How do I make a portal to the Netherworld?

#1Ramner84Posted 6/2/2012 12:10:45 PM
I was wondering how I was to go about making a portal to get to the netherworld?
#2Brandon_231Posted 6/2/2012 12:16:50 PM
1.you need a diamond pickaxe
2.use it to get 10 obsidian blocks (the purple blocks made from water and lava)
#3Devin_ChingyPosted 6/2/2012 12:17:14 PM
Get 10 or 14 blocks of Obsidian (I found it by mixing water with lava) and building a portal 5 blocks high and 4 blocks wide (corners optional) and use a flint and steel to create the portal.

Use this site for Minecraft stuff.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
---
F3nerd51- "Really. You can only make water so good before it ascends and becomes UBER LEET JESUS WATER."
#4Static870Posted 6/2/2012 12:18:08 PM
Get at least ten pieces of obsidian and make a portal with the center being two wide and three high. Take a flint and steel and light the inside on fire and viola!
---
http://www.last.fm/user/jebraymer
Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople.
#5Brandon_231Posted 6/2/2012 12:19:10 PM
i can help you if you want
gamertag:CrumblingBark8
#6Aadrian1234Posted 6/2/2012 1:21:46 PM
You need at least 8 obsidian blocks by making water contact a lava block that isn't moving, then mine the obsidian with a diamond pickaxe, or the obsidian block will not drop anything if you dont use a diamond pickaxe. Then place the obsidian like this

a a a or a a
a a a a
a a a a
a a a a a

Then light the bottom obsidian block with a flint-and-steel, and hop in the portal. Good luck, hope this helped!

Dammit, gamefaq's eliminates spaces between letters, so I can't show a diagram. It's 3 blocks long, and 4 blocks high. If you want to save some obsidian, you don't have to place an obsidian block for the corners. If I'm wrong on anything, please tell me and I'll fix it
---
PSN-Aadrianseth
3DS FC: 0817-4248-5560 PM me so I can add your FC. Warning: I start posting some weird stuff when I'm bored. You have been warned
#7Deathx113Posted 6/2/2012 1:43:39 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...
You need at least 8 obsidian blocks by making water contact a lava block that isn't moving, then mine the obsidian with a diamond pickaxe, or the obsidian block will not drop anything if you dont use a diamond pickaxe. Then place the obsidian like this

a a a or a a
a a a a
a a a a
a a a a a

Then light the bottom obsidian block with a flint-and-steel, and hop in the portal. Good luck, hope this helped!

Dammit, gamefaq's eliminates spaces between letters, so I can't show a diagram. It's 3 blocks long, and 4 blocks high. If you want to save some obsidian, you don't have to place an obsidian block for the corners. If I'm wrong on anything, please tell me and I'll fix it

Lol when I quote you the spaces show back up. xD Gamefaqs bs as always.

Anyway, the diagram without the spaces is what my netherworld portal looked like >_> God... so many hours of rearranging.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113