help with slime spawning

#1Sactown916Posted 6/3/2012 9:26:37 PM
okay while i was in my mine i turned around and saw a giant slime, i didnt know what it was at the time. So it became two little slimes killed them and got the slimeballs. Now my question is, how do i go about making a slime spawn? I read that they only spawn in certain spaces and i found one of those space.

thanks ahead
---
Gamertag: Charlie Mansonx <add me>
PSN: Warriors916
#2Sactown916(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 10:39:12 PM
Okay I'm defiantly in the right are I believe because I just got killed by two giant slimes. I just wish I knew what kinda area I need to dig out.
---
#3Doctor Vulpes FoxPosted 6/3/2012 11:08:36 PM
Dig out a square, I guess? I dug out a giant room behind a wall of my quarry near bedrock, and it's full of slimes now.
---
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."
#4Sactown916(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 11:43:56 PM
Okay ya the room I have slimes spawning is my tree branch mine. So I should just mine out the whole thing. Do I need I be down there for slimes to spawn??
---
#5VividAxisPosted 6/4/2012 12:13:01 AM
You've wasted a lot of time by not looking at the wikia. It would've been instant and you would've only had to type one word. I'm not complaining. I looked up slimes on it a few days ago and within a few minutes I knew the spawn conditions and everything else about them. Try this.
#6Sactown916(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 1:25:41 AM
Ya I read the wiki but it mostly talked about having a pc mod running and Xbox doesn't run that. Also I just wanted to hear about people who have successfully built a slime spawn on the 360 version.
---
#7TBD2009Posted 6/4/2012 12:41:24 PM
Since you've already founds Slimes (and I envy you that, since they have a 10% chance of spawning in pre-determined chunks), hollow out that area as a 60x60x6(or 7) area, and put torches on your walls (every 5 blocks) and on the floor (same conditions). This way ONLY Slimes can spawn in your hollow, and nothing else. Then you should build up a way in/out of the hollow. Slimes will only spawn when you are twenty-four blocks away, but no further than thirty-two blocks. So just go into that "butter zone" and come back into your spawn zone.

You might not need to go "full tilt" making a 60x60 room... you could even make a 10x10x7, provided you KNOW where exactly the Slimes are spawning from.
#8ManInBlack_77Posted 6/4/2012 1:01:13 PM
What do you get from slimes that you want them to spawn? I usually play on peaceful but I have run into slimes a couple times in the large room at the start of my mine when playing higher. They didn't drop anything but I've literally seen like 2 ever.

You said you got slime balls, what can you make from those? I don't remember ever seeing those in the crafting screen for anything.
---
I see them! THEIR over THEY'RE at THERE computers! The grammar police! And I've just enraged them!
#9LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 6/4/2012 1:04:33 PM
The room only needs to be three high. Just make it one above bedrock and start digging out a massive area. I say one above bedrock because they only spawn in the bottom 16 layers.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
God is like Santa Claus for adults.
#10TBD2009Posted 6/4/2012 1:24:16 PM
@MIB77 - When Pistons are added to the game in 1.7.3 Beta, you can then make "Sticky Pistons" (ideal for making memory banks and complex systems). But, you need Slime Balls for that. Finding Slimes now, allows you to stockpile all the Slime Balls you'll need, after the update.

@Lethal Pirate - From what I understand (and as stated in the Wiki) Slimes can spawn in all Layers below Layer 40 (twenty-two layers below Sea Level). However, I do agree that when making a Slime Trap, starting from Layer 5 (one above Bedrock) and hollowing out an area is a good idea. Though, it's usually really dangerous, due to the likelihood of hitting lava springs between Layers 4 and 8 in the process (as happened to me while making my Slime Trap).

And while the room only ~needs~ to be three high, I hear it betters your odds of finding Slimes, if you make the room taller than the Giant Slimes. Though, THAT is likely only a "rumor".