Bug fix update to patch duping?

#1David_mills7Posted 6/4/2012 7:38:21 AM
At first I vowed never to dupe in this game. I think it removes a lot of the fun elements from the game.

However, I decided to dupe diamond to make long lasting mine picks.

Then.... I moved to duping Dyes. Colors shouldnt affect gameplay right? yeah....

Oh... Obsidian. You take forever to mine. Dupe you... bastard....

So now I'm addicted to duping because I'm getting lazy. I've joined this group. DA. It helps, but I'd like the temptation to be gone totally.

Are they patching the dupe glitch in the next update? I'm starting to get that... itch.... again.
#24JSteve(VIP)Posted 6/4/2012 7:47:04 AM
Yes the bug fix Update will fix Duping.
---
Twitter -
@4JSteve @4JStudios
#3David_mills7(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 7:48:34 AM
Great! Thanks!
#4LoneReaper115Posted 6/4/2012 10:09:23 AM
Bummer, I don't see the point in patching something that:

1) Does the exact same thing a near future game mode does.

2) Does not affect any competition.

3) Does not hurt anyone's game except the duper.

4) Is the closest way to be creative in this game similar to the pc, until creative mode is released.

Removing it doesn't allow people to play it like the pc, which means people can't be "creative" again until 1.8.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets?
Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
#5daveliciousPosted 6/4/2012 10:27:03 AM
I think it would be cool if they created a legitimate dupe machine...

It could be a 3 piece item you have to manually configure. a receiver box to hold 1 items to be duped, and mutliple items that will be converted into what you intend to dupe (you can use any seed item to dupe any other item, but the amount of disparity between the rarity of the item being duped versus the seed item you are converting determines how much of each seed item you need for what you are duping.

You'd then have a cook box which would have to be fed by a bucket of lava, which would last for creating 64 duped items. Then a drop box where your duped items end up.

- receiver box
-3 iron
-3 redstone
-3 gold

- cook box
-4 obsidian
-4 diamonds

- drop box
-4 iron
-4 gold
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#6LouIsCool222Posted 6/4/2012 10:44:35 AM
Creative mode =/= Survival mode.

That's why. You shouldn't be able to cheat in survival unless building a specific map type and even then, it should only be a host option.

Also, duping glitch is a glitch, thus it has the risk of making game crashes and is subject to many random errors. You don't just leave an obvious glitch like this in the game, and it ruins the enjoyment for other players.

I built some thing that I thought was awesome, and some cheater just makes an all diamond block house and talks about how great it is. I know it's petty but it severely diminishes others "accomplishments" when you have a game full of no-good cheaters.

Even worse, I've been in games with friends of friends who are cheaters and no of NO OTHER WAY to efficiently get materials or do anything because they were taught to cheat before they were taught to mine.
---
Robot Hitler-Head, surprisingly, did not have a zeppelin. But he did have a zip-car.
#7Stainless_SoulPosted 6/4/2012 11:10:52 AM
LouIsCool222 posted...

Guess what? Some people want Creative mode but we don't have it, so we are doing our best with what we have.

When I turn the game on Peaceful and dupe blocks, guess what I'm trying to do? Create something!

Why do you think the majority of players are asking Creative Mode to be implemented when 4J fixes the glitch. Not because they are all trying to build castles out of diamond blocks, Maybe we just want some brick to finish what we were building.

Last I checked only pompous jerks like you were the ones trying to play Minecraft Police. I'll play the same how I want to play, you play it the way you want to.
---
And conceded pain in crumbling mirth, a harlot of God upon the Earth.
Found where she sacrificed her ways. That hollow love in her face.
#8LoneReaper115Posted 6/4/2012 11:12:07 AM
Stainless_Soul posted...
LouIsCool222 posted...

Guess what? Some people want Creative mode but we don't have it, so we are doing our best with what we have.

When I turn the game on Peaceful and dupe blocks, guess what I'm trying to do? Create something!

Why do you think the majority of players are asking Creative Mode to be implemented when 4J fixes the glitch. Not because they are all trying to build castles out of diamond blocks, Maybe we just want some brick to finish what we were building.

Last I checked only pompous jerks like you were the ones trying to play Minecraft Police. I'll play the same how I want to play, you play it the way you want to.

This.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets?
Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
#9RichardWayne82Posted 6/4/2012 11:19:53 AM
I agree with Stainless. What's it to you what I do with my game? Sometimes I like to dig and mine. But the majority of the time, I just like to build.

What I "don't" like to do.. is waste 3 hours of life mining cobblestone to then bake and use in my builds.

You wanna mine and dig and live by this stupid ethic of "well you are just cheating yourself if you dupe."

You know what? LET ME CHEAT MYSELF.. I am the one that paid for the damn game. If I am "ruining" my experience.. I will be the one that has to live with it, so..

Don't like to dupe? Then don't. But do the rest of us a favor too and stfu.
#10gunsndrosesPosted 6/4/2012 11:22:24 AM
I can't wait for them to fix it- then I won't have to worry about cheaters on my server.
---
"My god, what have we done?" -Words entered into the Enola Gay flight log after the explosion decimated Hiroshima