Tips on finding clay please

#1imran_666Posted 5/30/2012 7:50:20 AM
Hi,

I've got a random generated world could anyone give me tips on finding some clay please, I would like to make a brick house.

Thank you.
#2TBD2009Posted 5/30/2012 8:11:25 AM
Clay is extremely rare in this version, so you might not have it at all. However, here are some tips.

1) Clay ONLY forms with Sand (usually with that sand by/surrounded by water).
2) Clay can only be found along the diagonal line that splits the map from the NORTH-WEST corner, to the SOUTH-EAST corner. So look along that line for any sand, and pray.
3) Clay rarely will be found deeper than three layers, so if you start hitting Sandstone or Cobblestone, you won't find Clay there.
4) In the few seeds people found sand, it was usually on the SURFACE, at the same level as the water.
5) Clay looks like grayish Sand, so look for that.
6) The Tutorial seed has clay at the North-western most sandbar, so you can use it to help you learn how to distinguish Clay from other blocks, and see how deep to dig. It's right at the surface.
#3imran_666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 8:18:53 AM
Thanks, I'll. Go clay hunting tonight with the tips :)
#4BigTee66Posted 5/31/2012 12:26:32 PM
Its easy to find clay in swamps
---
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/write.ign.com/50304/2011/05/Crash-Man.gif
"I'am the destroyer!" - Crashman
#5TBD2009Posted 5/31/2012 12:36:21 PM
BigTee66 posted...
Its easy to find clay in swamps

We don't have "swamps" in Beta 1.6.6, which is where the Xbox 360 is at, version wise. The only way to find sand, is as stated up above.

Although, after the Title Update, Clay will be able to spawn anywhere you can find sand around Layer 62 (Ocean Level), including inside of cliff faces. And after Swamps are added, it can be spotted in circular patches in swamps, and rivers. At that point, it's so common, you could build a Brick house, without having to worry about running out of materials.
#6d_rugPosted 6/1/2012 8:35:18 PM(edited)
The easiest way to get clay is to use a seed that you know has clay and where it is, then just dupe it. Not even cheating if you ask me, it's using one bug to fix another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JmR47Gruo

You're welcome.
#7imran_666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 1:47:48 AM
Update:

Hey guys I've been looking for clay on my random generated world now for days, is it possible that my world can have none? I've used the tips above with no luck.

Anyone a master clay hunter like to try and track some down with me?

My gamertag is oO equalizer 0o (3rd 0 is a zero)

Will be online later on today, I'm in the uk.
#8imran_666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 2:32:33 AM
Got my own gamertag wrong dam, last 0 is a zero my bad
#9DeadLock25Posted 6/2/2012 5:09:50 AM
To clarify further on what was posted, clay does in fact spawn near sand along the line stretching from the north west to the south east ends of the world. This is where the x and z axis have equal values allowing clay to spawn. However on the in game map, this line stretches from the bottom left of your map to the top right. (not top left to bottom right as you might have though) The coordinates are a bit confusing when looking at the map. North isnt "up" but rather to the "right" on your in game map. Therefore you should search from from the bottom left of your map to the top right corner, along the line connecting those two points.

I wasn't sure if you knew this but it wasn't made clear and some people might not be aware of which way is truly north. (North is the direction towards which the clouds move.)
#10CrazyMammothPosted 6/2/2012 5:22:20 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
To clarify further on what was posted, clay does in fact spawn near sand along the line stretching from the north west to the south east ends of the world. This is where the x and z axis have equal values allowing clay to spawn. However on the in game map, this line stretches from the bottom left of your map to the top right. (not top left to bottom right as you might have though) The coordinates are a bit confusing when looking at the map. North isnt "up" but rather to the "right" on your in game map. Therefore you should search from from the bottom left of your map to the top right corner, along the line connecting those two points.

I wasn't sure if you knew this but it wasn't made clear and some people might not be aware of which way is truly north. (North is the direction towards which the clouds move.)

wth was that *points up* you sir are dead wrong

its along the X and Z axis, in video games Y is up to the sky its not north

the XZ diagonal axis is indeed from the NW to the SE in other words the Top Left to the Bottom Right

this is proven by Map seed: booger where clay spawns in the SE corner or bottom right of the map

you DeadLock25 need to stop talking about stuff you clearly are not educated in,
to further prove my point i give you is link clearly showing how the Axis in Minecraft work

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Coordinates

now go educate your self and stop trying to confuse people
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: CrazyMammoth1