Update info

#11MenuWarsPosted 7/12/2012 10:39:04 AM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
And my vacation starts in 2 hours...Guess I won't be playing this update when it comes out tomorrow. I missed the news because I was too busy buying things on Steam :(

Have a wonderful holiday dude, you've been great here. Sorry you're missing it for a bit though. You never know you might end up missing out on gamebreaking bugs and have the patch waiting for you when you get back. Haha....ha....god I hope not.
---
A Troll is a Troll, unless it's an ugly Giant.
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#12ShadowCrush(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 10:39:41 AM
What does it mean added a self-building bridge to the castle?
---
PSN: Mist_Shark twitter: @MistShark
3DS: MistShark
#13MenuWarsPosted 7/12/2012 10:40:46 AM
ShadowCrush posted...

Judging by where it was posted they mean they've added it to the tutorial level, but I could be wrong.
---
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#14TheDragonMarkedPosted 7/12/2012 10:42:09 AM
I'm also confused on the time conversion for central time. Anybody know?
---
Gt: thedragonmarked
#15David_Mills7Posted 7/12/2012 10:42:17 AM
"Added a few other things for players to discover."

Neato!
#16MenuWarsPosted 7/12/2012 10:44:04 AM
Stole this from the comments on the page, it's a time converter.

http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/utc.htm
---
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#17Chuck_BosworthPosted 7/12/2012 10:44:33 AM
MenuWars posted...
Have a wonderful holiday dude, you've been great here. Sorry you're missing it for a bit though. You never know you might end up missing out on gamebreaking bugs and have the patch waiting for you when you get back. Haha....ha....god I hope not.

Well thanks, I appreciate it. I haven't been as active lately, but that's usually because I only comment in threads on news or with questions, and the past month or so has been mostly just repeated conversations I had on the PC board for two years now, haha. But I'm definitely looking forward to getting busy again, and I can't wait for 1.8.2, I need stone bricks, badly.

ShadowCrush posted...

Using pistons and a redstone clock (repeating signal), one can place lava and water in such a way to generate blocks on top of the piston which are then pushed upwards. Once the piston pushes 12 (?) blocks, it can't push anymore and stops. If a block is removed, the chain only has 11 blocks, and the piston pushes another one in. Essentially the bridge will rebuild itself.

" Added a few other things for players to discover [in the tutorial world]." - Interesting
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#18DrDoomsdayPosted 7/12/2012 10:46:21 AM
MenuWars posted...
Stole this from the comments on the page, it's a time converter.

http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/utc.htm

so according to this Central time gets it at 8pm tonight! wooo! i'll assume the skin pack comes out tomorrow though? i have a hard time thinking dlc for any game would be added at 8pm but then again i've never seen an update get added at 8pm
---
I play my WiiPS 360, and 3DSP
#19MenuWarsPosted 7/12/2012 10:46:54 AM
I'm gonna place a bet now from a list of features I saw on I think it was 4J's twitter that we're getting bloody Silverfish and my mine tunnel will be turned into a breeding ground of ripe muggings.
---
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#20Seven_ZombisPosted 7/12/2012 10:48:37 AM
DrDoomsday posted...
Seven_Zombis posted...
DrDoomsday posted...
so wait 2 am UTC? if i looked that up correctly that converts to like 8pm for central time? I'm real thinking i might have converted that wrong

My calculations brought me to 10pm mountain time.

so then its coming tonight?

No one is correcting me yet, so i am assuming yes, 10pm mountain time for me.

Speculations

Removed Herobrine text I am guessing, so as not to mislead any more people, I hope they did the same with the seecret update splash.

Yay for auto build bridge in the tutorial, and Yay for the "other" things to explore and find...

Kicking lasting until game restart is cool, so is no more friends of friends of friends. and the same for people who have just sent friend request being able to join without the request being accepted.
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all