Awesome Seeds

#11GeistPosted 5/24/2012 4:27:22 PM
I'm loving 404 my self.
---
What, me worry?
#12Grammaton485Posted 5/24/2012 4:40:07 PM
I used Artomix with the pretense I would get a single, smallish sized with a ton of trees on a mountainous terrain, which I intended to make a treehouse on.

What I got was a big, flat crescent moon the size of the entire map with sparsely populated trees. wtf?
#13TBD2009Posted 5/24/2012 10:20:52 PM
I've tried a few of the different seeds (I LOVE "worstseedever"), but I always fall back to the Tutorial map... just today, I found two Mob Spawners (one, the typical Zombie spawner, the other a Skeleton spawner), in the "abandoned village" next to the busted shack. And so much gold, diamonds, Lapis, Red Stone, and Iron, I'm not going to run out of materials for a week. I don't know that the Tutorial map will always spawn the same chunks, for everyone that uses it... but my version is freaking awesome. Love it.
#14d_rugPosted 5/25/2012 12:15:08 AM
888 is pretty cool. You start near a dungeon and there is water going through the lower parts of the map. To the north are some awesome mountains, the fist of which is like a volcano in that it is somewhat cone shaped and there is a big, deep shaft near the top.
#15mistamavePosted 5/25/2012 2:45:45 AM
TBD2009 posted...
I've tried a few of the different seeds (I LOVE "worstseedever"), but I always fall back to the Tutorial map... just today, I found two Mob Spawners (one, the typical Zombie spawner, the other a Skeleton spawner), in the "abandoned village" next to the busted shack. And so much gold, diamonds, Lapis, Red Stone, and Iron, I'm not going to run out of materials for a week. I don't know that the Tutorial map will always spawn the same chunks, for everyone that uses it... but my version is freaking awesome. Love it.

If you're talking about the village near the water and rail track, then there is also a monster spawner under the nearest house of the other village (to the east of the start location) and another monster spawner in some massive caverns to the south of there.
I like the tutorial map, I've nearly stolen the entire minecraft sign in the sky.

---
I am fully aware that the bird is indeed, the word
#16ZainMcAllisterPosted 5/25/2012 3:56:29 AM
I tried the seed Big Sky. It seems to be a bunch of giant islands with several different biomes. It has a little bit of everything, mountains that go above the clouds, some pretty deep caverns. I haven't done much mining so I couldn't tell you about resources, and I'm not sure about dungeons either. I did manage to get myself very lost, and can't seem to find my house, so all in all I think it is an awesome seed.
#17TBD2009Posted 5/25/2012 6:42:09 AM
mistamave posted...
TBD2009 posted...

If you're talking about the village near the water and rail track, then there is also a monster spawner under the nearest house of the other village (to the east of the start location) and another monster spawner in some massive caverns to the south of there.
I like the tutorial map, I've nearly stolen the entire minecraft sign in the sky.

I was indeed talking about the village near the water. I learned long ago, if something looks "wrong", investigate it... and that fit for the little "mine" next to the lever-door house, along the same side of the village as the open lava "pit". There was one Gravel Block, that just screamed "dig straight down until you hit Bedrock, there's SOMETHING down here!". Branch mined towards the North and ended up finding spawners.

Where abouts in the second village (with the house that has a "fireplace" and a Wheat farm) did you start digging, to find the other two Mob Spawners, and what mobs did they spawn? My two were Skeleton, and Zombie... the Skeleton spawner, my buddy built me an amazing water grinder to let me collect Bones for a side project I'm working on.

And one of the first things I did, with the Tutorial Map, was to completely harvest the Light Gray, and Black wool from that Minecraft logo. NOTHING floats in my world, unless I put it there!
#18David_Mills7Posted 5/25/2012 6:48:09 AM
My kids suggested "dragon" (all lower case). Tried it out. Very nice seed. It has very little water. A good mix of snow and sand on one half. The other half has a lot of tall mountains and a ton of trees. Additionally it has many caverns that are very close to the surface.

I only played on it for a couple hours, but so far it's my favorite.
#19mistamavePosted 5/25/2012 2:39:12 PM
I was indeed talking about the village near the water. I learned long ago, if something looks "wrong", investigate it... and that fit for the little "mine" next to the lever-door house, along the same side of the village as the open lava "pit". There was one Gravel Block, that just screamed "dig straight down until you hit Bedrock, there's SOMETHING down here!". Branch mined towards the North and ended up finding spawners.

Where abouts in the second village (with the house that has a "fireplace" and a Wheat farm) did you start digging, to find the other two Mob Spawners, and what mobs did they spawn? My two were Skeleton, and Zombie... the Skeleton spawner, my buddy built me an amazing water grinder to let me collect Bones for a side project I'm working on.

And one of the first things I did, with the Tutorial Map, was to completely harvest the Light Gray, and Black wool from that Minecraft logo. NOTHING floats in my world, unless I put it there!

The house I mean is what I think is the nearest house to the tutorial pit of the two that a next to the hill (I'm not on MC atm)
Imagine you had finished that hut in the tutorial and made the front door face the nearest water. Turn right out of the front door and get up and out of the tutorial pit, turn right and follow around the hill.
I set about stripping the house for planks and took the floor too. I could hear a mob nearby and investigated the gravel/dirt under the floor boards, there is a cavern heading back towards the tutorial area. Zombies in there.

The other place is a fair bit south out of the village ( apparently clouds drift west ).
I can't really give a good description of where it is. I built a large tower so I can spot from a distance. It was a small cave that didn't need much work to get into massive ajoining caverns.
But I know I left that same (second) village through the wheat field with the barn(?) on my right and walked for quite a while. I usually find wolves hanging around the entrance when I leave. Zombies and skeletons in that one.

---
I am fully aware that the bird is indeed, the word
#20HeWentToJaredPosted 5/25/2012 2:42:06 PM
texas

there's an ocean, then a low lying plains area with small trees, a huge cliff with a forest biome on top, then I found out that cliff was actually a ridge with a snow biome on the other side. And that ridge has a huge cave system in it with lava everywhere and waterfalls and it's crazy...
---
The Galleria of Foolery