Piston question.

#1Firestar123456Posted 7/13/2012 7:51:26 PM
Is it possible to have a piston already extended so that when applying power (i.e. pressure plate) the piston will pull, rather than push? Fail diagram:

Unpowered: p-x Powered: px

Where p is a piston and x is generic block.
---
Nothing is true
Everything is permitted
#2cclloyd9786Posted 7/13/2012 7:52:48 PM
You have to have a redstone torch attached to it somewhere and then when you use a button/lever/pressure plate on the torch, it turns it off.
#3ManInBlack_77Posted 7/13/2012 7:57:06 PM
Powered pistons are extended and unpowered ones are retracted. If you want to set something up so the piston retracts you need to just build the circuit so the default state is on. Also, if you are going to pull a block it has to be sticky piston.
---
I see them! THEIR over THEY'RE at THERE computers! The grammar police! And I've just enraged them!
#4Firestar123456(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 8:00:15 PM
cclloyd9786 posted...
You have to have a redstone torch attached to it somewhere and then when you use a button/lever/pressure plate on the torch, it turns it off.

How do I attach it? Trying to put it on the piston just sets it on the floor, and using a pressure plate doesn't do anything.
---
Nothing is true
Everything is permitted
#5DoubleUTeeEfffPosted 7/13/2012 8:41:46 PM
Firestar123456 posted...
cclloyd9786 posted...

How do I attach it? Trying to put it on the piston just sets it on the floor, and using a pressure plate doesn't do anything.

I made mine by stacking my 2 pistons where I want them and putting a redstone torch ON THE SAME BLOCK as the lever. Just different sides (i.e. 2 pistons and a redstone torch on the top left of the wall then a lever on the other side of the wall where the redstone torch is. (get it or need a demonstration in game?)
---
Mander1861 is my partner in crime. Together we plan to rule the world. But have to start small...
XBL: DoubleUTeeEfff (I'm 14, not a "squeaker".)
#6Firestar123456(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 9:01:36 PM
DoubleUTeeEfff posted...
Firestar123456 posted...
cclloyd9786 posted...

I made mine by stacking my 2 pistons where I want them and putting a redstone torch ON THE SAME BLOCK as the lever. Just different sides (i.e. 2 pistons and a redstone torch on the top left of the wall then a lever on the other side of the wall where the redstone torch is. (get it or need a demonstration in game?)

Thanks, worked like a charm.
---
Nothing is true
Everything is permitted