Did anyone try to get a refund even if you have a HDTV?

#221Relient_DPosted 6/4/2012 1:46:45 PM
Seven_Zombis posted...
Let them keep playing, Some people don't know when to stop when something is too good to be true.

I am going to laugh SO freaking hard when they start swinging the ban-hammer which WILL happen, just a matter of time now folks.

What I think is funny is how the majority of people who have taken advantage of this refund, or the ones defend these people have their gamertags not listed...
Funny how that works, like they KNOW they are on the brink of getting banned, same reason most of these people don't join the community servers pages/topics.
No one in a decent minecraft community would willingly choose these people as partners to play and build with.

Have fun playing single player!!!

Something you said just inspired me.

We should make a topic asking all the people who think MS will not ban them for basically stealing this game to please post their gamertags. We report, and see how many will get banned. It seems like a lot of the argument here is whether MS does or does not have a problem with people playing after they got a refund, and this seems like a surefire way to find out.

I think more deplorable things have been done by people, for sure, but that doesn't make theft and dishonesty good practice. Whether you think MS deserves it, or think it doesn't matter because they're making tons of money anyway... If you like the game well enough to want to play it, it seems counterproductive to bite the hand that feeds you. As a whole, this community is showing 4J/MS that quite a few people are willing to screw others... To me, that doesn't bode well for future content.

And to the people talking about "morality police": yes, some people have gone overboard in tirading against this. But at the end of the day, it isn't right, and there isn't any denying or justifying that. I'm not gonna burn someone's house down over it, but it does suck. That's all.
#222ElectrologyPosted 6/4/2012 2:55:13 PM
@drunklastknight

no they havent? anyone who has said so has lied or been misinformed. as i said, if they didnt want people to play, they'd revoke the license. it's well within their capabilities to do so, it's not like they cant do it.

and my source is the rep that gave me my refund.
#223DarkSamurai2004Posted 6/4/2012 3:18:43 PM
If they wanted people to play they wouldn't specifically say "Don't Play or you'll be banned". More people have come forward and said "MS said not to" than "MS said it's okay". I imagine the bans will be included in the bug fix, a tag that says this Gamertag got a refund and committed Marketplace Theft. Because you have to give them your Gamertag to get the points, or else they wouldn't be able to give it to you.

Bear in mind this is entirely unprecedented. Microsoft has NEVER issued a refund for Marketplace Content, it has been in their warnings that one wouldn't be issued as long as Live has existed. And they wouldn't have issued one at all if it hadn't made the news.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the foresight to create a way to delete game licenses, because they never planned/expected to need to remove them. They go out of their way to make it clear that once they have the money it is theirs for good, and nothing will get you a refund thus meaning nothing would ever happen that would require the need to remove a license. Until now, any way.
---
Work-In-Progress old school RPG on X360&PS3, check it out and like/share please so it can be noticed and made!
www.facebook.com/ShadeHandofFate
#224DrunkLastKnightPosted 6/4/2012 6:44:35 PM(edited)
DarkSamurai2004 posted...
If they wanted people to play they wouldn't specifically say "Don't Play or you'll be banned". More people have come forward and said "MS said not to" than "MS said it's okay". I imagine the bans will be included in the bug fix, a tag that says this Gamertag got a refund and committed Marketplace Theft. Because you have to give them your Gamertag to get the points, or else they wouldn't be able to give it to you.

Bear in mind this is entirely unprecedented. Microsoft has NEVER issued a refund for Marketplace Content, it has been in their warnings that one wouldn't be issued as long as Live has existed. And they wouldn't have issued one at all if it hadn't made the news.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the foresight to create a way to delete game licenses, because they never planned/expected to need to remove them. They go out of their way to make it clear that once they have the money it is theirs for good, and nothing will get you a refund thus meaning nothing would ever happen that would require the need to remove a license. Until now, any way.

They have in the past but you have to prove without a doubt that the content doesnt work. And people at that time get advised not to try to get the content again without paying as they will get banned for marketplace theft. This has been done very sparingly and is not a common MS practice. They have done a ban wave in the past for such offense.

Electrology posted...
@drunklastknight

no they havent? anyone who has said so has lied or been misinformed. as i said, if they didnt want people to play, they'd revoke the license. it's well within their capabilities to do so, it's not like they cant do it.

and my source is the rep that gave me my refund.

2:1 I bet you your rep is misinformed. Dont worry that happens in CS. I used to work CS for several companies and I saw quite a bit how agent will tell customers the wrong info. I would not count that defense saving your account from perma ban. It may but I think common sense would trump the defense of being told you can continue playing it.

---
Pearl FC - 101011000000 1011001111000 1011101100000 or AC0 1678 1760
Like a boss!
#225ElectrologyPosted 6/6/2012 4:04:12 PM

they have given refunds in not so exceptional circumstances. if you have a good enough excuse you can get one for anything.
#226Seven_ZombisPosted 6/6/2012 4:07:48 PM
Electrology posted...

they have given refunds in not so exceptional circumstances. if you have a good enough excuse you can get one for anything.

Wow, Night of the Living Dead topic
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#227VanillaVillaPosted 6/7/2012 3:25:30 AM
Can i still get my refund?
---
PSN: SoulWithin
XBL GT: ii H dot B ii
#228ElectrologyPosted 6/7/2012 4:05:14 AM
Seven_Zombis posted...
Electrology posted...

Wow, Night of the Living Dead topic

Ok, I speak from experience. I got a refund by saying I accidentily pressed the wrong button, trust me, it isn't THAT hard, it just depends who you speak to.
#229horrerPosted 6/7/2012 4:20:27 AM
Why not go buy an hdtv you can find them pretty cheap now... I'm sure Ill see I cant afford it coming and my response to that is if you cant afford it why are you spending money on xbox, xbox live, games, and dlcs if you cant.
---
XBL: Horrer X
#230EmveeZPosted 6/7/2012 11:02:14 AM
why would you do this to an indie game.....
---
http://didthebobcatswinlastnight.com/