Splitscreen.....

#1idkifPosted 6/24/2012 3:59:47 AM
And of course you need an HDMI in order to do splitscreen. Great game, I play it on PC all the time, but c'mon. The only reason why I'd get minecraft on xbox is because of splitscreen. I mean, that's all the trailer brags about... and yet you need certain requirements. I have an HD tv.... but why pay extra for a cord when you bought the game? Is there something in the splitscreen coding that makes it so you need an HDMI?

/rant
#2usaraudPosted 6/24/2012 4:30:12 AM
idkif posted...
And of course you need an HDMI in order to do splitscreen. Great game, I play it on PC all the time, but c'mon. The only reason why I'd get minecraft on xbox is because of splitscreen. I mean, that's all the trailer brags about... and yet you need certain requirements. I have an HD tv.... but why pay extra for a cord when you bought the game? Is there something in the splitscreen coding that makes it so you need an HDMI?

/rant

the official reason is that the gui would be unreadable in SD splitscreen. I'm quite sure if you try to splitscreen in sd it just wont let you.

If your xbox has a hdmi port, the leads are cheap as chips on amazon and ebay. It really does improve the clarity of the console too.

If it doesnt, you can get an xbox hd lead for about 10 - 15 quid
---
3DS FC : 2019-9966-1666 Add Me for KI:U and MK7
Pokemon White : Pasia - 4857-1015-5514
#3cptOwonderfulPosted 6/24/2012 4:45:30 AM
It's hard enough to read some stuff on a 42" HD plasma in split screen so I'd hate to try it in SD. I suppose it'd be better on an lcd or am I mistaken?
#43CDEDPosted 6/24/2012 5:20:28 AM
also it works with component cables too
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://jdmcars.info/cars/toyota_chaser_jzx100.jpg http://benisawesome.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dgb.gif
#5Deathx113Posted 6/24/2012 9:45:32 AM
I have an SD TV and I have played split-screen through a glitch.

It was perfectly legible. There was no reason for them to lock a feature for no reason, but they did it anyway.

Personally, I think it is because they wanted everyone to give it 5 stars/buy it and were afraid a little blurriness would lessen sales.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#6Deathx113Posted 6/24/2012 9:46:52 AM
cptOwonderful posted...
It's hard enough to read some stuff on a 42" HD plasma in split screen so I'd hate to try it in SD. I suppose it'd be better on an lcd or am I mistaken?

You guys need to get your eyes checked or something.

I play it in 4 player split-screen on a 40" tv, and I sit at least 6-10 feet away, and I have no problem.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#7idkif(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 3:29:50 AM
Deathx113 posted...
I have an SD TV and I have played split-screen through a glitch.

It was perfectly legible. There was no reason for them to lock a feature for no reason, but they did it anyway.

Personally, I think it is because they wanted everyone to give it 5 stars/buy it and were afraid a little blurriness would lessen sales.

A little burriness is quite sad. I mean, I'm sure they'd have more sales if they made it in SD. I know of lots of friend's who play their consoles on T.V.'s smaller than 40''. It really is a big disappointment. :s
---
YOLO spelled backwards means Only Loser Obey Yolo.
#84JSteve(VIP)Posted 6/26/2012 3:32:15 AM
Deathx113 posted...
cptOwonderful posted...

I play it in 4 player split-screen on a 40" tv, and I sit at least 6-10 feet away, and I have no problem.

I'm sure we would have heard about a gltich regarding SPlitscreen being available in SD.

Splitscreen in SD was unplayable.
---
Twitter -
@4JSteve @4JStudios
#9JON4495Posted 6/26/2012 4:03:03 AM
4JSteve posted...
Deathx113 posted...
cptOwonderful posted...

I'm sure we would have heard about a gltich regarding SPlitscreen being available in SD.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/632873-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/63034749
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW
#10idkif(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 9:12:54 AM
JON4495 posted...
4JSteve posted...
Deathx113 posted...
cptOwonderful posted...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/632873-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/63034749

Topic is unavailable. :(
---
YOLO spelled backwards means Only Loser Obey Yolo.