Bigger Maps

#11ZosKiaCultusPosted 10/27/2012 3:15:02 PM
PC splitscreen lol
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#12Tzuba12Posted 10/28/2012 12:38:55 AM
Pauken posted...
Honestly, there's tons of space on the map. It's not infinite, but it's more than enough. Also, personally in Minecraft on the PC I rarely ever cross the border of my first map once I get one, as I don't really like to lug around 20 maps just to know where the hell I am. I'd be more concerned about the limited world space if the size wasn't enough to create multiple towns/villages, which is not the case, as multiple towns/villages is totally doable within the 360 version.

What I'm more annoyed at, honestly, is that the PC version will likely never have split screen. 360 is superior there, by far, as it's a total pain in the ass to set up a LAN server, and even after setting up one it can't really recieve the benefits of the PC version aside from infinite map space and up-to-date features due to modding still being in its infancy for multiplayer. Being able to just hook up another controller to the 360 and begin playing Minecraft together is far better as of right now, and will likely remain that way until Mojang does something about making LAN servers more compatible with mods, or adds in split screen and controller support to the PC version.

You don't know what you're talking about. Setting up a lan server is piss easy. All you have to do is be on the same network, that's it. And any mod that works in single player will work in smp with lan. Along with any texture pack.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#13KingtebPosted 10/28/2012 2:52:28 AM
i found a awesome seed that is mostly all land with some rivers... this is a great seed for people that dont like vasts amounts of ocean . it also has mountains that go up past the clouds the seed is "there is only SACROSANCT" without the quotation marks, let me know what you think
#14-Tiger-Jackson-Posted 10/28/2012 7:50:41 AM
Kingteb posted...
i found a awesome seed that is mostly all land with some rivers... this is a great seed for people that dont like vasts amounts of ocean . it also has mountains that go up past the clouds the seed is "there is only SACROSANCT" without the quotation marks, let me know what you think

Ok
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
#15JiminipPosted 10/29/2012 12:55:07 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
Jiminip posted...
Problem with the XboX is some people have crappy HD so they literally can't make a bigger world. Can you imagine the uproar if they were to release an update for people with 120GB+ HD and not for everyone else?

Who cares bout the people who can only afford 5 gigs? amirirte?

Harsh, but true.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#16JiminipPosted 11/1/2012 12:52:06 AM
Hey piddlebox, you going to respond to your spurious comments or are you just going to ignore this topic?
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#17LooseBowelPosted 11/1/2012 2:18:11 AM
On PC whenever I create a new map I like to make a boat and sail off somewhere until I find something fascinating.

What I like about Xbox better is that I can play with friends without having to resort to finding some crap server with annoying mods and kids begging for diamond. (Not moderators.)
---
PSN: Sprotret GT: Sprotret
#18jerkman21Posted 11/1/2012 5:26:09 AM
actually i dont think harddrive matters i mean look at fortresscraft or xenominer they both are infinite worlds and they are only indie games wich should make minecraft devs look pretty small lmao
---
SN1P3R
#19Ryguy226Posted 11/2/2012 3:50:28 AM
It's not a matter of harddrive space, it's RAM and how much of the world they can load and show while consistently having 60 frames per second, they've gone over this before when the game was first released on Xbox.

Right now, the only option that can be viable for them to do to make the world larger and keep the frame rate the same would be to have PC normal level fog. That would mean you wouldn't be able to see that far away like you can now, but it would allow the game to have a larger game world as well as a speedy frame rate.

Frankly, me thinks there should be at least an option in that case, but so far I'm not having that much issue with the size of the world, it only becomes problematic when I have a bunch of friends on at the same time, we end up exploring a large majority of all the cave systems eventually, which takes the fun out of the game for a while.
#20ZeratulthekingPosted 11/2/2012 6:42:16 AM
Ryguy226 posted...
It's not a matter of harddrive space, it's RAM and how much of the world they can load and show while consistently having 60 frames per second, they've gone over this before when the game was first released on Xbox.

Right now, the only option that can be viable for them to do to make the world larger and keep the frame rate the same would be to have PC normal level fog. That would mean you wouldn't be able to see that far away like you can now, but it would allow the game to have a larger game world as well as a speedy frame rate.

Frankly, me thinks there should be at least an option in that case, but so far I'm not having that much issue with the size of the world, it only becomes problematic when I have a bunch of friends on at the same time, we end up exploring a large majority of all the cave systems eventually, which takes the fun out of the game for a while.

The thing is if it was RAM they would limit how much you see at one time, which they already did. The amount of space in a world is relative the the hard drive space and not RAM. Because at any given time you have only loaded a certain amount of space as you explore no matter where you are. As you move you deallocate some space and allocate new space from the hard drive.

I think it is more of trying to cater to the arcade version of xbox as it is an arcade release I believe. So you can't exclude people based on this.

I would think a better option would be include the option and only make it available for pepole with bigger HDs that way the arcade xbox versions can still play minecraft just not an infnite world.