Gunpowder?

#1Aleksander11774Posted 6/3/2012 9:53:05 AM
Can you get it from anywhere else than a Creeper? I play on peaceful, but want tnt for blast-mining to make things go faster.
---
You can be the Dub to my Step because I wub wub wub you!
#2Sicario001Posted 6/3/2012 10:15:45 AM
I'm quite eager to find this out as well.
---
I'm doing fishsticks you know, it is a very delicate state of mind.
XboxLive - TheDrunkITGuy
#3raith018Posted 6/3/2012 10:18:32 AM
Im pretty sure you can only get gunpowder from dungeons (places with mob spawners underground) on peaceful mode
#4overkill_78Posted 6/3/2012 10:25:22 AM
You can get it from Ghasts as well, but that doesn't help on Peaceful.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#5SlientxStatik24Posted 6/3/2012 10:26:20 AM
Yes, you can get gunpowder from chests in cave systems. While I was exploring a MASSIVE cavern system, I found two monster spawners, in close proximity to each other. My best advice I can give you, is to look for monster spawners, seal them, make sure you identify where they are and then come back later on peaceful. I usually play on normal, but for your sake, play on peaceful.
Creepers also occasionally drop gunpowder, but chests have them in much larger amounts.
#6butsizzlePosted 6/3/2012 10:52:56 AM
Quote:Yes, you can get gunpowder from chests in cave systems. While I was exploring a MASSIVE cavern system, I found two monster spawners, in close proximity to each other. My best advice I can give you, is to look for monster spawners, seal them, make sure you identify where they are and then come back later on peaceful. I usually play on normal, but for your sake, play on peaceful.
Creepers also occasionally drop gunpowder, but chests have them in much larger amounts.

@SlientxStatik24

Minecraft has random chests in dungeons? (serious question)
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#7LapanuiPosted 6/3/2012 11:03:06 AM
Just go on Easy and kill Creepers. Me and my bro were playing on Easy today just to get used to monster invasions and a sense of survival. We built a house under a cove. Built a farm in there and we are currently building a roof out of stone.

We just do what we need to do through the night, he usually mines and I usually just take down any monsters nearby or try and get flint from the gravel we have collected and make materials. I then go out during the day to take out remaining Creepers. So far we have made two TNT and I tested them out for the first time.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#8ssj3bladePosted 6/3/2012 11:07:34 AM
Make a mob grinder on Easy and then collect your sweet sweet prizes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#9unjustchimpPosted 6/3/2012 11:12:23 AM
@butsizzle, yes there are random chests in minecraft. I think they only appear in rooms with monster generators though. As far as having gunpowder in them, I have never seen it myself but I'm sure it is possible. I did find some cocoa beans in one though.
---
Ummm, note the sarcasm.
#10Aleksander11774(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 11:24:52 AM
Mob Grinder?
---
You can be the Dub to my Step because I wub wub wub you!