Minecraft Etiquette

#1joelanator0492Posted 7/21/2012 9:52:40 AM
So, I've played with a lot of different people from gamefaqs and other friends I have. Some understand the unwritten etiquette of minecraft, others don't, and some are just plain griefers. So, I think it would be cool to post a few rules you think should be in the unwritten code of minecraft etiquette for multiplayer.

1) Don't take items out of chests you don't own unless you ask first
2) Don't start randomly building houses without making sure that area is ok to build on first.
3) Don't start "fixing" building structures without making sure the owner is ok with it.

any more?
#2sicNMEPosted 7/21/2012 10:15:34 AM
4. Don't invite people to your world if you're going to be anal about things in a video game, such as the previous rules.
#3joelanator0492(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2012 10:26:41 AM
sicNME posted...
4. Don't invite people to your world if you're going to be anal about things in a video game, such as the previous rules.

You wouldn't get even a little annoyed if you invited someone over or they randomly came over to your house and started moving furniture around and eating a lot of food our of your fridge? Its just being polite to at least ask first.
#4sicNMEPosted 7/21/2012 10:30:28 AM
When I invite people to my world, I tell them have fun and take whatever they need, build what they want, do whatever. If I don't want people messing with my stuff, I keep it offline.
#5Villain_S_FiendPosted 7/21/2012 11:00:10 AM
sicNME, you seem to be operating under the mistaken idea that there are only two acceptable ways to play Minecraft: safe and offline, or online and not allowed to care about anything. You have a narrow scope.

Why do people act like it's unreasonable for people to strive for an online experience that includes people being considerate toward each other, and at times even go so far as to blame the world creator when other people act like dicks? It's ****ing stupid.
---
Wolfman's got nards!
#6joelanator0492(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2012 11:30:39 AM
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
sicNME, you seem to be operating under the mistaken idea that there are only two acceptable ways to play Minecraft: safe and offline, or online and not allowed to care about anything. You have a narrow scope.

Why do people act like it's unreasonable for people to strive for an online experience that includes people being considerate toward each other, and at times even go so far as to blame the world creator when other people act like dicks? It's ****ing stupid.

THANK YOU!!!

I try and be nice and let anyone join my world. I try and assume the best in players but when something bad happens from a random player, its all of a sudden my fault for giving people the benefit of the doubt. No wonder gamers get such a bad rap.
#7thisawesomedudePosted 7/21/2012 11:32:32 AM
My only rule right now is stay out of the top corner of my map. I'm leaving it blank for now to see if I can generate a biome when the update comes out. Oh and and no gold or diamond houses ;-)
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#8SILKAPosted 7/21/2012 3:06:16 PM
Also no mining or building cuss words in other people's worlds without permission.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#9BoxTheMuppetPosted 7/21/2012 3:11:02 PM
People act like its too much to ask others to be considerate. Good rules.
#10Xero_StarrePosted 7/21/2012 3:39:26 PM
My only rule for my worlds is don't destroy anything someone else built without permission first. I put a lot of time and effort to try to make my house in each world, and so do the others who have played my worlds.
---
GT: ECS Daemon