I believe I found a glitch in the dupe glitch.

#1mst3kfan78Posted 5/31/2012 5:48:36 AM
So I was using the dupe glitch to get a ton of obsidian for my indestructible vault when I uncovered this. I will now repeat exactly what I did to show how I did it because I'm not sure if this is the only way to do it. I repeated the process a second time just to make sure it worked before posting. Here we go.

So I did the glitch, using the dispenser, having second character destroy it, get the item and dropping each item one at a time and had just filled up the last spot in the chest I was putting it in. This left me with a brand new stack of 64 in my hand. I then went ahead and did a "drop all" into my inventory (note: not my hot bar, just an empty spot in my inventory) and there it stayed. I then walked down to where I was putting my vault and opened my inventory. Now I will say that at the time I did this my hot bar was completely full, no open spaces. I clicked on the full stack of obsidian and moved it over a full stack of cobblestone I had in my hot bar. I then hit "A" to have them switch spots and they did. I then went about placing my obsidian like normal. Then as I was placing the last block in that stack, the block did not make a sound and the stack in my hot bar was suddenly at a number of 244. I went ahead and placed all of these and it did the same thing over and over again giving my an unlimited amount of obsidian blocks to work with at that time, which I used to my advantage by building an awesome dark tower right next to my house.

Now here is a slight catch. Whenever I opened my inventory, it showed a smaller number on that stack than what it showed up as in my hot bar. Don't know why. When I tried to move that block it would stay in that same place but duplicate another stack in the space I tried to place it in my inventory. Basically it became a permanently glitched stack. The only way I was able to actually get rid of it was by "destroying" the block by dropping it out of my inventory into a cactus (this is also an awesome way of getting rid of unwanted dirt and stone if you didn't know). Now I did try this glitch again a second time on blocks of Lapis and it worked just like it did before. I did not get a chance to play around with the glitch and see if there were other ways for it to work or if there are unforeseen circumstances to using the glitch (ex: game freezes, glitched inventory, etc.).

In summation (I really do apologize for the wall of text but I wanted to be thorough), here is a way to glitch your way to an easy creative mode. Now if this was already known I'm sorry I wasted your time. If you are a dev for the game, you can use this post to show how you can get rid of the glitch in an upcoming update (see, I'm helping). Thanks for letting my prattle on.
---
You should place your genitals between your toilet and the seat and then just slam the seat up and down repeatedly.
#2largarPosted 5/31/2012 6:08:22 AM
Coolman. This happened to me, stack jumped to 244 but I couldn't figure out how to recreate it. Thanks.

#3SonialsPosted 5/31/2012 6:14:09 AM
If you simply split the stack until it resets to 64 in your regular inventory (creating 1 duped stack) and then move it to your Hot Bar with A it becomes an infinite stack. It should start at 192, count down to 0 and reset to 255.

This is a bit glitchy, sometimes these stacks will disappear randomly etc... But, they can be passed from player to player by dropping them back and forth to one another.

Also, it seems if you have too many of them (i.e. a whole hot bar full), they will not remain infinite.

All in all, you're better off taking a whole session or two to dupe at least 9 stacks (1 row) of all of the less common materials, and full chests of stones/woods/slabs and you have yourself a bit of a creative mode.
---
CrazyUkraine
#44JSteve(VIP)Posted 5/31/2012 6:23:13 AM
This will be fixed with the upcoming Big fix Title Update.
---
Twitter -
@4JSteve @4JStudios
#5IshiSotoPosted 5/31/2012 6:34:36 AM
4JSteve posted...

You have any fuzzy idea when it'll be? And is it just just a patch for everything or is it a version upgrade? If it's a version upgrade, which version are we getting?
Also, please do not introduce survival mode to the 360. I like just having health and being able to play on hard. TIA Steve.
---
Gamertag: A Few Moose
#6overkill_78Posted 5/31/2012 6:46:01 AM
4JSteve posted...

You have any fuzzy idea when it'll be? And is it just just a patch for everything or is it a version upgrade? If it's a version upgrade, which version are we getting?
Also, please do not introduce survival mode to the 360. I like just having health and being able to play on hard. TIA Steve.

The patch he's talking about is just that; bug fixes and things of that nature. It's supposed to be out in a few weeks I've heard, Steve may be able to tell you more, probably not.

When we get the next update, we will be updating to the equivalent of 1.7.3 Beta on PC, which is one before the Adventure update. Chances are we will be getting the Adventure update, as it's a fairly large part of the game.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#7SonialsPosted 5/31/2012 7:20:47 AM
4JSteve posted...

For the record, I think it's awesome you are here posting.

That being said, has the bug fix been submitted to Microsoft?

And, will there be any sort of action taken against players using the exploit? Not sure if you guys are capable of that from your end or not. Finally, is it/will it be possible to remove the TU and play offline while still using the glitch?

I ask because some friends who play with me on Xbox are working on some large projects/pixel art and are not able to play with me on PC. I would like to see them finish, but without Creative mode this will be impossible.
---
CrazyUkraine
#8VividAxisPosted 5/31/2012 9:39:27 AM

Please hear me. I will not update my game and I will be forced to play offline without friends, which will lead me back to the PC as soon as I can convert my save.

Why can we not toggle infinite items, enemies, and drops? Forcing us to be in either Creative mode OR Survival really limits how we can have fun. This game is about creativity. Let us play however we want to play.
#9IshiSotoPosted 5/31/2012 9:47:08 AM
overkill_78 posted...
4JSteve posted...

The patch he's talking about is just that; bug fixes and things of that nature. It's supposed to be out in a few weeks I've heard, Steve may be able to tell you more, probably not.

When we get the next update, we will be updating to the equivalent of 1.7.3 Beta on PC, which is one before the Adventure update. Chances are we will be getting the Adventure update, as it's a fairly large part of the game.

Having to constantly have food just killed it for me on PC. I spent more time looking for pigs than I did mining and building. I actually stopped playing because of it. At least give us the option to enable or disable the need to eat.
---
Gamertag: A Few Moose
#10VividAxisPosted 5/31/2012 9:50:40 AM
Having to constantly have food just killed it for me on PC.

You can play in Survival and set it to Peaceful to disable hunger whenever you want.