Who else is upset the 1.8 update isn't out yet?

#41SuperAfroBoyPosted 9/24/2012 12:33:11 PM
W0NG_FAI_HUNG posted...
Gastroid posted...
These updates are included in the price of the game.

Please point out to me where in the purchase agreement that updates were guaranteed, and were specifically stated to be a part of the purchased product.

Minecraft in all its forms has always been paid for as-is. Every since Creative, you've purchased Minecraft at that version it currently is, with absolutely no legal guarantee of continual updates to you, the end user. 4J's dealings with Mojang and Microsoft aside, updates are in no way a factor in the $20 cost.

Please point out to me one update that was not free for any Xbox 360 game.

Well, these "updates" are adding content, not just fixing bugs and such. Would you like me to point out other games that charge for downloading updates that add content?
---
I had a vasectomy.
#42gamingratPosted 9/24/2012 12:33:38 PM
I got tired of waiting so i went to the PC version and now have a massive castle in the sky with a airship with 10 tnt cannons, 10 arrow machine guns, and the bottom of the ship has about 17 holes that releases about 153 pieces of TNT witht the flip of one switch
#43yoshifan1Posted 9/24/2012 1:38:40 PM
I'll take a working update that takes a while to come out than a Bethesda-quality update any day.
---
http://www.lostfacts.net/boards/index.php - Come on down and have some fun!
http://www.appletland.com/appletboardsalpha - Yet another spinoff
#44naturesgodPosted 9/24/2012 3:54:21 PM
its funny all the people that are crying because the update isnt out yet but when it comes they will also be the first to ask when the next update will come out.
#45Billy-De-KidPosted 9/24/2012 4:27:47 PM
-_- .......................... I don't think you deserve the update TC......... Actin' like a spoiled kid who didn't get corn with his peas........
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#46vega2505Posted 9/24/2012 4:38:56 PM
GamingFoolDan posted...
vega2505 posted...
The game was fine for awhile...it kept getting little updates over time...but now...the last new thing we got was a skin pack...and that was in August. Been a huge content drought and they need to hurry the hell up already.

So 1-2 months = content drought. I disagree strongly it sounds alot more like spoiled boy syndrome to me. Not a troll on you or the community personally just all of humanities general greediness and impatience.

It would be different if this were a normal game...but what we're dealing with here is an inferior port content-wise that needs to be updated...and the longer it takes the more advanced the PC version gets and the more this one stays the same...so it's annoying as hell just sitting around waiting for this version to be complete.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#47phillipollPosted 9/24/2012 4:50:40 PM
Boo

Hoo.
---
You can't play most of this game without an expansion pak! ... I ashoom you have one?
#48SuperAfroBoyPosted 9/24/2012 4:55:53 PM
vega2505 posted...
GamingFoolDan posted...
vega2505 posted...
The game was fine for awhile...it kept getting little updates over time...but now...the last new thing we got was a skin pack...and that was in August. Been a huge content drought and they need to hurry the hell up already.

So 1-2 months = content drought. I disagree strongly it sounds alot more like spoiled boy syndrome to me. Not a troll on you or the community personally just all of humanities general greediness and impatience.

It would be different if this were a normal game...but what we're dealing with here is an inferior port content-wise that needs to be updated...and the longer it takes the more advanced the PC version gets and the more this one stays the same...so it's annoying as hell just sitting around waiting for this version to be complete.

IIRC, it's moving a lot faster than the PC updates did.
---
I had a vasectomy.
#49ace68128Posted 9/24/2012 5:02:41 PM
vega2505 posted...
GamingFoolDan posted...
vega2505 posted...

if im not mistaken its been said a few times before that this wasnt a port and that it was going to be its own game. so there goes your first argument. to strike down your second argument, this will never be equal to pc version, due to....well read my first statement. some things just arent possible on xbox that are on pc. get over it.

im sick of hearing everyone complain about this release taking so long. im not in the game industry but i did coding in high school. im sure its not easy taking one version of code and rewriting it into another version (ex: java to c++). heck its hard enough to just code to begin with. just be patient go play something else until the update. thats what im doin.

tl:dr when 4j decides to let loose the update rejoice....otherwise just shut the heck up.
---
Gt- Naked Carr0t
#50DarkSamurai2004Posted 9/24/2012 7:15:07 PM
One thing everyone forgets, mostly because I'm apparently the only Penny Arcade fan here, is that we get unlimited free updates. 4J and Mojang can give us EVERYTHING for free, and Microsoft can't do jack about it. We only pay for skin packs so MS can feel like it's getting a cut aside from the initial $20.

If I hadn't deleted my history, I'd source it up with a link. But those words came directly out of Notch's mouth, directed at Ben Kuchera and posted for our reading pleasure. So I'm not gonna complain about the update, because Mojang are legal wizards and could maybe buy our houses out from under us and we say "thanks" to them.
---
Work-In-Progress old school RPG on X360&PS3, check it out and like/share please so it can be noticed and made!
www.facebook.com/ShadeHandofFate