As much as I'm looking forward to the updates, one thing I don't want is hunger

#1ayame95Posted 6/21/2012 5:54:59 AM
I realize we're still a while down the road from the update that included hunger, but if we do get there it's something I don't want included. I don't mind spending time harvesting resources for my various projects, but I don't want to have to waste it collecting food. I know it's not that time-consuming, but it's not something I want to have to worry about. I'm sort of dreading being right in the middle of a huge project when I suddenly realize my health is depleting because I'm out of food...and I have to drop everything to run off and get something to eat.

On the PC it'd be easy to install a mod to get rid of something like this, but that won't be possible for an XBLA game. I know there's not much I can do about it and I'll be glad for the other things an update brings, but it's still a concern for me.
#2daveliciousPosted 6/21/2012 6:19:57 AM
Hopefully they can implement a setting that disables hunger without having to go into peaceful mode.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3bumblecrunkPosted 6/21/2012 6:29:14 AM
I like the hunger system better. I hate having to eat pork just because I fell 3 blocks.
---
i r botmen
XBL: GameKrib MOFO
#4chaosgamer99Posted 6/21/2012 6:48:24 AM
Collecting food (atleast for the PC version) (I play on my friends Xbox version form time to time) is not actually hard. Getting a coulpe seeds and starting a farm, is not that difficult, and becomes amazingly easy.

Fishing, for example is very easy. It is more time consuming, but you get a lot of fish, and can get a good supply of food source. In Easy mode, hunger very rarely goes down, and you won't need as much food.

For having food for awhile, it's quiet esay, and isn't wasting your time to get the resources. Farming and replant takes up to five minutes (and less if you are good with Redstone to make it automatic)

Hunger, I don't like myself, but if they decide to add it int he Xbox version, there are some ways just to make it easier.

Also, if they end up making a way to disable hunger for the Xbox version, before PC, I might just die :P

I like the Xbox version (The little I have played with my friend). It brings back a ton of nostaglia, but I perfer the PC version by far.

Anyways, hopefully [if] hunger is added, you find it easy and not time consuming
---
I shall not change this until I have a girlfriend
Started 05/25/12
#5OblivionManiacPosted 6/21/2012 7:14:02 AM
Honestly the hunger bar improved the game a little. By the time hunger bar is out stackable food will implemented which is one of the best impovements. Like the above poster typed I also hate having to eat pork every time I acidently fall 3+ blocks. but with the hunger system I will regen the rest when that does happen. Getting food in post 1.8 is a lot easier hell u don't even have to stray far from the house. In all, I can't wait for it.
---
Gamertag: Xasther
#6GastroidPosted 6/21/2012 7:36:43 AM
Build a small piston-powered Melon farm. Push a button every few days, get more Melon Slices than you can use. Or make a high efficiency chicken farm. Or a flooding wheat slope farm. The options for low work, high rewards farms are abundant. Just keep a stack of food with you and you'll be fine.
---
The Creepin' Squid
First Mate Gastroid (Argh!)
#7KnightAdzPosted 6/21/2012 7:48:07 AM
Also don't forget that by then all the land animals will drop food when killed, which makes food abundant (overground)
---
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5621/knighte.png
#8TuohPosted 6/21/2012 7:55:54 AM
The hunger bar was very controversial on the PC version, causing a lot of debate. And now...you've brought it to this forum.
you...what have you done?!

...well actually its better than rants about duping.
---
PS3 Username: WafflesUniversal
hit me up some time.
#9GastroidPosted 6/21/2012 8:04:39 AM
Tuoh posted...
The hunger bar was very controversial on the PC version, causing a lot of debate. And now...you've brought it to this forum.
you...what have you done?!

...well actually its better than rants about duping.

It died off very quickly, though, after people got used to the new system. It was a big change at the time, but now is an important mechanic most people are okay with.
---
The Creepin' Squid
First Mate Gastroid (Argh!)
#10bestatfallinPosted 6/21/2012 8:06:30 AM
Mushrooms. They can be grown inside your home, I personally find the convienence to trump all other food sources. It's as simple as set it, and forget it!
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house, and every night I hear them running their mouths.