How to get the minecarts to actually go?

#1salmonkiller420Posted 5/25/2012 6:38:10 PM
So I have 500 meters of rail laid with a powerrail and a redstone torch every 25 rails. The first 7 rails are powered rails. I place the minecart, get in and nothing happens. I just sit there. I do have a redstone torch at the beginning of the track. If I jump out of the cart the friggin cart takes off and I can barely catch it. So how the hell do I actually get going? What would even be the point of having regular rails if you need powered ones to move?
---
Genitalia abuse and frequent vomiting are popular favorites
#2Mander1861Posted 5/25/2012 6:38:59 PM
Just hit left trigger again as its taking off and off you go.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#3salmonkiller420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 6:41:13 PM
Damn is that really it? I accidentally skipped the tutorial for mincarts when it popped up. And the " Micecraft xbox edition" wiki is worthless for the actual xbox
---
#4Mander1861Posted 5/25/2012 6:42:38 PM
salmonkiller420 posted...
Damn is that really it? I accidentally skipped the tutorial for mincarts when it popped up. And the " Micecraft xbox edition" wiki is worthless for the actual xbox

There might be a better way but I had the same thing.
Put it down it goes nowhere.
Pick it up and put it down while your moving and then hit left trigger and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#5That_kid_personPosted 5/25/2012 6:42:59 PM
Powered rails will only get the cart going/ Moving faster if the cart is already in motion, or if it is stopped, and there is only one direction for it to go.

I generally start and end my tracks with a power rail against a wall that is connected to a button, and space out the power rails about twenty track lengths apart.
---
Is it simple enough for you? Does everybody understand me? Are you all still following me?
#6Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/25/2012 6:46:58 PM
Yeah, what That Kid Person said.

You could even do PPPPPPPRPB (P = powered, R = Rail, B = Block). Have the long string of them in an always-on position using a redstone torch and have the one rail next to the block toggle-able with a button on a wall next to it.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#7salmonkiller420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 6:47:28 PM
Thanks peeps. Muchly aprciated
---
#8salmonkiller420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 6:54:26 PM
Chuck you are on almost every message for this board, I dont doubt your expertise, and ypu have helped me before, which s greatly appreciated,but how in the hell do you know so much already?
---
#9Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/25/2012 6:56:11 PM
Haha. Been playing Minecraft on the PC version since September 2010. Other guys who come to this board from the PC board who help out a lot are Gastroid and Marbiaach, keep an eye out for their posts too.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#10salmonkiller420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 7:03:40 PM
I most certainly will!! And thanks again.
---