This "game" caters to map creators / editors.

#41phillipollPosted 6/10/2012 4:18:49 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Strategy isn't even a valid argument, there's a strategy in everything.

Yeah, sure, even brushing your teeth involves some sort of strategy. But you're overlooking the level of strategy in the game. In fact, I believe you may have said earlier that it involved no strategy. So which is it?

There's nothing special about sports, there's nothing special about the people who play them, all they are are people throwing balls back and forth trying to score points, anything beyond that is just a garbage excuse to try to make it seem like it's worth peoples time sitting on their asses for hours on end watching it.

Why do we spend time watching singers sing? They weren't smart enough to be doctors or athletic enough to play Football. So why do we watch and listen to them? All they do is sing, and get paid for it. Anyone can sing. It's called Entertainment. People like to be entertained.

Why do we spend money and time playing Video games? What makes us special? What makes the games we choose special?

Does this all matter so much that it's worth insulting the fans of a certain form of entertainment? I don't judge you for dying to catch the next episode of Glee.
---
You can't play most of this game without an expansion pak! ... I ashoom you have one?
#42duericPosted 6/10/2012 4:21:25 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Nat3d0gg7o2 posted...
You obviously don't know anything about football. Do you know how much information an NFL quarterback has to memorize, then use in about a 3-4 second window? Our Vikings own Toby Gerhart was a Pac-10-All-Academic team, and Larry Fitzgerald is well known for his intelligence. And where do you think most NFL players come from? COLLEGE! Some come from great ones like Harvard and Stanford and have degrees in engineering and medicine. So what else you got, troll?

I don't have to know anything about it to know that it's a dumb sport, and the people who obsess over it and religiously defend it when someone calls it garbage, are even dumber than the sport itself.

The only intelligence they have is "do what coach says and i'll be famous" that thought process doesn't require much intelligence.

Of course you seem to not show much intelligence yourself, else you would know that calling someone a troll is an act of trolling.

You do realize that by carrying on the way you are you are perpetuating every negative stereotype that both gamers and forum members have been labeled with.

But by all means, carry on. Somebody has to take the fall for the rest of us.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#43phillipollPosted 6/10/2012 4:21:38 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
you would know that calling someone a troll is an act of trolling.

And calling people dumb just makes you look ignorant.

But this whole insulting thing only works in one direction, doesn't it?
---
You can't play most of this game without an expansion pak! ... I ashoom you have one?
#44NovaCloud084Posted 6/10/2012 4:22:25 PM
Atreju_ posted...
I tried the demo on XBLA and honestly, I don't understand the point of this game.

It's basically a world / map editor - creator disguised as a game. There are no real objectives, no real gameplay, nothing.

I respect those who love this game but I can't believe this game sold millions, are people that enthusiastic to build stuff?

If you're not a map editor / tech guy who builds stuff on the computer, please explain how you got hooked to this game, what do you do in the game and how do you enjoy it?

We are humans we thrive on learning the unknown, trying new things, and creativity. Minecraft pushes all that and thus the game is special. You can build anything even computers (and this is a basic game and you can build this) I mean this game is so awesome.
#45Nat3d0gg7o2Posted 6/10/2012 4:47:14 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Nat3d0gg7o2 posted...
You obviously don't know anything about football. Do you know how much information an NFL quarterback has to memorize, then use in about a 3-4 second window? Our Vikings own Toby Gerhart was a Pac-10-All-Academic team, and Larry Fitzgerald is well known for his intelligence. And where do you think most NFL players come from? COLLEGE! Some come from great ones like Harvard and Stanford and have degrees in engineering and medicine. So what else you got, troll?

I don't have to know anything about it to know that it's a dumb sport, and the people who obsess over it and religiously defend it when someone calls it garbage, are even dumber than the sport itself.

The only intelligence they have is "do what coach says and i'll be famous" that thought process doesn't require much intelligence.

Of course you seem to not show much intelligence yourself, else you would know that calling someone a troll is an act of trolling.

So by your logic the people in the military must all be dumb because they follow commanders orders eh?
#46yiangaruuugaPosted 6/10/2012 6:53:01 PM
Something tells me that TC isn't very creative.

This game lets you create almost anything you want, but the challenge is to do it with blocks. Try building yourself a mansion complete with an upstairs, basement, bedrooms, garden, and farm. It's a lot of work and challenging especially because you have to gather the materials yourself. If you're too lazy to do this or not creative at all, then this game isn't for you.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#47VividAxisPosted 6/10/2012 7:09:18 PM
Why all the hate against TC for asking a question? I still want to hear a good answer to:

"If you're not a map editor / tech guy who builds stuff on the computer, please explain how you got hooked to this game, what do you do in the game and how do you enjoy it?"
#48GmanfreakPosted 6/10/2012 9:11:11 PM
Well we all know who was obviously picked last at recess now don't we? I could have taken you more seriously if you did not say that they throw a ball through a goal. A game that takes athletic ability and a mental capacity to perform in front of thousands live and millions who watch it on tv. But yeah they are just as dumb as swamp people. You fail to realize that these guys went to College right? Ryan Fitzpatrick the QB for The Bills went to Harvard. Were or Are your grades capable of getting into that school? Toby Gerhardt and Andrew Luck both went to Stanford a very High academic school. Man their is just too many to list.
Riddlebox just stop while you are far behind. You have already shown everyone on this board your ignorance. Save yourself from embarrassment.
---
GMANFREAK on XBOX Live. Not changing this until Drew McIntyre wins another title.
#49riddlebox89Posted 6/10/2012 9:37:05 PM
Just disregard everything i previously said, looking back it's all stupid anyway.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#50kniferun187Posted 6/10/2012 10:49:34 PM
Lol. Some people just dont have imagination. They get so lost and discouraged if they dont get told exactly what to do, or where to go.

This game is true open world, no rules, no guidelines. This game has unlimited objectives. You just dont get told what the objective is, think of it yourself.

Your out of wood? objective: get wood!
You need some armor? objective: kill some cows
mine some materials.
make armor.

This game is really fun. Of course some things are annoying. (mining obsidian rock for example)
---
dude... i am kniferunner...http://www.youtube.com/runningdaggers