How do I delete the update?

#1DiggerMasterPosted 6/15/2012 7:45:29 AM
Yeah, I wanna keep doing the duplicating thing...but I updated. Call me a cheater, say I'm ruining the game....but before all that, please tell me how to delete the update.
---
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-prestipino.html
#2SheeeeepyPosted 6/15/2012 7:46:53 AM
You have to have the update to go online and isn't Minecraft an online only game?
#3mst3kfan78Posted 6/15/2012 7:47:58 AM
You have to clear your xbox cache to delete it. I've done it once but forgot how I did it. Would also like to know for future use.
---
You should place your genitals between your toilet and the seat and then just slam the seat up and down repeatedly.
#4StnkyWizleTeetsPosted 6/15/2012 7:55:24 AM
If you want to play online you need the update. You can only play single player if you delete it. With that said.

Go to the settings tab on the dashboard. Select System. Then select Storage. With the HDD highlighted press the Y button for device options. Then select Clear System Cache.
#5ZOMBIECHICKENZPosted 6/15/2012 7:58:05 AM
From dashboard: Settings > System > Storage > Hover over Hard drive, or wherever Its installed > Press Y > Clear system Cache.
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ
PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
#6MephystoPosted 6/15/2012 8:11:02 AM(edited)
StnkyWizleTeets posted...
If you want to play online you need the update. You can only play single player if you delete it. With that said.

Go to the settings tab on the dashboard. Select System. Then select Storage. With the HDD highlighted press the Y button for device options. Then select Clear System Cache.

^^^^ that should do it. and yes, you won't be able to play online... BUT... you should still be able to play offline multiplayer, so nothing should be stopping you from duping a bunch of materials offline in an un-patched game (with a second controller plugged in as guest), putting them in a bunch of different chests (which should then store them the same as standard non-duped material), then downloading the patch and taking your world back online with all those extra stacks of material in your chests. As far as i know, this should be a viable workaround for duping if you're really inclined to do so....

They patched the bug, but dupers should still be able to dupe... just with a few extra hoops in the way to jump through.
#7ZOMBIECHICKENZPosted 6/15/2012 8:17:02 AM(edited)
Mephysto posted...
They patched the bug, but dupers should still be able to dupe... just with a few extra hoops in the way to jump through.

Yes, but worlds created with the patch will not work offline when patch is removed. Also if a world is created without the patch, obviously it will still have all the post-patch bugs.
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ
PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
#8David_mills7Posted 6/15/2012 8:20:10 AM
I have a seed created pre-patch with clay. So..... if duping is needed, this method will work!
#9DiggerMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 8:21:55 AM
What are the risks of clearing the cache? Will any other games on my system be affected?
---
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-prestipino.html
#10MephystoPosted 6/15/2012 8:23:34 AM
ZOMBIECHICKENZ posted...
Mephysto posted...

Yes, but worlds created with the patch will not work offline when patch is removed. Also if a world is created without the patch, obviously it will still have all the post-patch bugs.

Well, every world that everone has created up to this point have all been pre-patch worlds anyway. That being the case, any world they create offline without the patch now would be in no different or worse position than any other world than anyone else has created up to this point in time. So this being considered, i don't see it being much of an issue really.