So what is adventure mode?

#1GeistPosted 9/19/2012 7:11:48 AM
I thought it would include exp and enchanting, but since it does not what is it?
---
WRPG>Action>RTS>FPS>Racing>P&C>Sports>JRPG
#2hopposaiPosted 9/19/2012 7:16:41 AM
as i understand it, guests can't interact in your world. no more digging through mazes.

but to be honest, i'm not really sure. so i could be entirely wrong.
#3forgotten0285Posted 9/19/2012 8:57:49 AM
no placing or breaking blocks.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#4nickizgr8Posted 9/19/2012 9:31:55 AM
Your confusing adventure "mode" with the adventure "update"
#5Purple_BenderPosted 9/19/2012 11:22:28 AM
Adventure Mode: A brand new gamemode (such as creative and survival) which has been only partially implemented into the PC version so far, with the Release 1.3 set of updates. In this gamemode, players would be unable to break and build blocks, and would only be able to interact with certain objects in the world, such as chests, shops (in iConomy), crafting tables, etc. This is a mode geared towards "adventure maps", allowing players to "live" in a world and interact with the world, without being able to alter it.

Adventure UPDATE This is another name for the Beta Update 1.8, which we will be receiving on the 360 (in a slightly altered way) in at least 2-3 weeks. It included major alterations to map generation by including pre-generated structures such as mineshafts, ravines, and villages. Also, this update began to focus on an "End Game" quest for Minecraft.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#6GastroidPosted 9/19/2012 12:24:50 PM
Adventure Mode is still very much a work in progress on the PC version (the Command Block is still being refined, new commands being added, difficulties rebalanced), so don't expect it on the 360 version any time soon. And that's not counting issues like world sharing and commands that would need attention in order for the mode to even be compatible with this version.
---
The Creepin' Squid
First Mate Gastroid (Argh!)
#7Purple_BenderPosted 9/19/2012 12:31:27 PM
Gastroid posted...
Adventure Mode is still very much a work in progress on the PC version (the Command Block is still being refined, new commands being added, difficulties rebalanced), so don't expect it on the 360 version any time soon. And that's not counting issues like world sharing and commands that would need attention in order for the mode to even be compatible with this version.

I wouldn't expect Adventure Mode on MC360 at all. It's far too complicated to configure, requiring commands which we know will never be made available to us. I can only think of maybe one game in 10 years of Xbox that has allowed players access to some sort of "command" system.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#8GastroidPosted 9/19/2012 12:37:57 PM
I agree, for the most part. It's hard to conceptualize something like the mass amounts of filesharing like on the PC version that allow for Adventure Mode to even exist (and with a very healthy existance).

As far as console commands, though, it wouldn't be too far fetched that sometime in the future hosts would have access to some type of console menu, simplified like the crafting system. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for those running maps.
---
The Creepin' Squid
First Mate Gastroid (Argh!)