Minecraft: 360 Edition guides needs you!

#21ZOMBIECHICKENZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 10:05:05 AM
Hyrulian15 posted...
A monster trap guide perhaps.

I was thinking that. What type of mob trap do you think would be the easiest? I've built all types, but mine are all rather large.
Do you think I should have a dark room trap and a monster spawner one? Definitely dark room, but monster spawner?
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ, PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
You mad, bro?
#22Hyrulian15Posted 6/28/2012 10:12:30 AM
ZOMBIECHICKENZ posted...
Hyrulian15 posted...
A monster trap guide perhaps.

I was thinking that. What type of mob trap do you think would be the easiest? I've built all types, but mine are all rather large.
Do you think I should have a dark room trap and a monster spawner one? Definitely dark room, but monster spawner?

The easiest one I've seen has a pretty decent tutorial on YouTube. I'm too lazy at the moment to go fetch the link myself, but if you search "easy monster trap in minecraft" it should be the first result.
---
idon'tgiveacrap@youstupiddip****butt****.net
#23ZOMBIECHICKENZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 10:18:51 AM
Hyrulian15 posted...
The easiest one I've seen has a pretty decent tutorial on YouTube. I'm too lazy at the moment to go fetch the link myself, but if you search "easy monster trap in minecraft" it should be the first result.

I'll have a look later, thanks again.
---
You mad, bro?
#24DonKronPosted 6/28/2012 12:01:34 PM
MenuWars posted...
I know it's cheating but I built this guy's mobivator and his mob grinder. I've also built variations of it now after learning the basics thanks to his tutorial but he's got a WEALTH of information and though it can be long winded he doesn't skip things he hasn't already outlined in other videos.

So personally if you're making an FAQ I'd contact him and ask to use him as a source so you don't have to worry so much about diagrams.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EthosLab

Mob Grinders are considered to be cheating?
#25True_GatorPosted 6/28/2012 2:04:03 PM
MenuWars posted...
I know it's cheating but I built this guy's mobivator and his mob grinder. I've also built variations of it now after learning the basics thanks to his tutorial but he's got a WEALTH of information and though it can be long winded he doesn't skip things he hasn't already outlined in other videos.

So personally if you're making an FAQ I'd contact him and ask to use him as a source so you don't have to worry so much about diagrams.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EthosLab

Mob Grinders are considered to be cheating?

I believe he meant that borrowing that guys ideas without credit was cheating.
---
GT: TrueNinjaman74
Pokemon White: 4341 1880 8382
#26Hyrulian15Posted 6/28/2012 2:19:54 PM
Hyrulian15 posted...

Got it!

Here you go, Mr. Chickenz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTNZXyMNeA
---
idon'tgiveacrap@youstupiddip****butt****.net
#27MarbiaachPosted 6/28/2012 2:37:34 PM
Here's some help with biomes ( Although I am admittedly much more comfortable with post-1.8 biomes/sub-biomes.)

BIOMES
Forest-
A biome with a lot of trees and occasional hills. Oak and birch trees grow in this biome. Mushrooms, tall grass, roses and flowers can occasionally be found. Wolves can also spawn in this biome.

Desert-A barren biome consisting mostly of sand, large dunes, dead bushes and cacti, just like a real desert. Rain never falls in this biome. Very few animals spawn in this biome. Deserts are...well..barren until a later update.

Tundra- A relatively large, flat biome with a huge amount of snow. It does not rain in this biome;it snows instead. Lakes and rivers are frozen over, and oak trees are uncommon. A very hilly biome.Sugar cane will spawn in this biome, but can be destroyed immediately because of the ice freezing the water that the sugar cane needs.

Taiga - A biome with a lot of pine and spruce trees and gray-blue grass. Snowfall also occurs in this biome. Hills are common, and wolves are found in this biome more frequently than in others.

TECHNICAL/ SUB-BIOMES.

Hills Hills are generated within forest, taiga, desert, jungle, and tundra biomes. They can vary in size depending on the biome.

Beach Beaches are sandy banks of sand/gravel that have water near them, and also hold a large supply of clay.

Basin Occasionally, instead of being converted to dirt or sand, the top layer is stripped away, leaving a 'Basin' of bare stone. There is a common misconception in the community that these are errors, however they are an intended feature. Basically, they are those random patches of stone above ground.

NETHER

Lava Seas

Lava Seas are great oceans of lava which are found at and below level 30 in the Nether. They make a large portion of the Nether, and are extremely common. These are usually the best places to look for glowstone as they are very open, although watch out for the occasional ghast!

Holy s*** that was long. Thanks to the wiki for help on Basins and Lava Seas. I didn't know the exact levels for Lava Seas, and some details for Basins.

Note: This is only including pre-1.8 biomes. I'll try to remember to post an updated list once 1.8 hits the Xbox version.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
#28thisawesomedudePosted 6/28/2012 3:28:58 PM
I will suggest a Beastiary guide. A list of all of the passive and aggressive mobs, where they spawn, patroling distance, attacks, drop items, etc.

Oh and instructions on how to read the coordinates if people are unfamiliar with axis directions
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#29ZOMBIECHICKENZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 1:01:43 AM
thisawesomedude posted...
I will suggest a Beastiary guide.

Hmm, yes, u was thinking of that.
The coordinate Idea will go in tips&tricks.

Marbiaach posted...
Here's some help with biomes ( Although I am admittedly much more comfortable with post-1.8 biomes/sub-biomes.)

Great, thank you!

True_Gator posted...

I have to ask permission for use of anything like that or face some serious legal issues. "/

I'm hoping to get the first version out today!

Oh, and thanks for the link Hyrulian!
---
You mad, bro?
#30True_GatorPosted 6/30/2012 1:35:43 PM

True_Gator posted...

I have to ask permission for use of anything like that or face some serious legal issues. "/

That wasn't directed towards you at all. He was asking why Menuwars said the grinder was cheating, I was just telling him that I think Menuwars called it cheating because it wasn't his design.
---
GT: TrueNinjaman74
Pokemon White: 4341 1880 8382