Is herobrine still in this game?

#1metroidfreakv4Posted 8/18/2012 12:02:47 PM
Since my other topic about 1.8 got so much hostility, just posting a pre warning. Horrible way to be welcomed to a board.
Anyway.
This is no trolling if this is common knowledge or anything.
I know the patch notes do say there isn't one anymore. But the comments on the loading screen hint that he might be, and my friend does have him being chased by him on his phone. I just started playing this game. I usually play on peaceful. Make a town (wind mills, farms, homes, mining facility, etc) then put it on hard so me and my friends can go monster spawner hunting.
We all don't know much about the game besides the basics. He said there is herobrine.
I also heard of slimes, enderman and enderdragons. What are these?
I heard to fight them you have to find a randomly generated underground city that is made of bedrock and obsisian. We've seen pictures of em, but we don't know of they were user made.

So if anyone can answer those without raging at me for not asking google, that'd be appreciated. Thank you :)
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Farther.....is this over?....
Farther:no my son....the raid resets next week..
#2DarthVashtiPosted 8/18/2012 12:12:30 PM(edited)
Herobrine was never in the game to begin with. He was made up. The fact that the patch notes says he was removed is nothing more than a joke and a carry over from the PC updates that Minecraft would receive. It would always say Herobrine removed even though he was never in the game in the first place. The closest thing we have to Herobrine is a Herobrine skin for players to use. Your friend is lying to you. They had another person use the Herobrine skin to make it look like he was being chased by Herobrine.
#3Aadrian1234Posted 8/18/2012 12:14:00 PM
Herobrine is a rumor that someone started when minecraft was in it's pre-alpha stages, and it became so big that Notch and Mojang started referencing him, making fun of him.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Herobrine
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth ; Borderlands 2. 9/18/12. Cant wait!
"Borderlands is like the crack of gaming" -Draconas_Lyrr
#4VOLCOM333Posted 8/18/2012 12:14:00 PM
Are you for real TC? Your next question gonna be when does this come out for PS3?
---
"Know your pro athletes before you try to spell their names please....(It's) McGuire" -- brewcrew125
#5Aadrian1234Posted 8/18/2012 12:15:32 PM
VOLCOM333 posted...
Are you for real TC? Your next question gonna be when does this come out for PS3?

You know that after the 2 year contract is over, it is possible for minecraft to be on the ps3, right?
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth ; Borderlands 2. 9/18/12. Cant wait!
"Borderlands is like the crack of gaming" -Draconas_Lyrr
#6VOLCOM333Posted 8/18/2012 12:34:42 PM
Except for the fact that next gen is right around the corner. So no, they will not waste time porting it to the ps3 in 2 years. Maybe some version on the ps4 eventually.
---
"Know your pro athletes before you try to spell their names please....(It's) McGuire" -- brewcrew125
#7gen0c1de420Posted 8/18/2012 12:41:02 PM
metroidfreakv4 posted...
Since my other topic about 1.8 got so much hostility, just posting a pre warning. Horrible way to be welcomed to a board.
Anyway.
This is no trolling if this is common knowledge or anything.
I know the patch notes do say there isn't one anymore. But the comments on the loading screen hint that he might be, and my friend does have him being chased by him on his phone. I just started playing this game. I usually play on peaceful. Make a town (wind mills, farms, homes, mining facility, etc) then put it on hard so me and my friends can go monster spawner hunting.
We all don't know much about the game besides the basics. He said there is herobrine.
I also heard of slimes, enderman and enderdragons. What are these?
I heard to fight them you have to find a randomly generated underground city that is made of bedrock and obsisian. We've seen pictures of em, but we don't know of they were user made.

So if anyone can answer those without raging at me for not asking google, that'd be appreciated. Thank you :)

To answer the rest of your ????'s in a respectable manner, enderman and the ender dragon are a part of "the end" portal world which can only be obtained thru the underground stronghold you talk of, but........It is not yet on the xbox 360, should be added in 1.8 maybe. There is a cool portal world you can get to now by making an obsidian frame 4 high and 4 wide, then set it on fire with a flint and steel, This takes you to "the nether" if you have not already heard of this, you did say you were new to this game and all. hope this helps.
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3
#8rincewind1990Posted 8/18/2012 1:04:55 PM
Just to add on to what gen0c1de420 said enderman and enderdragons don't yet exist in the 360 edition but slimes do. They are hostile enemies that look like green cubes with faces on them which bounce about and break into smaller slimes when you hit them. Once they get small enough they die and drop slimeballs which can be used to make sticky pistons.

If you want to find them they appear near bedrock in brightly lit areas in only certain parts of your world. There are hundreds of topics on how to find and how to farm them which could explain it better than I could so you can just type slimes in the search bar and pick one of the results at random.

Just as a side note the minecraft wiki is a good source of information if you want to avoid the board's hostility.
#9Private_NoobPosted 8/18/2012 1:22:37 PM
Herobrine is an Urban Myth. Any sane and logical person would know that Herobrine does not exist.
---
Arceus: "It's time to bring Humanity to JUSTICE!"
Haggard: "Oh yeah? Says YOU and what army?"
#10TerantatekPosted 8/18/2012 2:03:39 PM
Private_Noob posted...
Herobrine is an Urban Myth. Any sane and logical person would know that Herobrine does not exist.

*Vietnam Veteran Hippie Voice*
Naw man, YOU don't exist
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria