Any new on release date for Adventure Update?

#1scorpio manPosted 7/6/2012 2:16:28 PM
Eagerly waiting for the Adventure update before I start playing this game again, does anyone know the release?
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#2DonKronPosted 7/6/2012 2:17:06 PM
Sometime in August.
#3scorpio man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 2:52:38 PM
Sweet thanks!
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#4OblivionManiacPosted 7/6/2012 3:28:27 PM
DonKron posted...
Sometime in August.

It's rumored
---
Gamertag: Xasther
#5DonKronPosted 7/6/2012 3:29:08 PM
OblivionManiac posted...
DonKron posted...
Sometime in August.

It's rumored

Yeah by 4J via twitter >.>
#6DeadLock25Posted 7/6/2012 5:43:24 PM
DonKron posted...
OblivionManiac posted...
DonKron posted...
Sometime in August.

It's rumored

Yeah by 4J via twitter >.>

I have been following their twitter posts and I dont think there has ever been a mention of the 1.8 coming in august. Hell, I dont think the word august even came up in their twitter. Its rumored to be in August seeing as its in development (which has been confirmed by 4J) but nothing on twitter points to august being the month. I can be wrong though.

Please link me to the twitter post you are talking about. I would really like to see.
---
GT: Deadlock25
#7Ruppe21Posted 7/6/2012 6:47:00 PM
I just got into this game,what are all these other modes I hear people talking about?
Adventure mode for instance,what is it exactly?
#8Mander1861Posted 7/6/2012 6:48:12 PM
Ruppe21 posted...
I just got into this game,what are all these other modes I hear people talking about?
Adventure mode for instance,what is it exactly?

Google it.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#9MarbiaachPosted 7/6/2012 7:10:21 PM(edited)
Adventure Mode =/= Adventure Update.

Adventure Mode is an upcoming feature on the PC version, scheduled to come out in 1.3. It is still highly in development and we dont know what kind of things will be in it. Other than the fact that you can't destroy blocks.It has been talked about since before the Adventure Update so the two were often confused.

Adventure Update is 1.8 (and to some point, 1.9/1.0) and is one of the biggest updates in Minecraft. It would take a long time to list them all so...

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Beta
Look at the 1.8 section of that and..
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

Look at the 1.0 section of that.

Don't feel bad though, Adventure Mode and Update confused the heck out of many PC players when they were talked about.

I might just have to make this into its own topic so anyone who gets confused will see it.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866