we need user maps.

#1TuohPosted 8/16/2012 7:06:18 PM
When playing PC minecraft, you'll find amazing levels created by skilled builders that give new challenges to players. Super Hostile, Skybox, Desert Island, etc.

I think it'd be great if we were given the option to download these sorts of maps. Ever play Halo 3/Reach? Pretty much that.

My only worry is that 4J isn't some juggernaut like Bungie. Im not too sure of the cost.
---
PS3 Username: WafflesUniversal
hit me up some time.
#2riddlebox89Posted 8/17/2012 1:50:31 AM
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost too much to re-write the games code to allow people to copy the saves to a USB device and upload them on sites like this for others to use.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3mokmuudPosted 8/17/2012 2:27:48 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost too much to re-write the games code to allow people to copy the saves to a USB device and upload them on sites like this for others to use.

You can already do that but Microsoft will never allow it. The only way Microsoft will allow you to DL other people's maps is if it can be done from the game menu.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#4DiscernPosted 8/17/2012 3:18:48 AM
mokmuud posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

You can already do that but Microsoft will never allow it. The only way Microsoft will allow you to DL other people's maps is if it can be done from the game menu.

This. Xbox is like a child protective services kid in an abusive household
---
GT- Discern88
#5Tuoh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 4:01:07 AM
And thus why I'm worried for the cost. They're not dedicated servers or anything but that'd be a lot of data to upload and download.
---
hit me up some time.
#6Evil_SquidwardPosted 8/17/2012 4:52:59 AM
Now, before I say this, let me assure you that I am no programming genius, nor do I have much of a clue about this kind of thing, but...

It would be awesome if Minecraft had a system similar to Track Central from Trials Evo (if you don't know what it is, essentially it is a hub for user-created content. It is truly amazing, as people have made whole entire new games/genres within Trials.), but with the ability to download various worlds. Then, we could just upload saves to some.... system, (see, genius!) and then hopefully be able to download from hundreds of user-made custom saves. It could have a rating system, and a couple search options.

I dunno. Something similar to that would be really cool, IMO.
---
Gamertag: Marshalldilpkle -------- http://z-man-ga.deviantart.com/
The Groosenator is here, ladies and gentlecolts.
#7Tuoh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 7:10:46 PM
That's preeeety much the point of my thread.
---
hit me up some time.
#8BoxTheMuppetPosted 8/17/2012 8:27:19 PM
I approve of this thread...so far.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#9SPMcKinneyPosted 8/17/2012 8:44:45 PM
Would be nice if they would do that but like everything Microsoft would want money for it. O and found this a while back Skyblock ain't to hard to make (http://youtu.be/LQY47k1CoQg) this guy even adjusts it t work for xbox. Be sure to watch (http://youtu.be/rKIoi_Y7154) to see how to get grass on it.
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney