Mods/DLC?

#1VincentCeceliaPosted 8/21/2012 8:50:07 PM
I know it is early (seeing how 1.8 isn't out) but is there any info on mods?

I mean I know they take an extra amount of work and what not but maybe 4J can host a poll or something on their website and do the top favorites with the mod developers. The three that i want:

- Nexus
- Mo Creatures
- Tekkit

I would pay $7-10 per mod (they must work in splitscreen and online). This is DLC that would get me to move. I am not concerned with gamer pics or skins. Maybe include a mod launcher with an option each game to turn a mod on or off.

After MCXBOX360 catches up to the PC version, this could benext thing. Thoughts?
---
GT - VincentCecelia
#2Chuck_BosworthPosted 8/21/2012 9:04:36 PM
No info yet.

I don't think they'll ever fully catch up to the PC version, they might come close though (considering some big improvements will be PC focused only, like the mod API).

I don't know what Nexus is. I don't really care for Mo' Creatures, it's just too much, I like a few of them (birds especially). Tekkit is technically a collection of mods, right? I think it's pretty neat, I haven't tried it though.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#3GastroidPosted 8/21/2012 9:44:04 PM
The legal implications of Microsoft selling game mods on their marketplace are probably too great for it to be of any serious consideration, let alone the absolutely terrible things it would do to the community. Do you know why Notch stopped giving cloaks (capes) to people who gave him good suggestions? Because it rewarded people for all the wrong reasons, and dug into the ground anyone who wasn't heard. Add in a half-assed system where money is involved amongst, in the case of Tekkit alone, dozens of people and you have a community calamity in the making.
---
Mechroid Quanta
Quantum Mech-variant Android
#4MarbiaachPosted 8/21/2012 10:08:46 PM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...

I don't know what Nexus is. I don't really care for Mo' Creatures, it's just too much, I like a few of them (birds especially). Tekkit is technically a collection of mods, right? I think it's pretty neat, I haven't tried it though.

Nexus is...hm... well the closest thing I can compare it to is a Tower Defense game. Basically, you build your base, put down the block, and fight the hordes of monsters that attempt to kill you. They do get some other effects, like zombies being able to break down walls.

That is, if I'm not getting this mod confused with another mod.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#5VincentCecelia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 5:08:07 PM
Marbiaach posted...
Chuck_Bosworth posted...

Nexus is...hm... well the closest thing I can compare it to is a Tower Defense game. Basically, you build your base, put down the block, and fight the hordes of monsters that attempt to kill you. They do get some other effects, like zombies being able to break down walls.

That is, if I'm not getting this mod confused with another mod.

Thats correct. But you can choose when and where to place the Nexus block to start tower defense. In addition, pigmen can build bridges for the other mobs. I think it would be a neat game mode that allows you to really test those maps you spent hours on.
---
GT - VincentCecelia
#6VincentCecelia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 5:10:29 PM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
No info yet.

I don't think they'll ever fully catch up to the PC version, they might come close though (considering some big improvements will be PC focused only, like the mod API).

I can see how Mo' Creatures is a bit much but I expect to have options where you can turn off certain mobs. I just find it now during the day in MCXBOX360, it is a tad dry. Some more creatures (like birds, bears, sharks, etc) can at least make the world more natural since we are dealing with a smaller map.
---
GT - VincentCecelia
#7VincentCecelia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 5:16:15 PM
Gastroid posted...
The legal implications of Microsoft selling game mods on their marketplace are probably too great for it to be of any serious consideration, let alone the absolutely terrible things it would do to the community. Do you know why Notch stopped giving cloaks (capes) to people who gave him good suggestions? Because it rewarded people for all the wrong reasons, and dug into the ground anyone who wasn't heard. Add in a half-assed system where money is involved amongst, in the case of Tekkit alone, dozens of people and you have a community calamity in the making.

I didn't know Tekkit is a collection of mods. It just recently came to my attention. I just mentioned money because I know it isn't cheap nor free for devs to rewrite mods to fit in the world of MCXBO360 and at least they could be paid for their time. I am also aware that there is a great chance that this version will not match the PC version but we need something to keep it interesting.

And maybe the poll for mods was a bad idea but if mod creators felt like adding their mod to the Xbox version, do you think that is acceptable?
---
GT - VincentCecelia
#8DSplayer50Posted 8/22/2012 5:50:12 PM
How about instead of them porting mods over, 4J makes this version more unique in some other way. Since the intention was for it to be it's own game versus being a port. I'd be totally OK with texture packs but I don't care about mods.
---
GT=AlreadySoCold
Nik-1977-0647-5232-SML3D, Sonic:Generations, Mario Kart 7. Message me if you add me or you want to start a community on Mario Kart 7