Six Dungeons on Seed "1171544198849424676" (Tutorial)

#31TBD2009(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 7:17:05 PM
SnizMasterJ posted...
cool now I can raid all the dungeons.

There are plenty to raid! I'm just going to re-post the previously posted Dungeons, as well as the four new ones I found over the last few days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skeleton Dungeon #1:
X: -96, Y: 40, Z: -126

Skeleton Dungeon #2 (Credit goes to "XspunkyX" from Gamefaqs):
X: 216, Y: 59, Z: 58

Skeleton Dungeon #3 (Credit goes to "KMSSD" from Gamefaqs):
X: 219, Y: 20, Z: -141

Skeleton Dungeon #4:
X: 322, Y: 41, Z: -323

Spider Dungeon #1 (Credit goes to "KMSSD" from Gamefaqs):
X: -143, Y: 45, Z: 69

Spider Dungeon #2:
X: 18, Y: 41, Z: 79

Spider Dungeon #3:
X: 192, Y: 23, Z: -259

Zombie Dungeon #1:
X: -15, Y: 16, Z: -60

Zombie Dungeon #2:
X: -200, Y: 40, Z: 38

Zombie Dungeon #3:
X: -7, Y: 34, Z: 154

Zombie Dungeon #4 (Credit goes to "ChimneySwift11's YouTube Video"):
X: 211, Y: 32, Z: 189

Zombie Dungeon #5:
X: -146, Y: 49, Z: 82

Zombie Dungeon #6:
X: 103, Y: 43, Z: 143

Zombie Dugeon #7 (Credit goes to "KMSSD" from Gamefaqs):
X: -230, Y: 38, Z: -65

Zombie Dungeon #8
X: 339, Y: 20, Z: -386

Zombie Dungeon #9
X: -44, Y: 48, Z: -260

Zombie Dungeon #10
X: -82, Y: 41, Z: -199

Incomplete Dungeon [Underwater] (Credit goes to "KMSSD" from Gamefaqs):
X: 174, Y: 64, Z: -119

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's actually kind of hard to get to Skeleton Dungeon #4 by going "straight down", because it's under the sea. You're better off going from Zombie Dungeon #8 through the insanely twisted cave system, to it. Just be careful of all the crazy drops, and the scattered Lava pools. If you explore the area very carefully, there are at least ten Diamonds to find, just sitting there in plain sight. Though... two of them are at the bottom of a very, VERY long drop down to a partial Lava pool (you'll know it, when you see it... it's a waterfall drop, where most of the Lava below the water was turned into Obsidian).

When I looted Zombie Dungeon #8, it had the "Cat" Music Disc. So it's worth giving it a look.

In fact... I wouldn't have been able to find the three new Zombie Dungeons, if they weren't in the way of my "Relics" project... I've turned what ~vaguely~ looked like a Crescent Moon at the top of a land mass, into a Crescent Moon island... and linked it through a seriously lengthy combination of mineshafts and rail systems, to the lagoon in the upper-right section of the map (it looks like an inverted image of the Crescent Lake region in Final Fantasy I... so it made sense to me to do this).

Well... that's EIGHTEEN Dungeons, now... two more, and I get a free sandwich...
#32decepticondevilPosted 7/25/2012 8:19:10 PM
18 seems like a lot of dungeons. Does anyone have any idea what the average number of dungeons is for a world in this version of the game? We've found quite a few on my (randomly generated) world. I haven't kept track of the exact number, but it's got to be around 9 or 10... and there's still a lot of the world we haven't explored underground. I figured we had hit the limit around 6 or 7, but my friend was exploring my world last week when I was working on my Millennium Falcon and he found 3 more. Then I found another the next day.

We couldn't find a dungeon to save our lives for the first 2 weeks we played the game, now they're popping up everywhere. As someone else said... even though I dupe and have plenty of everything, I still get excited finding them.
#33MarbiaachPosted 7/25/2012 8:23:34 PM
decepticondevil posted...
18 seems like a lot of dungeons. Does anyone have any idea what the average number of dungeons is for a world in this version of the game? We've found quite a few on my (randomly generated) world. I haven't kept track of the exact number, but it's got to be around 9 or 10... and there's still a lot of the world we haven't explored underground. I figured we had hit the limit around 6 or 7, but my friend was exploring my world last week when I was working on my Millennium Falcon and he found 3 more. Then I found another the next day.

We couldn't find a dungeon to save our lives for the first 2 weeks we played the game, now they're popping up everywhere. As someone else said... even though I dupe and have plenty of everything, I still get excited finding them.

No average. Some worlds might have two, or three. Others may have 25. It's completely random.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Try playing local Mario kart without punching your friends in the face. That series is pretty damn rage inducing.
#34TBD2009(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 8:27:16 PM
Eighteen ~is~ a lot of Dungeons... and while I expect there are a couple more lingering around, that I have yet to find... I'm still surprised by how many there are on the Tutorial Seed... there shouldn't be so many in such a "finite" world as this... but there are. And the overwhelming majority of them are clustered very close to one another... meaning if you find ~one~ Dungeon, you're likely to blunder into another one.
#35decepticondevilPosted 7/25/2012 8:36:06 PM
TBD2009 posted...
Eighteen ~is~ a lot of Dungeons... and while I expect there are a couple more lingering around, that I have yet to find... I'm still surprised by how many there are on the Tutorial Seed... there shouldn't be so many in such a "finite" world as this... but there are. And the overwhelming majority of them are clustered very close to one another... meaning if you find ~one~ Dungeon, you're likely to blunder into another one.

I don't know how you feel about "glitching", but the sticky piston/TNT X-ray trick seems like a good way to find them. I only tried it once, but the last dungeon I found was found using that method and it only took about 2 minutes to find one. Even though anything unexplored without lava is dark, if you see a square-ish looking room by itself it has a good chance of being a dungeon, it seems.

Though if you're against using glitches of any kind I can respect that. Just a suggestion.
#36TBD2009(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 8:52:21 PM
decepticondevil posted...
I don't know how you feel about "glitching", but the sticky piston/TNT X-ray trick seems like a good way to find them. I only tried it once, but the last dungeon I found was found using that method and it only took about 2 minutes to find one. Even though anything unexplored without lava is dark, if you see a square-ish looking room by itself it has a good chance of being a dungeon, it seems.

Though if you're against using glitches of any kind I can respect that. Just a suggestion.

I try to resist the urge to use glitches/cheats... mostly, because the thrill of the hunt, is just as important to me, as the end result. Though, I don't object to ~anyone~ using the X-Ray Vision glitch, and contributing their Dungeons to this thread. In the end, knowing where the Dungeons are, helps other players... regardless of whether it was found by blinding digging around under the ground, or if you found them with a "glitch".

I've got some seriously expansive caverns and cave systems (and mineshaft tunnels I've created) going all over the map... so it's rather easy to bump into (or in some cases, dig THROUGH) Dungeons. So I'm pretty well set, with, or without, X-Ray Vision.

That said... I have tried the "original" X-Ray Vision (which I discovered how to do, strictly by accident) of being in Third-Person view, and angle the camera while walking down a one block wide, by two block tall tunnel (with "Bobbing" on)... but it was ~very~ hard to pin-point where anything ~other~ than Lava was really located. If it wasn't lit up like the Fourth of July, it was next to impossible to find anything significant (including Dungeons).

Still... anyone who wants to use X-Ray Vision, and add to the list, you have my permission (as if you guys need it!).
#37TBD2009(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 5:05:53 PM
Just giving this a quick "Ka-Bump!" to keep it active. Since I haven't been looking for Dungeons in the last few days, I'll instead share the location of a nice Pumpkin Patch!

X: 133, Y: 69, Z: 159

You'll find eight Pumpkins there.
#38BooBirdoPosted 7/27/2012 6:34:02 PM
I am currently exploring a world that has an absurd abundance of dungeons as well, it also has a large snow biome, mountain area, large forests and large open greenlands perfect for large constructions, as well as a decent sized lake, basically a bit of everything in it.

Not quite sure how many dungeons I have found so far, at least 11-12 I believe. I have about 600+ Mossy cobblestone from them all, and I still have several caves left to explore. If anyone is interested in the seed (lots of random numbers, have to check back later) I can post it here tomorrow.
---
"That woman deserves her revenge. And we deserve to die."
Join the Ceph