Would you pay $15-$20 more to be able to have the Tekkit mod on the 360?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Would you pay $15-$20 more to be able to have the Tekkit mod on the 360?
3 years ago#1
Been watching some Yogscast stuff and they've been playing with the Tekkit mod and this pretty cool comic book-like texture pack.

I'll be honest, if I could download that for the 360 game, I'd pay another 1200 points or so.

inb4justgetitforthePC

I do own Minecraft for the PC, however my laptop is a piece of **** so the damn game runs slow.
---
John Henry Eden 2012
3 years ago#2
I wouldn't. I'd pay less, but not that much.

On a side note, have you installed Optifine? I used to have unplayable lag, but now it works almost perfectly.
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ, PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
You mad, bro?
3 years ago#3
Nah, never heard of it.

TELL ME MORE KIND SIR.
---
John Henry Eden 2012
3 years ago#4
ZOMBIECHICKENZ posted...
I wouldn't. I'd pay less, but not that much.

On a side note, have you installed Optifine? I used to have unplayable lag, but now it works almost perfectly.

I use gamebooster but it seems worse when I do. Runs better without. Running 64 bit java in a 64 bit computer (obviously) made a big difference.

I will try optifine.....
3 years ago#5
I use Gamebooster and Optifine (Optifine is included in Tekkit)

The Yogcast use a texture pack called Sphax BDCraft, it is, in my opinion, the greatest of the PC Texture packs.

In troubleshooting your ability to play MC on the PC, check if your system is running 64bit. Most store bought computers have 32bit installed (x86) even if it can run 64bit.

If it is running 32bit, check if your processor can handle the 64bit, there are programs that will do this. (I used a program called SecurAble)

If it can. find a 64bit install ISO, you can use your genuine Windows Key, as it is valid for both 32 and 64bit versions of your Windows.

Install it, download 64bit Java, Minecraft will INSTANTLY run better

Using Optifine allows more graphical options. You can tweak individually what is Fast or Fancy, you can tweak the Distance better... there is more option than just Tiny, Short, Normal and Far. You can change the display resolution, antiailasing etc.

Using Gamebooster shuts down any un-necessary processes that your computer is running when you boot up the game.
---
I used to be a Creeper.... till I took an arrow to the knee.
3 years ago#6
Never played the PC version, would anyone care to explain what tekkit does or add?
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
3 years ago#7
Tekkit adds A TON OF stuff. Like lots of machines. You can make entire factories with it. Hell, even nuclear powered engines. Or nuclear weapons.

It's pretty amazing.
---
John Henry Eden 2012
3 years ago#8
thisawesomedude posted...
Never played the PC version, would anyone care to explain what tekkit does or add?

Do a search on youtube for Tekkit by bluexephos, they use the texture pack mentioned above. Looks awesome!
3 years ago#9
KabtheMentat posted...
Nah, never heard of it.

TELL ME MORE KIND SIR.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125-optifine-hd-c3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

You want to download the one that says standard. When installed, load up the game and go to options, a tonne of new settings appear. When you hover over them a pop up tells you which are fastest and slowest, you want to change them all to fastest. If it don't say anything It doesn't effect anything. Set your render distance to tiny. That's all I did and it went from unplayable to near perfect. You just have to wait for the chunks to load when you start.

Also, make sure your laptop is on the battery mode high performance.

This is al I do, but if it still lags you can try these too:

- Open minecraft, then task manager, right click on mine craft and go to show processes, then right click again, change priority to high.

- Open the start menu, right click my computer, properties, then on the right click advanced system settings, then settings on the performance box, then check the box: Adjust for best performance, (this will change your graphics, don't worry!), press ok. To switch it back, go back to the bit where you check the box and tick let windows choose. (Im not sure I you can do this on anything less than windows 7.)

Hope that helps.
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ, PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
You mad, bro?
3 years ago#10
And while your at watch all of their minecraft videos. Those two are hilarious
---
gt : UltraMegaPlusXL
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Would you pay $15-$20 more to be able to have the Tekkit mod on the 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived