Minecraft 360 never mean't to be treated as a 'real mine craft game'?

#31Mander1861Posted 8/24/2012 3:06:48 PM
LordNemesis420 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
LordNemesis420 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Lol at people thinking the xbox version will ever be better than the pc version. The xbox can't even handle infinite worlds, it will never have some of the features the pc version has.

Lol at people thinking the next version of the xbox won't be able to handle infinite worlds or any of the other updates available on the computer.

In fact, due to the ease of use and access, I predict the number of xbox MC players will eventually surpass the number of players on the PC

Dont quit your day job because you blow at predictions.

Lol. Yeah, I'll keep the day job for now.

There is a high demand for Xbox Minecraft prognosticators though. Look at all of the stupid threads asking when the next update will be released and what will it contain :-P

I was hoping to retire early.

Lol good point.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#32nickizgr8Posted 8/24/2012 4:18:10 PM
Mules50 posted...
No. I see this game as a better way to play Minecraft. I love playing with the controller and the crafting menu is SOOOOOOO much better than the manual one of the PC.

Just give them time to update their game and this will be better than the PC version. People have to remember that this was only a $20 game, 1/3 of what most new games cost.

This game will never be better than the pc version.

The PC version has alot of mods that will keep the game alive long after development has stopped. Seriously look around the board most people are just sat there wondering what to do now there bored with 1.7 (4 days after it hit) do you really think they will last that long after there will be no more updates?

The 360 version had to lower the size of the map from 3 billion wide and long to 1024 wide and long. Pretty big difference. This is so the game can run at a stable fps it might be improved and made bigger but with the extra stuff being added i doubt it. I see most people complaining that there spawning in worlds without biomes making it so they cannont collect certain blocks.

I would howerver like to hear why you think the 360 version will surpass the pc version. Controller does not count as you can easily connect a 360 controller to a PC and the crafting menu doesn't count as you can get a Mod which makes it similar to the 360 crafting menu (where do you think they got the idea for the 360 crafting)
#33DarthTwitchPosted 8/24/2012 4:32:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34Purple_BenderPosted 8/24/2012 4:36:29 PM
I don't understand, can you not see the moon and stars on your 360? Cause I see them perfectly fine....
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#35Mules50Posted 8/25/2012 7:47:26 PM
Quote:Mules50 posted...
No. I see this game as a better way to play Minecraft. I love playing with the controller and the crafting menu is SOOOOOOO much better than the manual one of the PC.

Just give them time to update their game and this will be better than the PC version. People have to remember that this was only a $20 game, 1/3 of what most new games cost.

This game will never be better than the pc version.

The PC version has alot of mods that will keep the game alive long after development has stopped. Seriously look around the board most people are just sat there wondering what to do now there bored with 1.7 (4 days after it hit) do you really think they will last that long after there will be no more updates?

The 360 version had to lower the size of the map from 3 billion wide and long to 1024 wide and long. Pretty big difference. This is so the game can run at a stable fps it might be improved and made bigger but with the extra stuff being added i doubt it. I see most people complaining that there spawning in worlds without biomes making it so they cannont collect certain blocks.

I would howerver like to hear why you think the 360 version will surpass the pc version. Controller does not count as you can easily connect a 360 controller to a PC and the crafting menu doesn't count as you can get a Mod which makes it similar to the 360 crafting menu (where do you think they got the idea for the 360 crafting)

@nickizgr8

The main reason is because it's a lot easier to fire up the XBOX and play MC then it is to:

1) find a computer that can run MC well enough
2) find, download, and install the Mods to make the game what it is on the XBOX
3) the fact that it is much easier to play with multiple people because of XBOX live

Also, the world size is not an issue with me. There is more than enough resources in the MC XBOX world to go around and WHEN they do increase world size, it will be more than enough. As far as the biomes go, that is part of the fun. Trying to locate a seed that include everything you need/want.
---
XBL Gamertag: FubarMules50
#36MarbiaachPosted 8/25/2012 8:10:42 PM(edited)
Mules50 posted...

1) find a computer that can run MC well enough
2) find, download, and install the Mods to make the game what it is on the XBOX
3) the fact that it is much easier to play with multiple people because of XBOX live

Let me argue these points a bit.

