Anyone Find a Good Seed with Confirmed Nether Fortress/End Portal?

#1SoulReaver626Posted 12/21/2012 4:34:00 AM
I got up bright and early the morning of the update, made a new world, played in it for quite a long time since then, finally was able to make a nether portal only to find that I had no Nether Fortress. I Also discovered that my world had no End Portal in my stronghold as well.

Since late last night, I've been constantly making new seeds, going into creative mode just to build a portal right away to see if there's a fortress in the nether, only to discover that they're REALLY rare. I've done over 14 new seeds and so far, only two have had fortresses. One had no blaze spawner or nether wart, the other was the ToNite! seed, which had a great fortress, but a really bad ratio of land to water and not enough biomes.

Seeing as how the nether fortresses are so rare, I don't feel like I'm cheating when I make a world in creative and check out the nether asap. If I find a good fortress, I'll write down the seed number and recreate it in survival, but if anyone has a seed that definitely has a great fortress as well as an end portal, I'd sure love to know the seed number.

Until then, I'll be here making world after world :(
---
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole
#2Arnora23Posted 12/21/2012 4:50:32 AM
Red Derby

Confirmed Nether fortress (got myself a few blaze rods)

Not got portal that I know of but barely explored.

Quick fly around in creative spotted a single village with 3 slime chunks (confirmed) just north of it and a HUGE underground ravine with colossal abandoned mineshaft just north of the slime chunks.

Put nether portal just near the village well (east) for easy access to the nether fortress

Dug down to my first slime chunk at -240,240 straight down (accidental access to the ravine here :) ). Dug out (west and north) found several diamonds about 6 blocks in west.

So far this is the ONLY map I've explored since the new update and so far found everything I could possibly need.
---
Xbox Live: Arnora Auria
#3SoulReaver626(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 5:31:49 AM
That one's not bad. Def a good fortress. Didn't see a mushroom biome and only one village, but it's def the best I've seen so far
---
#4WHLTE_RLDERPosted 12/21/2012 6:02:16 AM
SoulReaver626 posted...
That one's not bad. Def a good fortress. Didn't see a mushroom biome and only one village, but it's def the best I've seen so far

Have you tried "Skyrim belongs to the Nords"?

It has all the new features. All biomes, strongholds, villages, nether fortress.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
#5SoulReaver626(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 10:16:33 AM
I saw the Skyrim ones. It's one of my possible worlds. i don't like the huge amount of water, though.
---
#6OsirusrisingPosted 12/21/2012 12:38:44 PM
SoulReaver626 posted...
I got up bright and early the morning of the update, made a new world, played in it for quite a long time since then, finally was able to make a nether portal only to find that I had no Nether Fortress. I Also discovered that my world had no End Portal in my stronghold as well.

Since late last night, I've been constantly making new seeds, going into creative mode just to build a portal right away to see if there's a fortress in the nether, only to discover that they're REALLY rare. I've done over 14 new seeds and so far, only two have had fortresses. One had no blaze spawner or nether wart, the other was the ToNite! seed, which had a great fortress, but a really bad ratio of land to water and not enough biomes.

Seeing as how the nether fortresses are so rare, I don't feel like I'm cheating when I make a world in creative and check out the nether asap. If I find a good fortress, I'll write down the seed number and recreate it in survival, but if anyone has a seed that definitely has a great fortress as well as an end portal, I'd sure love to know the seed number.

Until then, I'll be here making world after world :(

Hey i just found a good seed with my friend like right after reading your post.

The seed is "f*ck yeah" there is a huge Nether fortress.
#7MrsUndeadPosted 12/21/2012 1:21:21 PM
2997738714810705261 I know there is a nether fortress one village and a bit of ever kind of biome but i have not looked for an end portal yet.
#8TooFlyForAWifiPosted 12/21/2012 2:35:44 PM
The End isn't in this update.
#9vega2505Posted 12/21/2012 3:26:28 PM
Futanari is pretty good...had a ton of blazes running around in the Nether.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#10KazemaskePosted 12/21/2012 3:45:27 PM
TooFlyForAWifi posted...
The End isn't in this update.

You can't access The End yet but the portal to it does still spawn. Got one in my survival world.
---
GT - H0W ARE YOU