Can't find any wolves for the achievement...

#1Atreju_Posted 7/17/2012 1:24:02 PM
This is the last achievement I need to get but I can't find any wolf... I recently started a new world just to search for wolves but couldn't find any...

Is there a trick or is it totally random?
#2David_Mills7Posted 7/17/2012 1:25:38 PM
Pretty random really. I find them when I'm not looking for them. =/
#3LoneReaper115Posted 7/17/2012 1:26:17 PM
I think it is random to an extent. Also, I think some biomes are more prone to the chance of wolves, such as forest biomes are more likely and desert biomes are less likely.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets?
Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
#4AWarAmp84Posted 7/17/2012 1:58:48 PM
I'm having the same problem. I think they were wiped out by all the cows and sheep.
---
Currently playing GR:FS, Trials Evolution, Minecraft and L4D.
#5SEA_Posted 7/17/2012 2:27:40 PM
I don't see them very often, but when I do it's almost always in a thick forest biome. Find a big forest biome and make a shelter there and mess around until they spawn. They will eventually.
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU
#6Mander1861Posted 7/17/2012 2:30:52 PM
Where there is sheep there is wolves.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#7SEA_Posted 7/17/2012 2:34:21 PM
Mander1861 posted...

I thought sheep only need grass in order to spawn? Large flat areas seem to increase the odds. I see loads of sheep on the middle flat grasst (but mostly tree-less) area of the turnofthetides seed, but I've never seen wolves in that same area. So it seems that wolves are much more likely to spawn in tree heavy areas
---
#8Mander1861Posted 7/17/2012 2:37:52 PM
SEA_ posted...
Mander1861 posted...

I thought sheep only need grass in order to spawn? Large flat areas seem to increase the odds. I see loads of sheep on the middle flat grasst (but mostly tree-less) area of the turnofthetides seed, but I've never seen wolves in that same area. So it seems that wolves are much more likely to spawn in tree heavy areas

You are kind of right.
Most of the time I found them was on a hill with trees attacking sheep.
So my sheep thing and your tree thing is correct.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#9SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 7/17/2012 2:59:04 PM
Make a workd on the seed "Hyrule" make some weapons and spend the first night collecting bone, next morning go wolf hunting I see them In packs of 4-5 Everywhere in the first, I have 11 so far tamed >_>
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#10SEA_Posted 7/17/2012 3:06:58 PM
SCREAMINGBEATSS posted...
I see them In packs of 4-5 Everywhere in the first, I have 11 so far tamed >_>

The first what?
---