trying to build rail system...

#1premiumdiapersPosted 5/31/2012 7:48:00 AM
trying to bulld a rail system, but i am having a hard time finding enough gold to make powered rails to place every 8 rails. is there an easier way to make a powered railway?
---
XBL gamertag: Blind game god1 (friend me)
#2TBD2009Posted 5/31/2012 7:50:26 AM
You shouldn't NEED to place a Powered Rail every eight rails, unless you are trying to go up/down an incline. The best method is to use ONE Powered Rail, every TWENTY standard rails. This will allow you to keep momentum with you IN the Minecart. But, this only works on flat stretches of land. If you are working on an incline, you will need to place Powered Rails more frequently.
#3premiumdiapers(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 8:06:03 AM
thanks
---
XBL gamertag: Blind game god1 (friend me)
#4TuohPosted 5/31/2012 8:09:53 AM
i know finding a lot of gold is tedious, so i would recommend the dupe glitch if you get frustrated. it will give you all the rail you need.
---
PS3 Username: WafflesUniversal
hit me up some time.
#5X_Sk8r4life_XPosted 5/31/2012 8:11:10 AM
ya man i would just dupe some rails if i were you. but i know some people like to grind for materials and all that.
---
Gamertag: Archetect
MPH: 1206-1102-6402 (Architect)
#6TuohPosted 5/31/2012 8:31:37 AM
thats true, some people don't like duping. they think it's cheating, which technically it is lol. but assuming you want to grind...

it's about 500 meters (enough for the achievement) to get from the middle of the map to the other side, i believe. assuming the above post of one powered rail per 20 tracks, that's about 5 per hundred meters, and 25 for the whole way. i believe 4 powered rails is equivalent to 6 gold ingots, so thats atleast 42 gold ingots for the powered rails alone.
and then there's the 178 iron ingots required.

have fun. ^_^
---
PS3 Username: WafflesUniversal
hit me up some time.
#7tectactoePosted 5/31/2012 8:34:05 AM
If you're worried about duping gold ingots because you feel it will ruin the appeal of finding gold when mining on your own, you could always just make a powered rail and dupe that.
---
Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
#8OleDirtyDPosted 5/31/2012 8:35:55 AM
as long as your on flat land, it will work every 30 blocks. so place your power rail, lay 30 regular rails and then another powered rail. least thats what we did the first week and there have been no updates so it should still work. that should put u right at 20 power rails
#93CDEDPosted 5/31/2012 8:38:18 AM
with my rail system i have the carts running back and forth perpetually but it needs a powered rail for every 6 normal rails

i also need to build glass (i could use stone but glass lets light in) enclosure around the open areas to stop cows and pigs getting on the tracks and stopping the carts
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://jdmcars.info/cars/toyota_chaser_jzx100.jpg http://benisawesome.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dgb.gif
#10OleDirtyDPosted 5/31/2012 8:46:40 AM
3CDED posted...
with my rail system i have the carts running back and forth perpetually but it needs a powered rail for every 6 normal rails

i also need to build glass (i could use stone but glass lets light in) enclosure around the open areas to stop cows and pigs getting on the tracks and stopping the carts

i incased my skybridge(max height, about 100 blocks from max length) in glass and glowstone, i think its my minecraft pride and joy