Boycott the Update

#31riddlebox89Posted 6/16/2012 12:09:50 PM
Holdemtime posted...
It's not the way I want you to play, it's the way developers want you to play. It's their game and they can dictate how you're supposed to play it. Creative mode doesn't come until 1.8 because Notch and company put a TON of effort into creating a beautifully balanced game that revolves around mining, surviving, and building. They want you to fully experience their beautiful creation for a while before you defile it by taking shortcuts.

The games main focus has ALWAYS been on creating, not mining, if they wanted you to mine for hours and hours just to build something, they wouldn't have put creative mode in.

Creative mode is a shortcut now? Jeeze...you must have a mental issue, because when the game was first released publicly, all there was was creative mode, the survival aspects didn't come until later.

The only people defiling the game, are people like you who ignore the games history and try to make it as if the game always had the survival aspects, the game revolves around creating, nothing more, only an a self absorbed idiot would think that creative mode, or utilizing a duplication glitch in order to build stuff while there is no creative mode, is defiling the game by...building things when that's the main focus of the game.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#32ZosKiaCultusPosted 6/16/2012 12:16:28 PM
Creative mode is a shortcut now? Jeeze...you must have a mental issue, because when the game was first released publicly, all there was was creative mode, the survival aspects didn't come until later.

The only people defiling the game, are people like you who ignore the games history and try to make it as if the game always had the survival aspects, the game revolves around creating, nothing more, only an a self absorbed idiot would think that creative mode, or utilizing a duplication glitch in order to build stuff while there is no creative mode, is defiling the game by...building things when that's the main focus of the game.

This isn't the PC version, get over that fact and get over the fact that you will play what they want you to play, when they want you to play it.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#33HoldemtimePosted 6/16/2012 12:21:53 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
Holdemtime posted...
It's not the way I want you to play, it's the way developers want you to play. It's their game and they can dictate how you're supposed to play it. Creative mode doesn't come until 1.8 because Notch and company put a TON of effort into creating a beautifully balanced game that revolves around mining, surviving, and building. They want you to fully experience their beautiful creation for a while before you defile it by taking shortcuts.

The games main focus has ALWAYS been on creating, not mining, if they wanted you to mine for hours and hours just to build something, they wouldn't have put creative mode in.

You must have never created art if you think a first or second draft is worthy of later revisions. The game started as something, but it got better and better until it became something else. Survival mode is where Notch wanted to take the game, and he took it there. Creative mode is taking a shortcut because it bypasses mining and surviving, two thirds of what he wanted the game to become. I imagine the only real reason he added it was to appease people like you who can't appreciate the beauty of the final product.
---
www.jamesspiller.net
#34SEA_Posted 6/16/2012 12:19:58 PM
haha this is really a topic
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU, LMU
http://www.last.fm/user/astevetsa
#35riddlebox89Posted 6/16/2012 12:25:30 PM
Holdemtime posted...
You must have never created art if you think a first or second draft is worthy of later revisions. The game started as something, but it got better and better until it became something else. Survival mode is where Notch wanted to take the game, and he took it there. Creative mode is taking a shortcut because it bypasses mining and surviving, two thirds of what he wanted the game to become. I imagine the only real reason he added it was to appease people like you who can't appreciate the beauty of the final product.

So let me get this straight, in a game where the main focus is creating something, using a mode that allows you to freely create anything you want is taking a shortcut and therefor is "da rong way to playyy"?

Nice logic, seriously i'm jealous my mother didn't drop me on my head as much as yours dropped you in order for you to obtain that piss poor excuse of an argument.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#36HoldemtimePosted 6/16/2012 12:28:31 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Holdemtime posted...

So let me get this straight, in a game where the main focus is creating something, using a mode that allows you to freely create anything you want is taking a shortcut and therefor is "da rong way to playyy"?

Nice logic, seriously i'm jealous my mother didn't drop me on my head as much as yours dropped you in order for you to obtain that piss poor excuse of an argument.

How is the main focus of the game creating something? If that was the case there would be no pickaxes, shovels, axes, TNT, bows, swords, caverns, dungeons, and the list goes on and on. Just because you want it to be about creating, doesn't mean it is. Creating is 1/3 of the game. Surviving and mining are 2/3. Analyze your own thoughts before you come at me all aggressive boy.
---
www.jamesspiller.net
#37riddlebox89Posted 6/16/2012 12:48:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#38HoldemtimePosted 6/16/2012 12:56:10 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
*adds another ignorant tool to the ignore list*

I imagine that's exactly what someone who's just realized their wrong, can't admit it, and wants to save face would say.
---
www.jamesspiller.net
#39AdvancedGamer31Posted 6/16/2012 1:04:25 PM
Holdemtime posted...
AdvancedGamer31 posted...
Dojorkan posted...
It doesn't matter if you "boycott" they already have the money you spend buying the game.

Also its a glitch, why does it surprise you that they fixed it? You're making a bigger deal out of this then there needs to be. Plus the game is Called MINEcraft. If you don't want to mine, then why did you get it?

Plus the game is called mineCRAFT.
I like when people emphasize the word mine and completely ignore the craft part, which implies I can choose to do both.
It's my game, MINE to choose how I want to CRAFT, Whether or not I want to MINE to go about said CRAFTing is up to me. That's just how I see it, which is the beauty of minecraft, it's up to you to decide how and what you want to build however you want. Stop forcing everyone to play your way, theres no rules so that there isnt any restrictions. It's MINEcraft, not YOURcraft.

Oh man. Just wow. It's not up to you to decide how to play the game. It's up to the developers. It's their game and it's up to them to decide. If they want you to just craft, they would offer a Creative mode. That's the reason they patched the glitch, because it's not time for that mode yet. Until the developers say that you can just craft, you are cheating.

I don't care if you want to cheat, but I want you to know that you are cheating yourself out of a very intentionally well-rounded game.

Creative mode isn't in because it needs to be developed to work on xbox. Dupe glitch did what creative mode does but duping requires more time. So no, I don't consider it cheating. As for everyone saying it's about mining and that we aren't getting the full effect, my response to you is that you are wrong. I have two saves one for duping and one for survival. I played both saves and realized I enjoyed building more than mining, I would from time to time play the survival save when I felt like that sort of thing but I had mun fun and passion in building, now i'm being forced out of selfishness to play survival which isn't that fun for me without being able to build how I like. So now I enjoy the game less and feel restricted, while you enjoy the game how you like, thank you.
---
GT: AdvancedGamer31
#40AdvancedGamer31Posted 6/16/2012 1:11:03 PM
Holdemtime posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Holdemtime posted...

How is the main focus of the game creating something? If that was the case there would be no pickaxes, shovels, axes, TNT, bows, swords, caverns, dungeons, and the list goes on and on. Just because you want it to be about creating, doesn't mean it is. Creating is 1/3 of the game. Surviving and mining are 2/3. Analyze your own thoughts before you come at me all aggressive boy.

Did you read what he said? It started out without a survival mode, so the main focus was creation and creativity. Survival was added to keep peoples interest in playing, the people who didn't enjoy just building. I feel i'd enjoy the survival aspect of the game more when we get the adventure update that 1.8 brings
---
GT: AdvancedGamer31