Why go to the nether?

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
Besides the fairly useful netherrack, and maybe some soul sand, what is there in the nether that is worth dealing with the flying squid monsters shooting fire at you?
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
3 years ago#2
Later there are going to be a lot more useful things in the Nether that aren't in the 360 version yet. Google for a list of what isn't in the 360 version.
3 years ago#3
To me, glowstone is invaluable :3
"My god, what have we done?" -Words entered into the Enola Gay flight log after the explosion decimated Hiroshima
3 years ago#4
Easy and guaranteed lava source
I've grown enough crops in this field to feed my wife for a week. I wont let you take it away from me.
3 years ago#5
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
3 years ago#6
Outside lava? Nothing really. It's too risky to venture out, might get lost or get killed, losing all your junk. Nether brick and glowstone blocks are sometimes worth it.
3 years ago#7
When you feel like getting into fights easily instead of trying to find a dungeon. Or go into there with a few friends and try to kill ghast's or those flame monsters that I cannot remember their names that spawn in fortresses (y u no work, brain?), which aren't in beta 1.6. Just the adrenaline of being chased down by a ghast is awesome, especially with friends. I think it's that knowing that you could die at any time is why I can't wait to go to the nether. I like taking risks
3DS FC: 0817-4248-5560 PM me so I can add your FC. Warning: I start posting some weird stuff when I'm bored. You have been warned
3 years ago#8
My number one reason for going into, and exploring The Nether...

Jump Gates. Build a Nether Portal in the right place, far enough away from pre-existing Nether Portals, and you can spawn Jump Gates all over your Overworld, allowing ultra-fast travel all over the world, using The Nether as Subspace.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived