Boycott the Update

#11AdvancedGamer31Posted 6/16/2012 10:19:34 AM
ZosKiaCultus posted...
They have your $20, "boycott" all you want.

This.
Either play offline or learn the new dupe glitch found. 1.8 shouldnt be too far anyway I hope
---
GT: AdvancedGamer31
#12riddlebox89Posted 6/16/2012 10:28:42 AM
RichardWayne82 posted...
What I said has nothing to do with me buying the game.

Yes it does, boycotting something implies refusing to buy it, and convincing others to refuse to buy it, it doesn't work so well when it's a FREE update.

Besides, you can just instal patch, find clay, save, clear your cache (as a smart person uses a memory card for saves and the internal harddrive for games) reinstall the game without the patch and there you go, you can dupe again.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#13DojorkanPosted 6/16/2012 10:32:24 AM
It doesn't matter if you "boycott" they already have the money you spend buying the game.

Also its a glitch, why does it surprise you that they fixed it? You're making a bigger deal out of this then there needs to be. Plus the game is Called MINEcraft. If you don't want to mine, then why did you get it?
---
If you watch "Doctor Who" and play Pokemon Platinum, this will blow your mind-
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6649/1262538638159.jpg
#14killacam3201Posted 6/16/2012 10:38:17 AM(edited)
I'm getting pistons in patch 1.7.3...so i wont be boycotting ****
---
209 xbox 360 games and counting...
#15Doctor Vulpes FoxPosted 6/16/2012 10:37:02 AM
This reminds me of those "I'm quitting Wow" threads you see all the time on their forums, except, you know, Minecraft isn't a subscription based game.
---
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."
#16VividAxisPosted 6/16/2012 10:38:25 AM
I think what happened was that everyone started blocking the griefers and since they can't bother people in the game anymore they're all coming here and trolling.
---
My xbox Minecraft world
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1397/teamzrominecraftworld01.png
#17naps43402Posted 6/16/2012 10:38:46 AM
I used the glitch before the update, but getting mad because a game glitch was fixed is just silly. The glitch was not meant to be in the game, so it was fixed. That is what a patch is for, fixing broken code. There are new ways to glitch, plus it's not like this patch just showed up, we knew it was coming. Many people stocked up before hand, just in case. If you can't play this game without glitching, check YouTube and enjoy the newly found glitches, before those too get fixed.
#18GeistPosted 6/16/2012 10:45:03 AM
BriSaw posted...
New dupe glitches have been found and can be done solo, so nothing much really changed outside of clay on new maps.

And these dupe glitchs work how?
---
What, me worry?
#19SharazurePosted 6/16/2012 10:49:43 AM
RichardWayne82 posted...
From what I read of the update the only useful thing I see is that clay is more prevalent in maps. Big deal.

I think it was in poor taste of the developer's part to fix the dupe glitch without giving us creative mode. Some people like to mine, and some don't. Who cares? I do think the people that get on these boards to piss and moan about dupers being lazy are full of crap though. I am lazy cause I would rather not sit on my ass for 8 hours mining stone to build a castle? Yea, check your logic there.

I am not jumping through hoops for 4J by using a flash drive, clearing cache, and all of that garbage. I just refuse to update. So really, the only thing the update for me did was take away my ability to play online.

Thanks 4JSteve at 4J Studios.. Great job ;)

Until I get creative mode? I am offline only

No one cares.
---
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER
#20MephystoPosted 6/16/2012 10:52:41 AM
lalwtf posted...
RichardWayne82 posted...
From what I read of the update the only useful thing I see is that clay is more prevalent in maps. Big deal.

I think it was in poor taste of the developer's part to fix the dupe glitch without giving us creative mode. Some people like to mine, and some don't. Who cares? I do think the people that get on these boards to piss and moan about dupers being lazy are full of crap though. I am lazy cause I would rather not sit on my ass for 8 hours mining stone to build a castle? Yea, check your logic there.

I am not jumping through hoops for 4J by using a flash drive, clearing cache, and all of that garbage. I just refuse to update. So really, the only thing the update for me did was take away my ability to play online.

Thanks 4JSteve at 4J Studios.. Great job ;)

Until I get creative mode? I am offline only

You refer to it as the Dupe glitch, some devs like to fix glitches, stop being lazy and cry over stupid ish like this.

Want something? Work for it

^^^^ Or tell the people who respond with moral superiority bs like this to shove off, continue using the glitches that are still completely feasible after the update (there are some that still work, after all, just look around), and still get what you want without having to work for anything. ;)