Will all worlds have nether fortresses?

#1imthestuntmanPosted 12/19/2012 11:28:51 AM
I found a perfect world for survival and have been exploring it in creative. It has everything i wanted then i decided to see if there were any nether fortresses. after thoroughly exploring the nether and using a ton of tnt to blow up a good deal of it ive had no success finding any.

just wondering if this is because im not finding them or because there arent any in the world...

if anyone has a sort of nether fortress finder i could try or any tips that would also be appreciated
#2Hawkeye485Posted 12/19/2012 11:30:45 AM
Nopers, it's a randomly generated structure, not every world will have one. As for finding them, I can't really give anything ^_^" But it's the only building that'll be in the Nether so... There's that :3
---
GT: EclipseRider485
#3imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:36:52 AM
thats what i was afraid of :/ it sucks not being guaranteed the ability to make potions. It seems like we should be guaranteed at least 1 per seed :(
#4ZosKiaCultusPosted 12/19/2012 11:49:57 AM
We definitely need a bit of an increase in map size to help boost our chances of finding stuff like this and biomes. Nothing crazy huge, but any increase would be nice.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#5Atomic_PorkchopPosted 12/19/2012 12:35:34 PM
Agreed, increased map size is a must. It's not challenging and I have very little fear when I can cruise across the map and make it just about anywhere when dusk hits in time.
#6GT5_Lover_JCPosted 12/21/2012 2:10:49 AM
I've always relied to simple seeds for my gaming in minecraft,and here's a good one!

just enter the seed 1 and when you'll get to the nether,there's a large fortress inside!! :3

Another good idea to find these fortresses is to go on creative mode,create a nether portal on the start,then explore the nether.

If there's none,you can always alter one of your seeds' number and do the same,until there's one.

Once you'll find one,create the same map (same seed) then go on survival,and you're ready for some super awesomeness!! ^^

Hope that'll help! :D
---
I like GT5 mainly,but i also play lots of other games,including it's rival Forza,which i think is equally as awesome. I love racing,FPS,RPG,and SRPG games! :D
#7Talon5967Posted 12/21/2012 2:27:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Talon5967Posted 12/21/2012 3:34:34 AM
Nevermind. Third times a charm. And considering the size of the fortress the third attempt found, there's no way the first one had one. Way too much open area to hide it. Now to just find a stronghold. On a map that's half water, so no ravines to help the search.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#9guitarman169420Posted 12/21/2012 9:56:31 AM
Talon5967 posted...
Is there a tool that would help with finding a Nether Fortress, like the slime finder tools? I really don't want to give up on my current world. I went all over the Nether using creative mode, but haven't found anything.

What I did before I started my survival world was start a new world in creative mode. I flew around the map to make sure it had everything I wanted first. Then I built a nether portal and flew around the nether until I saw a nether fortress and blaze spawner. This takes about 5 minutes. Then when you find what you're looking for, you just write down the seed and make a new world in survival.

You can do this in reverse for your needs by starting a new world in creative, building a nether portal, and flying around to try and find a fortress.
---
X-Box 360 Gamertag - Guiitar Man
Currently Playing: Minecraft:360, Left 4 Dead 2, CoD: Black Ops
#10Talon5967Posted 12/21/2012 11:01:03 AM
guitarman169420 posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Is there a tool that would help with finding a Nether Fortress, like the slime finder tools? I really don't want to give up on my current world. I went all over the Nether using creative mode, but haven't found anything.

What I did before I started my survival world was start a new world in creative mode. I flew around the map to make sure it had everything I wanted first. Then I built a nether portal and flew around the nether until I saw a nether fortress and blaze spawner. This takes about 5 minutes. Then when you find what you're looking for, you just write down the seed and make a new world in survival.

You can do this in reverse for your needs by starting a new world in creative, building a nether portal, and flying around to try and find a fortress.

Yeah, like I said above, the first time I found a nether fortress I realized how easy they are to find. I've also figured out the easy way to find a stronghold: the ender eye (I forget exactly how it's worded). Always leads me to one. Now I just have to find a seed that has everything I want.

I had one that a huge nether fortress, but the stronghold I was lead to was the smallest of all the ones I've seen (it had an Ender Portal, but that was it). Another had a massive stronghold (bigger than all the previous ones put together), but no fortress. Every other seed has too few villages (I want at least three, preferably more), or has too much water.

The last one I tried almost covers all the requirements. Six villages, lots of land to work with, almost all biomes (as far as I know) except for mushroom, a gigantic stronghold, and a huge nether fortress. Only the fortress has no netherwart that I can find. And the stronghold looks like an earthquake hit it. Caves punch through in multiple locations. Some rooms are so messed up I'm not even sure what they were supposed to be. Though one of those caves does open it up to what appears to be a large mineshaft network.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega