Growing Melons/

#1RedJacket200Posted 10/19/2012 7:51:54 PM
So I have small garden with Melon seeds in them, but they never seem to grown into a Melon. They have water plenty of light, but they never grow past the branch that comes out of the grown and turns brown.
---
Force Recon -- Penetrates Deeper, Takes Longer And Carries A Bigger Load
#2GUNBLADE99Posted 10/19/2012 8:05:15 PM(edited)
You need a block of land next to them. The actual melon ends up on there once it's fully grown.

Edit: Here is a crappy picture of my melons. Not on right now so I can't take a better one. I just made a box of water on the inside of a where I planted the seeds, and an empty space on the outside. There are plenty of other methods, but I just like the way this looked. Check youtube if I didn't explain this well enough.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/GUNBLADE99/IMG_27451.jpg
---
I bet I have had some really signatures over the past 7 years.
#3RedJacket200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2012 8:05:44 PM
Thanks
---
Force Recon -- Penetrates Deeper, Takes Longer And Carries A Bigger Load
#4andy78Posted 10/19/2012 8:08:19 PM
That's the same with pumpkins, you can't grow them like wheat, you have to make sure you there is an empty block beside the seed, so each melon and pumpkin will take up two spaces (not including water).
#5VoorheesLivesPosted 10/19/2012 8:13:40 PM
Here's how I made mine:

D=dirt
M=melon
W=water
DDDDDDDDD
MMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM
DDDDDDDDD
DDDDWDDDD
DDDDDDDDD
MMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM
DDDDDDDDD

This yields almost 3 full stacks of melon slices when harvested. I know the drawing didn't quite match up. It's 9X9 in size.
---
WWE is staged, scripted and rehearsed... Olympic wrestling is two guys in underwear getting uncomfortably close with each other. (Instag8or)