1.) This is a very common reason as to why people don't want to play on PC. Even though it can be easily fixed, and most computers actually will run it well, even with a bit of support. Mods like Optifine, and updating your LWJGL work wonders for making Minecraft run much better.

It's not like these are hard to do either, you can find many tutorials on youtube on how to do it, and, if you know what you're doing, it can take as little as 30 seconds. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need a super computer to run MC well. It really runs fine on most older computers, and again, these two things aren't hard to do. Laptops are the only thing that could cause MC to not run at all, but you're doing something wrong if you're using a Laptop for gaming.

2.) This, I'll give to you to a certain extent. As you know, Xbox is an older version of Minecraft. Really the two things that people might want are the ability to use controllers (Which you can easily do with certain programs.) and the changed way of crafting.(Again, simple mods that take less than 30 seconds to install. Some even have their own automatic installers.) Most people want nothing more than that, and certainly don't want to mod all the way back to how the Xbox version is.

3.) This is a lie. Instead of having to add people into your (limited) friends list, you are able to connect to any server from all around the world, without needing to know who the people are, just the IP. A simple google search will link you to thousands of servers, and the Minecraft Forums will link you to thousands more. Plus, MC on the PC has a much bigger server size. Some servers are as big as 1,000 people. While some are as small as 15. The host of the server does not need to be online to allow people to join, and can close and open the server at will. The host can also change things within the server, without the need of being online.Plug-ins prevent griefing,allow for actual towns, an actual economy, and so much more.

That said, I do wish that MC on PC had some sort of Friends List, so I can visit some of my friends on their servers, or join some of my favorite users in their servers.

And this is coming from someone who has played, and loved, nearly every version of Minecraft. (PC, Xbox, and Pocket. Even though I don't own the latter.)
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#37bassbx891Posted 8/25/2012 8:14:16 PM
spraynardtatum posted...
Marbiaach posted...
LordNemesis420 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Lol at people thinking the xbox version will ever be better than the pc version. The xbox can't even handle infinite worlds, it will never have some of the features the pc version has.

Lol at people thinking the next version of the xbox won't be able to handle infinite worlds or any of the other updates available on the computer.

In fact, due to the ease of use and access, I predict the number of xbox MC players will eventually surpass the number of players on the PC

I doubt that. PC has almost 40 million registered users, and over 7 million bought the game. Those numbers increase by the minute.

And, Xbox won't be able to handle infinite (Or, actually 8x the size of the earth) worlds. Sure, a bigger world size is plausible, but not infinite to any stretch of the imagination.

I wouldn't know what to do with something that was the actual size of the earth. That just blows my mind. At that point you need planes and fast travel.

technically we have fast travel. least thats what i use the nether for
---
they need alexisonfire in rock band
random sig stuff
#38EmoxGrenadePosted 8/25/2012 8:16:47 PM
bassbx891 posted...
spraynardtatum posted...
Marbiaach posted...
LordNemesis420 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

I doubt that. PC has almost 40 million registered users, and over 7 million bought the game. Those numbers increase by the minute.

And, Xbox won't be able to handle infinite (Or, actually 8x the size of the earth) worlds. Sure, a bigger world size is plausible, but not infinite to any stretch of the imagination.

I wouldn't know what to do with something that was the actual size of the earth. That just blows my mind. At that point you need planes and fast travel.

technically we have fast travel. least thats what i use the nether for

Yep. Although, good luck building an actual passage from one place to the other, without getting blown off by a Ghast, or set on fire by a Blaze. (...Spoilers? New Nether mob. Not sure if you can really count anything as spoilers in MC.)
#39EmoxGrenadePosted 8/25/2012 9:26:58 PM
EmoxGrenade posted...

Yep. Although, good luck building an actual passage from one place to the other, without getting blown off by a Ghast, or set on fire by a Blaze. (...Spoilers? New Nether mob. Not sure if you can really count anything as spoilers in MC.)

In hindsight, this isn't much of a problem. Unless you are in the open part of the nether, and near a Fortress.
#40Smackdowner1Posted 8/25/2012 9:51:16 PM
I don't consider PC games real video games, so for me Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is the only Minecraft video game.
---
''Peace'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012