Help me find slimes, and Slime Facts & Myths.

#1MetaXGrossPosted 8/10/2012 12:29:39 AM
Okay, I don't understand how to use the Slime Finder, or what Slime Finder is the best one, so if I post my seed to my game, will someone tell me where they are at?

Also, what are some facts & myths about Slimes?
I've heard Slimes need Lava to spawn, and that they can spawn on Peaceful, but I'm not sure if those are facts or myths.

Thanks for the help, I just made a Slime Farm on a buddys world that is atleast 60 x 100+ and is 4 or 5 high up and we haven't seen any Slimes, so before I go through the trouble of making one on my world, I figuered it'd be easiar to find where Slimes would spawn then to make one.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#2MarbiaachPosted 8/10/2012 12:32:18 AM
MetaXGross posted...
Okay, I don't understand how to use the Slime Finder, or what Slime Finder is the best one, so if I post my seed to my game, will someone tell me where they are at?
Um, sure. What is your seed, and about where do you want to slime chunk to be? (Example: I want the slime chunk to be near X=500 and Z=278 ,something like that so I can find a slime chunk that is near you.)

Also, what are some facts & myths about Slimes?
I've heard Slimes need Lava to spawn, and that they can spawn on Peaceful, but I'm not sure if those are facts or myths.
Slimes do not need Lava to spawn, that is a myth. And some people have seen them spawn on peaceful, but much more rarely. So I'm undecided on that one.

Thanks for the help, I just made a Slime Farm on a buddys world that is atleast 60 x 100+ and is 4 or 5 high up and we haven't seen any Slimes, so before I go through the trouble of making one on my world, I figuered it'd be easiar to find where Slimes would spawn then to make one.

---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#3RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 8/10/2012 12:34:11 AM
Use the search bar and put in Slime. /topic
---
On GameFAQs it is okay to insult and belittle all races except for White people, then you get modded. True story.
#4MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 12:40:09 AM
Okay, I don't care where the Slime Chunk is, you can go ahead and just pick a chunk that seems most reliable I don't mind having to travel all over my world. Unless it really matters, then I'll give you the X & Y #'s.

but my seed is this, and i'll space it every 3 numbers to make it easiar to read:

-441 879 781 204 430 7668

I don't know if the "-"is needed, but yeah.

Thanks man for the help, and like I said, if I need to tell you the X & Y I will.
---
#5MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 12:43:17 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
Use the search bar and put in Slime. /topic

You can still add in Slime Myths & Facts for me, and other users to look at.

I feel more comfortable asking this, then to search for the problem when someone can just help me out directly.
---
#6MarbiaachPosted 8/10/2012 12:46:49 AM
You need to give me a coordinate for the slime chunk to be near. Remember, most slime apps are for the PC version. And since the PC version has infinite worlds ( 8x the size of the earth, but might as well say infinite.) it will continuously load chunks, and slime chunks. Since the Xbox version has limited worlds, you need to give me a coordinate in that world so I don't give you a coordinate that is passed the boundaries of the map.
---
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#7MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 1:00:33 AM(edited)
Marbiaach posted...
You need to give me a coordinate for the slime chunk to be near. Remember, most slime apps are for the PC version. And since the PC version has infinite worlds ( 8x the size of the earth, but might as well say infinite.) it will continuously load chunks, and slime chunks. Since the Xbox version has limited worlds, you need to give me a coordinate in that world so I don't give you a coordinate that is passed the boundaries of the map.

Okay, how about these ones:

X -380, Z -26

EDIT: If needed, the Y one was 73.
---
#8MarbiaachPosted 8/10/2012 1:11:55 AM
There are four slime chunks at

X=-336,

Z= 160

to

X=-304

Z=192.

If you are confused on how to read them, here's an example.

Since X=-336 and Z= 160 is an edge to the huge four slime chunks, and X= -304 and Z=192 is the other edge, the coordinates X= -320 and Z= 180 would be included in those slime chunks. You are pretty lucky, the coordinates I gave you are FOUR slime chunks next to each other, forming a huge square. If you go to below Y=16 you should find tons of slimes.

And seeds will change depending on whatever you put in the seed number. So, for example, the seed -403 would be very different from the seed 403.
---
#9MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 1:15:18 AM
Marbiaach posted...
There are four slime chunks at

X=-336,

Z= 160

to

X=-304

Z=192.

If you are confused on how to read them, here's an example.

Since X=-336 and Z= 160 is an edge to the huge four slime chunks, and X= -304 and Z=192 is the other edge, the coordinates X= -320 and Z= 180 would be included in those slime chunks. You are pretty lucky, the coordinates I gave you are FOUR slime chunks next to each other, forming a huge square. If you go to below Y=16 you should find tons of slimes.

And seeds will change depending on whatever you put in the seed number. So, for example, the seed -403 would be very different from the seed 403.

Okay, I'm not sure I understand it, but thank you for your help. I'll copy down the #'s, and I'm going to start heading over to those places,and maybe if one of my more educated friends comes online he can help me. But thank you a lot.
---
#10RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 8/10/2012 1:24:20 AM
Look at your map, there are coordinates on it. Let's say the slime chunk is on X:156 Y:13 Z:-102. Now using your map find where X:156 and Z:-102 meet. The Y coordinate is the height and at the surface you'll probably be on like 50 or something. Now since you are directly above the slime chunk start digging down to it then create your room from there.
---
On GameFAQs it is okay to insult and belittle all races except for White people, then you get modded. True story.