NPC Villages question.

#1richisdisturbedPosted 9/17/2012 5:57:03 AM
Does 1.8 bring with it villages & villagers or just the villages? I thought it was both but recently heard that villagers were in the update after...
---
Gamertag - richisdisturbed
http://soundcloud.com/richisdisturbed
#2Brass_EyePosted 9/17/2012 6:06:23 AM
I would imagine both would come at the same time. Pretty pointless to have villages without NPCs but then again I haven't played the PC version since before they got added.
---
I'm talking nonce-sense!
#3LoneReaper115Posted 9/17/2012 6:12:55 AM
I think villagers came in a later update on the PC, but villages came with 1.8. But this could be one thing they are bringing forward to our version. At the same time, if it were, wouldn't they have added them into the screenshots or videos with the endermen and other mobs? I believe also that villagers can only spawn in certain "villager chunks" of the map similar to slimes. So you might not have to worry about them stealing your house, unless you built it in a villager chunk.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets?
Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
#4OblivionManiacPosted 9/17/2012 6:15:37 AM
No one Really knows yet, but most likely they will add villagers. The reason why I think this is because they decided not to add the Xp bar in this update as it would be useless (no enchanting). From the screenshots they show some npc villages so most likely they'll push forward the villagers....if not that would be just pointless to add the villages

That would be like I said I'll give you a free large pizza but only send you the box with a note in it that says "You'll get the rest next time"
---
Gamertag: Xasther
#5Chuck_BosworthPosted 9/17/2012 7:00:00 AM
A counter point would be that villages with villagers before 1.2 or 1.3 were as good as empty, because IMO they were.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#6nickizgr8Posted 9/17/2012 7:02:46 AM
Villages were added in 1.8 beta
Villagers were added in 1.0 release
Villagers had no use until 1.3 release
#7richisdisturbed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 7:43:43 AM
nickizgr8 posted...

Villagers will have a use if brought with 1.8 though... I can punch them in the face as I burn down there village for invading my land! :D
---
#8RedJacket200Posted 9/17/2012 7:46:15 AM
Has 4j said anything about villagers? I know they sid they are bringing NPC Villages/Strong Holds over, but nothing about actual Villagers.

It would only be right to bring Villagers with the Villages, but you never know.
---
Force Recon -- Penetrates Deeper, Takes Longer And Carries A Bigger Load
#9richisdisturbed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:36:29 AM
RedJacket200 posted...
Has 4j said anything about villagers? I know they sid they are bringing NPC Villages/Strong Holds over, but nothing about actual Villagers.

It would only be right to bring Villagers with the Villages, but you never know.

Nope 4J haven't mentioned villagers at all, but have mentioned bringing things forward to 1.8, plus add the fact they took out XP as it was useless. Wouldn't villages be useless without villagers?

I've tweeted 'em asking this question anyway. I don't hold much hope for a reply but maybe if more people asked the same question.. LET'S START THE REVOLUTION!!!
---
#10TheHunger82Posted 9/17/2012 9:29:24 AM
richisdisturbed posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Villagers will have a use if brought with 1.8 though... I can punch them in the face as I burn down there village for invading my land! :D

I just choked on a Space Raider after reading that! Thanks.
---
And as he faced the sun he cast no shadow