:15 PM
Electrology posted...
HellSpirit posted...

Dirty lying thieves because they forgot/didn't know about the split-screen issue and didn't list that it was needed? Did you really think that they'd sit and think, "Let's rob people blind by not mentioning this", even though it's not a common thing?

Do you know the meaning of hyperbole?

Not to mention the fact that their giving full refunds without wiping the game from your 360 and allowing you to keep playing? Who else do you know that gives refunds and lets you keep the product?

Anyways, I wouldn't see myself doing this if I had actually paid for my Minecraft, as I won my copy off Twitter, unless I actually played on an SDTV.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#30Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/23/2012 2:25:31 PM
Electrology posted...
only after people kicked up a fuss, they didnt even want to issue refunds in the first place!
http://kotaku.com/5909259/some-misled-xbox-minecraft-buyers-cant-get-refunds
here you are, in black and white, microsoft MISLED customers, and then refused to refund them until it got covered on gaming blogs and they came under pressure to do so. im sorry but i have very limited sympathy for a company that cant admit its wrong when it so blatantly is.

Do I really have to explain this? Kotaku should have known better. In the article they refer to Microsoft as "they" (I'm referring to the quote from the guy who tried to get a refund). Clearly at this stage "they" was a customer service rep. Everyone knows they are laughable and have no clue about anything Xbox related except what is on their Q&A Script sitting next to them.

It's obvious that as soon as Microsoft executives caught wind of this, they released a press release and started giving refunds. It's not like Customer Service Reps can make that decision. They have to be told to do so.

Notch didn't know about the HD requirement, and my guess is that Microsoft didn't either. It was an oops on the part of 4J most likely and Microsoft is making good on that. End of story.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?