Does a program like MCEdit exist for the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Does a program like MCEdit exist for the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?
3 years ago#1
And if not, is there any faster way to quickly edit blocks like you do on MCEdit, on this version of the game, using Modio or Horizon to extract the world onto a computer from a flash drive? I have a big 143x103 hole starting at layer 70 and I want to destroy everything inside it all the way to Bedrock. It would obviously be so much easier if I could just plop the map into MCEdit or some other program, highlight the portion, and press "delete."
3 years ago#2
Perhaps a question best asked before embarking on such a massive project, but I believe the answer is no. At least not yet. There are inventory editors, but I haven't heard of a terrain editor yet.
3 years ago#3
The_Boredoms posted...
Perhaps a question best asked before embarking on such a massive project, but I believe the answer is no. At least not yet. There are inventory editors, but I haven't heard of a terrain editor yet.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
3 years ago#4
Dillmaci posted...
The_Boredoms posted...

!
3 years ago#5
The answer is simple.... TNT. And lots of it.
---
Not changing this sig until I see a pig, creeper, other player, or myself get struck by lightning in MC.
XBL: DoubleUTeeEfff (14, not a "squeaker")
3 years ago#6
^That's what I've been doing, I've done the math and it's going to take me well over 110,000 TNT. :(
3 years ago#7
It really depends if 4J supports mods or not.

They're supporting character skins like they said they would. They had an order saying that they'd work on skins, texture packs and mods, in that order. So, we'll see.
---
I'm not fat... I'm just a little Husky.
http://i.imgur.com/vqlO1.jpg
3 years ago#8
X3RO_THE0RY posted...

They're supporting character skins like they said they would. They had an order saying that they'd work on skins, texture packs and mods, in that order. So, we'll see.

It doesn't even have to be an official mod though. We already have MDEdit for the PC, so in theory all someone would need to do would be to take the source code or w/e for that program and change it to be compatible with the Xbox 360 version save type, which is apparently very similar to the PC Minecraft world save type. To edit the world, you'd just have to get the 360 version's world on a flash drive and transfer it to the PC, open it in MC360Edit, and edit away.

If I had the time and the technical know-how, I'd definitely do it, and I'm surprised Minecraft fanatics haven't done this already.
3 years ago#9
I don't know if it's really that easy, since Minecraft on the PC runs on Java and Minecraft on the Xbox 360 runs on C+++.
---
I'm not fat... I'm just a little Husky.
http://i.imgur.com/vqlO1.jpg
3 years ago#10
Kyle1022 posted...
X3RO_THE0RY posted...

It doesn't even have to be an official mod though. We already have MDEdit for the PC, so in theory all someone would need to do would be to take the source code or w/e for that program and change it to be compatible with the Xbox 360 version save type, which is apparently very similar to the PC Minecraft world save type. To edit the world, you'd just have to get the 360 version's world on a flash drive and transfer it to the PC, open it in MC360Edit, and edit away.

If I had the time and the technical know-how, I'd definitely do it, and I'm surprised Minecraft fanatics haven't done this already.

That's....not how porting works.....You can't just...I mean....Agh.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Try playing local Mario kart without punching your friends in the face. That series is pretty damn rage inducing.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Does a program like MCEdit exist for the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived