1.8.2 is never coming out.

#113CDEDPosted 9/10/2012 5:09:17 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
I'm playing as Axton. Double bubble turrets are going to be hella fun. Who you gonna be?
(not the wrong board, I gave up on 1.8 a month ago.)

is that out yet? i haven't payed attention
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0025/iyTT224570.jpg
#12BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/10/2012 5:10:25 PM
3CDED posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
I'm playing as Axton. Double bubble turrets are going to be hella fun. Who you gonna be?
(not the wrong board, I gave up on 1.8 a month ago.)

is that out yet? i haven't payed attention

The 18th. They have the skill trees up on the sight though so you can spec your character out.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#13kingekingePosted 9/10/2012 5:15:33 PM
3CDED posted...
WBH420 posted...
It's not like you need a super computer to run PC Minecraft either.

my computer cannot run Need for speed 3

Need for speed 3 was made in 1998

How the F*** is it gonna run Minecraft?

A $2 PC could run Need For Speed 3, are you sure you aren't using a type writer?
#14BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/10/2012 5:17:23 PM
kingekinge posted...
3CDED posted...
WBH420 posted...
It's not like you need a super computer to run PC Minecraft either.

my computer cannot run Need for speed 3

Need for speed 3 was made in 1998

How the F*** is it gonna run Minecraft?

A $2 PC could run Need For Speed 3, are you sure you aren't using a type writer?

^ made me lol.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#15Maxx_the_SlashPosted 9/10/2012 7:01:34 PM
What? The tweet says they're considering releasing an update BETWEEN 1.8.2 and 1.2.3, not skipping an update. They want to reduce the wait between updated by releasing an extra one between 2.

If, say, an update is coming and there's 6 weeks until the next one after that, this tweet says that they're going to release an update between the two of those, which means we wait 3 weeks between each of those, but that doesn't mean that first upcoming update wont happen.

All it means is there may be less features added to each individual update, but we get the updates sooner.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#16GamingFoolDanPosted 9/10/2012 8:38:01 PM
giosclone posted...
https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/244752546089037824

expect a different update instead.

Uhm Im pretty sure you misunderstood what 4J posted. I think they mean they are doing the 1.8.2 update (although personally like many other I have given up on waiting for it and will just believe it when i see it actually happen). Then, now here's where you might have gotten confused, the original plan was probably to goto 1.2.3 after the 1.8.2 update but since 1.8.2 is taking longer than expected, they are going to release an update after 1.8.2 to hold their crazed fans over till 1.2.3 just in case it takes as long as this one. But then again I could be the one who is misunderstanding 4J and now I sound like a Jack ***
#17decepticondevilPosted 9/10/2012 8:52:50 PM
Minecraft ran pretty choppy on my laptop, but I heard it runs better if you can install the 64 bit version of Java. So I did, then went to try the demo to see if it ran any better. It didn't. Then I realized it wasn't running it in the 64 bit Java... because Firefox doesn't have an official 64 bit browser. So, I booted up IE 64 bit. Started the game up and it did run much smoother... definitely playable, even though I find controlling movement with the keyboard uncomfortable compared to a controller.

So, I have Minecraft running relatively smooth. Awesome. Start playing... but the menu is constantly popping up when I left click, which is annoying as hell and making the game almost unplayable. Do a bit of searching online... some people say to try restarting the computer. Ok. I restarted. Made it better for a bit, but then it started again and got worse than ever. Some people say to roll back to an older version of Java. Ok so let me.... wait, you know what? **** it.

No, seriously... **** it.

This is the kind of thing that makes me hate gaming on the PC. Sure, you get mods and everything, but, honestly? If I want to play a game on my Xbox or PS3 I buy the game, put it in, and play it. If I wanna play Minecraft on my Xbox, I go to my "Pins", hit "A", play Minecraft. Simple. No messing with it for an hour, troubleshooting online, seeing what drivers I need updated, finding out "X" is incompatible with "Y", dealing with DRMs that make it easier to play a pirated version than a purchased one half the time, etc, etc, etc.

So yeah, I'll stick with my inferior version of Minecraft on the Xbox
#18MarbiaachPosted 9/10/2012 9:30:58 PM(edited)
Or, you know, you could actually buy the game instead of trying the (buggy) demo version, where you will only have to double-click to open Minecraft. As easy as opening the internet browser you used to type that entire message. It's not like installing Mods or Texture packs are hard either, First time you do it, Maybe 15 minutes to do, Second time, 5 minutes, Third time, 1 minute or less. Hell, some of them even come with their own installers, so all you have to do is click and sit back.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#19kinggoldfingerPosted 9/10/2012 9:19:12 PM
decepticondevil posted...
Minecraft ran pretty choppy on my laptop, but I heard it runs better if you can install the 64 bit version of Java. So I did, then went to try the demo to see if it ran any better. It didn't. Then I realized it wasn't running it in the 64 bit Java... because Firefox doesn't have an official 64 bit browser. So, I booted up IE 64 bit. Started the game up and it did run much smoother... definitely playable, even though I find controlling movement with the keyboard uncomfortable compared to a controller.

So, I have Minecraft running relatively smooth. Awesome. Start playing... but the menu is constantly popping up when I left click, which is annoying as hell and making the game almost unplayable. Do a bit of searching online... some people say to try restarting the computer. Ok. I restarted. Made it better for a bit, but then it started again and got worse than ever. Some people say to roll back to an older version of Java. Ok so let me.... wait, you know what? **** it.

No, seriously... **** it.

This is the kind of thing that makes me hate gaming on the PC. Sure, you get mods and everything, but, honestly? If I want to play a game on my Xbox or PS3 I buy the game, put it in, and play it. If I wanna play Minecraft on my Xbox, I go to my "Pins", hit "A", play Minecraft. Simple. No messing with it for an hour, troubleshooting online, seeing what drivers I need updated, finding out "X" is incompatible with "Y", dealing with DRMs that make it easier to play a pirated version than a purchased one half the time, etc, etc, etc.

So yeah, I'll stick with my inferior version of Minecraft on the Xbox

The only computer game I ever bough was Everquest... and I never played it. I just saw a video on Tekkit though, and it looks really cool... :(
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#20bantha_fodder50Posted 9/10/2012 9:42:39 PM
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
Um. Perhaps I'm missing something, but that link doesn't say anything about 1.8.2 never coming out. It says they might release an update between 1.8.2 and 1.2.3. That means they'd have to release 1.8.2.

This also. Jump to conclusions much, TC?
---
If they don't kill you, they make you stronger. But usually they kill you.
RIP My Xbox 360, 2007-2010.