Cool redstone/piston creations

#1legendarysaiyPosted 8/10/2012 9:51:13 AM
Anybody have any really cool things they've created using redstone/pistons? I just finished making a hidden trap floor, and i want to check out other peoples creations. GT- El V3rdu60
---
Pokemon White FC: 1550-1104-6773
You're a dragonborn, not a polarbearborn.-whoTHAthugINthr
#2KaidanXainPosted 8/10/2012 9:53:14 AM
I built a staircase into a cliff using them.
---
Decapitation = De-animation
#3poopybritchesPosted 8/10/2012 10:50:27 AM
Self-reloading cannon, fires TNT and pushes new TNT blocks into place from below afterwards.

Only good for one reload at the moment, but I could probably expand it to work three or four times using extra pistons. After the reload you have to go and manually fill the reload chamber back up with TNT.
---
Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!
#4Purple_BenderPosted 8/10/2012 10:58:11 AM
poopybritches posted...
Self-reloading cannon, fires TNT and pushes new TNT blocks into place from below afterwards.

Only good for one reload at the moment, but I could probably expand it to work three or four times using extra pistons. After the reload you have to go and manually fill the reload chamber back up with TNT.

You made this in MC360? Props man, I wouldn't have the balls to make a cannon in survival.

But cannons are easily the single most enjoyable redstone mech. I recently made a double barreled shotgun cannon (in PC creative) that fires six sand blocks at a time. I could shoot that thing all day.

They can be very frustrating to build though. Different style cannons require different amounts of TnT charge to work just right. For my shotgun, I had to settle with only four blocks of TnT charge per barrel, compressed into the space of two blocks with a piston compressor. Any more charge than that, and the whole thing would explode, and I would have to redo the wiring. I think it was because I was firing multiple sand blocks, instead of a single block. I also made a single shot cannon that could be loaded with 6-7 charge blocks, and it could lob a sand block at least eight times as far as my shotgun.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#5BoxTheMuppetPosted 8/10/2012 10:58:56 AM
Made something so big it caused my game to almost crash. It's for the goonies thing I'm working on. I think I managed to fix it today. I hope. If not my back up idea isn't as sweet but it will work.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#6legendarysaiy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 11:08:22 AM
Heres a video of what i made, except i used a button instead of tripwire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHUZaKKaVE
---
Pokemon White FC: 1550-1104-6773
You're a dragonborn, not a polarbearborn.-whoTHAthugINthr
#7thisawesomedudePosted 8/10/2012 12:06:39 PM
A totally hidden base built under a mountain. I have a 7 piston door with self locking levers so when I'm inside and shut the entrance the lever is useless on the outside.
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#8thisawesomedudePosted 8/10/2012 12:17:16 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Made something so big it caused my game to almost crash. It's for the goonies thing I'm working on. I think I managed to fix it today. I hope. If not my back up idea isn't as sweet but it will work.

Its quite epic. Box almost broke out of the matrix.
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#9DrunkenJinPosted 8/10/2012 12:57:54 PM
For a auto TnT cannon how to you get it to blow up?
---
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
#10Pwnc4kesPosted 8/10/2012 2:37:31 PM
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I can't figure out redstone for the life of me.
---
Mega Man fan since 1989