What is wrong with my slime farm

#1ThateqicguyPosted 7/14/2012 6:30:50 PM
I made 1 16x16 and 5 high and I made another one 16 by 16 and 3 high I put alot of glow stone inside the walls floors and ceiling (so none are going into the cube) and they are perfect the coordinates the depth for both is Y=4 and I have yet to see one slime (I'm playing on easy
#2TBD2009Posted 7/14/2012 7:54:52 PM
Did you use a Slime Finding tool? If not, and you were just randomly making Slime Pits, you may have just been unlucky enough to NOT hit at least a partial Slime Chunk.

Use this tool:
http://extension.ws/minecraft/slimes.html

And see if the coordinates match your current pits. If not, then you didn't hit a Slime Chunk. If you DID use this tool, and your coordinates ~should~ be a Slime Chunk, it might be that Slimes really ~can't~ spawn on Glowstone...
#3GreenDemon66Posted 7/14/2012 8:18:45 PM
Don't hang around in the slime farm. Go at least 25 blocks away for a bit and then go back.
#4panmagneticPosted 7/15/2012 2:20:27 AM(edited)
Mine finally started working. I used the online slime finder, made the room covering two adjacent slime chunks plus a couple blocks margin, four high with torches in recesses in the ceiling. Lucked out. They were right under my base where I had already done a lot of mining.

Went and did some other things, came back, found one slime. Next trip, one. Next time, one. Fourth visit, and there were slimes running all around the thing. Got 89 slimes balls from a single, er, round-up.

I had been worried my four story mob grinder was hogging the spawns, but I guess not. It did give me the TNT I needed to help clear out the slime farm, though.
#5TerantatekPosted 7/15/2012 11:27:08 AM
panmagnetic posted...
Mine finally started working. I used the online slime finder, made the room covering two adjacent slime chunks plus a couple blocks margin, four high with torches in recesses in the ceiling. Lucked out. They were right under my base where I had already done a lot of mining.

Went and did some other things, came back, found one slime. Next trip, one. Next time, one. Fourth visit, and there were slimes running all around the thing. Got 89 slimes balls from a single, er, round-up.

I had been worried my four story mob grinder was hogging the spawns, but I guess not. It did give me the TNT I needed to help clear out the slime farm, though.

Could you look up a slime chunk for me? I wanna know if my slime chunk has a slime chunk by it. The slimefinder doesn't work for me.

"worstseedever"
(X: 80, Z: -48) to (X: 112, Z: -64) is my slime chunk. Should I make it larger?
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#6SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 7/15/2012 11:30:09 AM
I think you need the numbers for the slime chunk tool, not the seed namr
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png