How to get the minecarts to actually go?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. How to get the minecarts to actually go?
4 years ago#1
So I have 500 meters of rail laid with a powerrail and a redstone torch every 25 rails. The first 7 rails are powered rails. I place the minecart, get in and nothing happens. I just sit there. I do have a redstone torch at the beginning of the track. If I jump out of the cart the friggin cart takes off and I can barely catch it. So how the hell do I actually get going? What would even be the point of having regular rails if you need powered ones to move?
Genitalia abuse and frequent vomiting are popular favorites
4 years ago#2
Just hit left trigger again as its taking off and off you go.
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
4 years ago#3
Damn is that really it? I accidentally skipped the tutorial for mincarts when it popped up. And the " Micecraft xbox edition" wiki is worthless for the actual xbox
4 years ago#4
salmonkiller420 posted...
Damn is that really it? I accidentally skipped the tutorial for mincarts when it popped up. And the " Micecraft xbox edition" wiki is worthless for the actual xbox

There might be a better way but I had the same thing.
Put it down it goes nowhere.
Pick it up and put it down while your moving and then hit left trigger and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
4 years ago#5
Powered rails will only get the cart going/ Moving faster if the cart is already in motion, or if it is stopped, and there is only one direction for it to go.

I generally start and end my tracks with a power rail against a wall that is connected to a button, and space out the power rails about twenty track lengths apart.
Is it simple enough for you? Does everybody understand me? Are you all still following me?
4 years ago#6
Yeah, what That Kid Person said.

You could even do PPPPPPPRPB (P = powered, R = Rail, B = Block). Have the long string of them in an always-on position using a redstone torch and have the one rail next to the block toggle-able with a button on a wall next to it.
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
4 years ago#7
Thanks peeps. Muchly aprciated
4 years ago#8
Chuck you are on almost every message for this board, I dont doubt your expertise, and ypu have helped me before, which s greatly appreciated,but how in the hell do you know so much already?
4 years ago#9
Haha. Been playing Minecraft on the PC version since September 2010. Other guys who come to this board from the PC board who help out a lot are Gastroid and Marbiaach, keep an eye out for their posts too.
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
4 years ago#10
I most certainly will!! And thanks again.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. How to get the minecarts to actually go?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived