Does a program like MCEdit exist for the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?

#1Kyle1022Posted 8/1/2012 11:11:15 PM
And if not, is there any faster way to quickly edit blocks like you do on MCEdit, on this version of the game, using Modio or Horizon to extract the world onto a computer from a flash drive? I have a big 143x103 hole starting at layer 70 and I want to destroy everything inside it all the way to Bedrock. It would obviously be so much easier if I could just plop the map into MCEdit or some other program, highlight the portion, and press "delete."
#2The_BoredomsPosted 8/1/2012 11:19:44 PM
Perhaps a question best asked before embarking on such a massive project, but I believe the answer is no. At least not yet. There are inventory editors, but I haven't heard of a terrain editor yet.
#3DillmaciPosted 8/1/2012 11:22:46 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
Perhaps a question best asked before embarking on such a massive project, but I believe the answer is no. At least not yet. There are inventory editors, but I haven't heard of a terrain editor yet.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#4Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2012 11:24:13 PM
Dillmaci posted...
The_Boredoms posted...

!
#5DoubleUTeeEfffPosted 8/1/2012 11:39:57 PM
The answer is simple.... TNT. And lots of it.
---
Not changing this sig until I see a pig, creeper, other player, or myself get struck by lightning in MC.
XBL: DoubleUTeeEfff (14, not a "squeaker")
#6Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 12:27:29 AM
^That's what I've been doing, I've done the math and it's going to take me well over 110,000 TNT. :(
#7X3RO_THE0RYPosted 8/2/2012 12:52:35 AM
It really depends if 4J supports mods or not.

They're supporting character skins like they said they would. They had an order saying that they'd work on skins, texture packs and mods, in that order. So, we'll see.
---
I'm not fat... I'm just a little Husky.
http://i.imgur.com/vqlO1.jpg
#8Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 12:59:44 AM
X3RO_THE0RY posted...

They're supporting character skins like they said they would. They had an order saying that they'd work on skins, texture packs and mods, in that order. So, we'll see.

It doesn't even have to be an official mod though. We already have MDEdit for the PC, so in theory all someone would need to do would be to take the source code or w/e for that program and change it to be compatible with the Xbox 360 version save type, which is apparently very similar to the PC Minecraft world save type. To edit the world, you'd just have to get the 360 version's world on a flash drive and transfer it to the PC, open it in MC360Edit, and edit away.

If I had the time and the technical know-how, I'd definitely do it, and I'm surprised Minecraft fanatics haven't done this already.
#9X3RO_THE0RYPosted 8/2/2012 1:05:21 AM
I don't know if it's really that easy, since Minecraft on the PC runs on Java and Minecraft on the Xbox 360 runs on C+++.
---
I'm not fat... I'm just a little Husky.
http://i.imgur.com/vqlO1.jpg
#10MarbiaachPosted 8/2/2012 1:18:36 AM
Kyle1022 posted...
X3RO_THE0RY posted...

It doesn't even have to be an official mod though. We already have MDEdit for the PC, so in theory all someone would need to do would be to take the source code or w/e for that program and change it to be compatible with the Xbox 360 version save type, which is apparently very similar to the PC Minecraft world save type. To edit the world, you'd just have to get the 360 version's world on a flash drive and transfer it to the PC, open it in MC360Edit, and edit away.

If I had the time and the technical know-how, I'd definitely do it, and I'm surprised Minecraft fanatics haven't done this already.

That's....not how porting works.....You can't just...I mean....Agh.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Try playing local Mario kart without punching your friends in the face. That series is pretty damn rage inducing.