Tips on building big projects.

#11Mander1861Posted 7/10/2012 8:54:23 PM
URBANLEG3ND posted...
Mander1861 posted...
sicNME posted...
Deconstructing a large project made of obsidian would suck...

Yep but only a tool would build one out of obsidian without knowing what he was doing.

You realize that you just completely contradicted yourself, right? You say, "It's a game with blocks...don't plan, just build", but then turn around and say, "Only a tool would build something out of obsidian without knowing what he was doing". So, which is it?

I don't even know where to start with this .....
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#12weaponxsjPosted 7/10/2012 9:07:18 PM
So ignoring this little squabble i have two cents to put in...

I bought a book of graph paper and its really fun to use that. Each square on the paper represents a block. You can write in what type of block and demensions to get it exactly right and semetrical (sp?) Before you start to build. And its fun to do at work and stuff, it is like playing outside of the game.

I did this with a big castle i made one page for a side view and one top down of the outside of the castle, and then one page for each of the two floors to make a floorplan of all the rooms (library, chest room, bedroom, and so on) to know where hallways, doors, and placements of things go. And it is crazy cool when you actually build and follow your plans exactly and watch it all come together.
---
Gamer Tag: XCainmarkoX
#13zack12369Posted 7/10/2012 10:10:11 PM
Mander1861 posted...
I literally dont understand this thread.
Its a game with blocks.
Dont plan just build and rebuild.

this.
---
gt : z a c k t k. excuse my grammer.iphone.+ lazy.
#14tuner240Posted 7/10/2012 10:15:02 PM
weaponxsj posted...

I bought a book of graph paper and its really fun to use that. Each square on the paper represents a block. You can write in what type of block and demensions to get it exactly right and semetrical (sp?) Before you start to build. And its fun to do at work and stuff, it is like playing outside of the game.

I did this with a big castle i made one page for a side view and one top down of the outside of the castle, and then one page for each of the two floors to make a floorplan of all the rooms (library, chest room, bedroom, and so on) to know where hallways, doors, and placements of things go. And it is crazy cool when you actually build and follow your plans exactly and watch it all come together.

This is a really good idea. Thanks for posting this.
#15tuner240Posted 7/10/2012 10:19:04 PM
sicNME posted...
Deconstructing a large project made of obsidian would suck...

Invite all your friends to help and buy their beer. Lots of beer....
#16Seven_ZombisPosted 7/10/2012 10:22:16 PM
skip_dog posted...
Topic. I am having a little trouble trying to put more levels in a buildings and building mansions for example.

Here are some general tips that help me with large projects.

Use water buckets for easy ascension and a quick ladder down.

If you place a torch on the ground, then place gravel or sand on top, you can pillar up, then when you get down(without destroying the stack) you can hit the lowest block and the whole stack of sand will convert back to items(easy clean up)

If you think you have enough torches on you, double up, this applies to the main material you are building with.

Learn how to use the voxel circle chart

Don't be afraid to try and convert large buildings you see irl into ideas on corners and roofs and arches and such, you would be surprised how easy it can be transferring something you have seen irl to bit patterns for Mc, this can work very well for making a mansion.

Get to be familiar with the Minecraft wiki, and http://minecraftfurniture.net/

Most important tip, never listen to Mander1861
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#173CDEDPosted 7/11/2012 3:17:09 AM
weaponxsj posted...

i do that with my head i can quite easily build a 3D model with my imagination then just go off that

*is smug*
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://christophercain.cc/b/ae86/majorforce5.jpg http://www.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0025/iyTT224570.jpg