Nether still freezes after update.

#1MrSCARYPosted 6/15/2012 7:53:17 AM
Tried a couple times with different worlds. Still freezes. ):
---
Whatever.
#2pharos33Posted 6/15/2012 8:29:38 AM
What??? Just great. Looks like I won't be playing this any time soon.
#3borderpPosted 6/15/2012 8:40:23 AM
Leaving or entering? I had a problem with leaving the nether. I dropped my stuff, killed myself, then went back to pick up items, and that worked for me.
---
GT - borderp
#4pharos33Posted 6/15/2012 8:49:47 AM
borderp posted...
Leaving or entering? I had a problem with leaving the nether. I dropped my stuff, killed myself, then went back to pick up items, and that worked for me.

Most of us know that and have done it many times. The point is, I shouldn't have to suicide or worse, hard-reset my Xbox and damage the HDD by playing the game how its meant to be played. This sort of thing should have been included in the "bug fix update" which also included save freezing.
#5XBL_Mikey0629Posted 6/15/2012 1:10:49 PM
pharos33 posted...
or worse, hard-reset my Xbox and damage the HDD by playing the game how its meant to be played.

Start -> Exit -> Exit without saving
---
X-Box Live GT: Mikey0629
Currently Playing: Halo, Battlefield 3, Minecraft, Borderlands
#6jose_ole1Posted 6/15/2012 1:22:29 PM
Im pretty sure nether freezing fix was not part of a update
---
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew
#7MrSCARY(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 2:25:44 PM
It freezes when I try to enter the nether every time now.

Made a new world today and it still freezes.

People complained how the dupe glitch ruined the game but right about now I wish I would have used it.

I so love this new trend of releasing broken and unfinished games.
---
Whatever.
#8pharos33Posted 6/15/2012 6:06:27 PM
XBL_Mikey0629 posted...
pharos33 posted...
or worse, hard-reset my Xbox and damage the HDD by playing the game how its meant to be played.

Start -> Exit -> Exit without saving

Are you daft? Do you even know what we're talking about here?

The Nether freeze LOCKS UP the system itself when entering or exiting a Nether Portal. There is no "press start, exit, exit without saving". The Xbox completely freezes... no Minecraft menu, no Xbox menu. This also happened with the Save & Exit freeze which has apparently been fixed, and which just about everyone here knew how to avoid after the first time they were stricken with it.

This isn't a troubleshooting thread so before anyone starts trying to offer opinions, I have a Slim 360 purchased in February which replaced an older model. The Nether freeze is a well-known glitch and I thought it was going to be fixed with this patch. I guess I was wrong... if anyone else experiences this post-patch, please let us know.
#9Kyle1022Posted 6/15/2012 10:44:23 PM
Really? They bother to get rid of the dupe glitch, something that was optional and detrimental to absolutely NO ONE, and they don't fix this, a glitch obviously detrimental to everyone?

REALLY? -_________-
---
GT: The Swag Patrol
#10Smooth-JazzPosted 6/15/2012 10:52:31 PM
Delete Minecraft and redowload it. I have trouble with DLC all the time. Usually a simple delete-&-DL fixes it.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila... floor.
Cash only.