Leaderboards

#11riddlebox89Posted 6/26/2012 1:08:27 PM
AJMephisto posted...
I would have guessed a lot of people checked the leaderboards. Didn't know it was against the minecraft way.

Well yeah a lot of people do check them, but they're mostly just kids who obsess over them so deeply that they're willing to stop eating for days just to get a spot higher on them than their friends.

No one of sensible mind gives a damn about leader boards or what they say or who's on them and who's not.

Not to mention that in Minecraft, leader boards pretty much serve no purpose than just to be there, Minecraft is not about being competitive, it's about creation, and i highly doubt that the leader boards are going to chart how many blocks a person has used and what they've built with those blocks.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12ImmatureContentPosted 6/26/2012 1:35:18 PM
I swear, the inconsequential things people will bash these days in order to appear edgy or cool.
---
I was the turkey all along!
#13hopposaiPosted 6/26/2012 1:58:24 PM
i like the leaderboards because of the stat tracking. i like being able to see how much i've mined. with that said my leaderboards have reset themselves twice now.
#14MarbiaachPosted 6/26/2012 2:40:49 PM
ImmatureContent posted...
I swear, the inconsequential things people will bash these days in order to appear edgy or cool.

I really think you should look up what inconsequential means..
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
#15ImmatureContentPosted 6/26/2012 2:42:43 PM
No, I think maybe you should. Leaderboards don't affect anyone in any detrimental way. There is no point in hating on them.
---
#16MarbiaachPosted 6/26/2012 2:50:43 PM
No, I think maybe you should. Leaderboards don't affect anyone in any detrimental way. There is no point in hating on them.

Except that, no one was arguing that they were very important.

In terms of this topic, no, they aren't inconsequential because they are important to this topic and aren't irrelevant, again, to this topic.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
#17riddlebox89Posted 6/26/2012 2:50:59 PM

Except for the fact that, they're kinda stupid, and really have no reason to exist at all other than to provide idiots with bragging rights.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#18Mander1861Posted 6/26/2012 2:52:49 PM
riddlebox89 posted...

Except for the fact that, they're kinda stupid, and really have no reason to exist at all other than to provide idiots with bragging rights.

Ya stupid evolution and its failure to be competitive.
Mankind would have been alot better of if we werent competitive.......wait......
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#19ImmatureContentPosted 6/26/2012 3:04:38 PM
The only thing Minecraft's leaderboards do is track some of your stats. It's just a nice little addition to be able to see what you have done. Your rank doesn't matter.

However, you guys have completely opened my eyes on competitive leaderboards. I can see how it could be discouraging to special gamers. We should remove all leaderboards and replace them with a gold star system. Everyone gets a gold star just for trying! Everyone is a winner!
---
#20Mander1861Posted 6/26/2012 3:09:55 PM
The only thing Minecraft's leaderboards do is track some of your stats. It's just a nice little addition to be able to see what you have done. Your rank doesn't matter.

However, you guys have completely opened my eyes on competitive leaderboards. I can see how it could be discouraging to special gamers. We should remove all leaderboards and replace them with a gold star system. Everyone gets a gold star just for trying! Everyone is a winner!

Weeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!
Woooooooo !!!!!!!!!!
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.